Cadillac Owners Forum banner

All Driver Door Controls Dead

5K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  still_walkin 
#1 ·
Well to start I have not checked the fuses yet will be doing that in the morning, but I figured I would post this question since it seems to be more then one possible fuse and controlling other things. Is there a harness plug that connects the driver door the the rest of the car and where is it? Not one of the switches on the driver door works (door locks, memory settings, windows, mirror controls) anything. None of the individual window controls works, but the passenger door lock controls work. I should mention the driver side mirror glass is missing and wires not connected to anything, not sure if this is looped system and something unplugged cause other things to not work. Advice anyone. Seems might just be a harness to door. If the master door control is unplugged would it cause other window controls not to work?

#28 ·
Now I have the same problem!! I have a 2000 DHS with a dead drivers side door panel. All my other door locks work and my remote entry works. Even the seat warmers still work. NOTHING ELSE WORKS on the door. Weird that my seat warmer would light up and work still on the drivers side but no a damn thing else. I'm thinking faulty module. My cadi is in pristine condition. I took the door panel off to inspect the connectors and everything is like new. Im also thinking that the drivers side mirror defogger isnt working.
Pass side works great. Are all these things connected? HELP!!

#31 ·
I have a 86 deville and I had the same problem with the windows what you need to do is pull the panel off test the motor the switches and put a voltometer on it here is the thread that saved me a lot of money and the guy who helped me on the locks it could be the actuators or a loose ground. See attached linkk for the windows

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum.../143526-broken-master-switch-x3-new-post.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.