Dead battery
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Electrical Technical Information Discussion, Dead battery in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; After my V was sitting in the garage for a little bit I go to start my car and it's ...
    CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Dead battery

After my V was sitting in the garage for a little bit I go to start my car and it's stone dead. I jumped it with my jump box but wonder if this is a problem for anyone else? I know to keep the overhead interior light switch set properly I have heard that will kill them. Anybody else have this problem after sitting for a week or two?
    I know your going to tell me to use it more!! I have 2,800 miles on it and I DO drive it in the rain.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Dead battery

The CTS is not suppose to die. Even if you leave all the lights on it will turn of the lights. One time I was cleaning my car and left the key in and I heard my car beep. So I looked at the DIC and it said battery saving modes (something like that.) It said in the manual that when the battery is getting low that it will automatically start shutting down each system one by one. When the CTS came out in 2003 they had an article stating that the CTS has more technology under the hood then the first space ship to the moon. Pretty interesting stuff!

Might be bad battery.

5CTRVET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Re: Dead battery

Mine has died twice since I bought it in late April! Once was due to my radar detector being left on...plugged into the "cigar lighter" in front. The other was the passenger map light being left on. Aren't these cars supposed to have run-down protection on them?!?!?

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have left lights on before and when I walk up to my car the lights are off. When i hit the unlock button they kick back on to their last position. This was in my 2003 CTS, haven't check the V

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Found the reason for my dead battery today. I have a C/D stuck in the player and before I parked my car I tryed to eject it. It would not come out so I figured I would take care of it later. I put my battery tender on my car. Today I went out for gas and while the car was off I could hear the C/D trying to eject. So today being the inquisitive type that I am I removed my nav. unit disasembled it removed the changer part from the unit opened that up and removed the jammed C/D My wife said that watching me do this was better than any t.v. show she had seen in awhile. Tiny screws, lcd screen, the cover with buttons on it, and the internal changer itself. I got it back togeather ok but could not fix the bent changer.

I wonder if I can get just the changer part from a GM rebuild company.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

did it look like this?

Take more pictures for us... Then maybe one of us can figure out how to add an audio in... or Voice commands... or video out... or a number of things...

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

There has been some talk on other threads about CD players running with the car off.
    I have a SRX and when I open the car door it sounds like the
    CD player is starting up.
    it is weird.

Well once again, I forgot my radar detector turned on (plugged into front cigar lighter) and a day and a half later...dead battery! This is frickin ridiculous! I have left the same detector on in my silverado for weeks with not even a drop in voltage. Looks like I need to call the stealer to check it out.

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Thought the thing shut itself off after 10 min or there was a setting for it. This has been discussed before in other threads if you do a search.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

This is one of my disputes:

Manual says: move a fuse sideways under the hood (see FAQ for picture) and the cig lighter will go off 10 mins after the car shuts off (DIH)- Apparently this works on the base CTS....

On the V when I move the fuse, both outlets (front and back) go entirely dead.. I will have them look at this on my first service... (I put this down on the JD power survey I got: sorry to ding you GM but it says it should work and it don't)

Reed
    Http://www.cadillacfaq.com

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

It should relieve you to know that JD Power is for sale to the highest bidder anyhow.

I agree with mrbadss. I have tried to move the fuse and if I do, I lose all power to the cigar lighters. Maybe they forgot to "activate" this feature in the V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.