Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: 96 STS - Blower Motor install?

96 STS - Blower Motor install?

I am trying to replace the blower motor in my 96 seville sts. I broke the blower cage taking the old one off and don't see how I can replace with another one with the same thing happening. I notice a label on the old housing saying "cut here to remove motor". Does that mean I have to cut the sheet metal from the housing? Please need help - this is the wifes car and it is getting hot here in Virginia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Eric is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 SLS

Re: 96 STS - Blower Motor install?

It appears that cut is necessary. Read this

http://www.2carpros.com/topics/blower.htm

Thanks Eric, Just would like to know a little bit more about how far to cut back, and how to hold it on after I cut it? Seems kind of crazy to design a repair procedure like this from cadillac. Any way thanks for the link.

Just finished test drive after installing after market blower motor. everything is working ok, for now. If anyone else needs to know the procedure I followed to fit this thing in, short of tilting the engine, just drop me a line and I will be glad to provide details on my trails. ( Robteesit@hotmail.com)

P.S. put blower motor install in the subject line so I will know to open it.
    This is a great forum....