Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2002 DTS - NIGHT VISION! Adaptive seats! Navigation! Black. Needs work

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  LymanSS 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm getting ready to part with my 2002 DTS. It's got all the cool features, including

1. Night vision - This is an incredibly cool thermal night vision system with a head up display. It definitely saved me from running into 3 moose at 75 mph.
2. Navigation - You won't find many of these cars with navigation. It was an expensive offer and dealers seemed to discourage taking it, because there was Onstar.
3. Adaptive seating. This uses a series of airbags and pressure sensors in the seat to continually equalize the weight distribution. Awesome for long trips.
4. Parking Sonar - Great for not backing into stuff
5. Sound Damping - When I got the car I had 432 square feet of Dynamat installed, along with acoustic foam and leadliner on the floor pan. At the time I measured 61 decibels at 70 MPH.

The car has around 130,000 miles on it. It's had its share of repairs, including hubs on all four corners, just about every light in the dash, wheel speed sensors, catalytic converter, coils, intake plenum, etc. In the fall, all four brake calipers and hard lines were replaced, along with all new rotor and pads. Also in the fall I replaced three out of the four window regulators (I've got the fourth one in a box in case the last one lets go). Power steering high-pressure line was replaced last year.

The car currently needs work:

1. Smoke on startup - White smoke on startup probably indicates a failing head gasket.
2. Small amount of rust on rear fenders
3. GPS antenna needs to be replaced
4. I suspect the power steering rack has a very slow leak because the PS fluid dropped noticeably over six months of driving.
5. There's a code for a bad downstream O2 sensor.

This car could not pass inspection right now because of the O2 sensor, and the probable need for a head gasket. So it's being offered AS IS with NO WARRANTY. If you like that generation of DTS and want to have a really sweet highway cruiser, this may be the car for you.

You aren't likely to find another car with these rare options. If you're interested, make me an offer.

Scott

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.