1990 eldo digi dash problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, 1990 eldo digi dash problems in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; my baby is a 1990 eldo. she is a doll, except for speedo cluster. called totowa caddy, they said its ...
    BOBBY T is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question 1990 eldo digi dash problems

my baby is a 1990 eldo. she is a doll, except for speedo cluster. called totowa caddy, they said its either a bad central pwr supply or a bad speedo cluster. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any way of testing them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

Re: 1990 eldo digi dash problems

Welcome Bobby T!

Thanks for joining. I will redirect this to the Electrical section for better response.

Paul

THANKS CADDYBLACK THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I EVER SENT ANY KIND OF E MAIL TO ANYONE. I THINK IM DOING IT RIGHT. I WAS PERUSING THE OTHER MEMBERS CADDYS LAST NITE. THEY SURE LOOKED LIKE HONEYS.IF THIS DOESNT MAKE IT TO YOU I'LL HAVE MY DAUGHTER HELP ME. DON'T LAUGH, THIS STUFF IS GREEK TO ME. THANX AGAIN FOR RESPONDING SO QUICKLY. WHERE ARE YOU FOLKS LOCATED? DO YOU HAVE MEETINGS OR IS THIS LIKE A CAR CLUB?

Thanks for joining. I will redirect this to the Electrical section for better response.

Paul[/QUOTE]

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

Don't worry you made it just fine! Bobby we have members all over the world!
    Me personally, I'm up in the New England region. It is sort of a car club but on a global scale! We have a "meets" section where groups of people arrange get togethers in their regional areas. Check it out there may be one forming near you. Sorry no hits on this digital dash thing. I not a diy'er so I am no help to you.

Paul

THIS IS TO ALL YOU FOLKS WITH DIGI DASH PROBLEMS/ALL CADDYS.I FOUND A GM REPAIR SHOP IN HACKENSACK NJ, ON ESSEX STREET. I CALLED THE SHOP & THE TECH THAT REPAIRS THE DASHES TOLD ME THAT IT HAS TO BE THE CLUSTER. LAST FRIDAY 7/2/04, I WENT TO TOTOWA CADDY. THE SERVICE MGR. HAD TOLD ME PRIOR THAT WHEN MY DASH WENT OUT IMMEDIATELY DRIVETHE CAR TO HIM SO THEY COULD DIAGNOSE MY PROBLEM. THE MECHANIC IN THE SHOP SAID IT WAS MY TWILIGHT DIMMER/HEADLITE SWITCH. I CALLED MY BUDDYS AT NAPA/HOMETOWN AUTO IN WOODRIDGE. THEY HAD MY HEADLITE SWITCH IN HALF AN HOUR FROM THERE WAREHOUSE. I WENT TO PICK IT UP, PULLED MY DASH FACE OFF, & PUT THE SWITCH IN. NO CHANGE IN MY DASH CLUSTER. SPENT 175.00 ON THE SWITCH. BACK TO HACKENSACK,THE SHOP NAME IS EASTERN SERVICE CENTER, 201 342 3945, THEY HAD MY CLUSTER ON THE SHELF. THE SHOP GURU TOLD ME THE LOCAL CADDY DEALERS SEND THEIR DASH CLUSTERS TO HIM TO REPAIR.THEO IS THE TECHS NAME, AND QUOTED ME A PRICE SWAP OF 250-275.00. I'M GOING THERE FRIDAY TO SWAP MY DASH OUT. I WILL LET YOU FELLOW CADDY SUFFERERS HOW IT WENT.HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OTHER FOLKS OUT.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.