how to program an OLD cadillac garage door opener
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, how to program an OLD cadillac garage door opener in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi, I wanted to know if anyone knows how to program the old (1989 vintage) cadillac garage door openers? I ...
    fuzzyhypothesis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Posthow to program an OLD cadillac garage door opener

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone knows how to program the old (1989 vintage) cadillac garage door openers?

I noticed there is alot of info on the web to program the newer (amber light) garage door openers, but nothing about the older ones.

I picked one up at a garage sale for my 1992 Deville (in working order, original owner showed it working in his car with his garage door, but didn't have a clue how to program it). It has a large number of DIP switches inside it and the outside has the RED LED with a button and a 3 position switch.

On a side note, my garage door is a 1984 genie (with remote). So in theory, the 1989 garage door opener should be able to work with it.

Robert

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille

Re: how to program an OLD cadillac garage door opener

According to the manual you don't. There's supposed to be a box for it that goes inside the house to make it work.

fuzzyhypothesis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ArrowRe: how to program an OLD cadillac garage door opener

That might explain why the guy kept thinking there was something else that went with it.

I will have to stop over there again and see if I can get ahold of the box. Thank you.

Robert

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille

Re: how to program an OLD cadillac garage door opener

You're welcome

Here's a picture that I saw on ebay a while ago of it.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.