Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V1 Borla cat-back exhaust(used), Volant Intake(new), Factory oem exhaust mainifolds

Blake032 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

V1 Borla cat-back exhaust(used), Volant Intake(new), Factory oem exhaust mainifolds

All parts came off of a 2004 CTS-V excluding the volant intake. It's brand new.
    Borla cat-back exhaust(SOLD)
    Factory oem exhaust manifolds with cats(RECYCLED)
    Volant intake($200) for 04-05 CTS-V (Willing to split shipping cost)
    The intake wasn't used because when I ordered it I didn't take into consideration my aluminum radiator that is much thicker than the oem.
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Images
    Last edited by Blake032; 02-15-13 at 12:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: V1 Borla cat-back exhaust(used), Volant Intake(new), Factory oem exhaust mainifol

Just a heads up, if you find a scrap metal recycler near you, they'll probably give you $100 or more for the factory cats.

I'm tempted to buy that Borla setup, despite the fact I've got a Magnaflow system on the car and a Corsa system in my shed. For $300 that's a steal!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, 19x8.5/10" CCW T140s with Toyo Proxes T1 Sports (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

DaveSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: V1 Borla cat-back exhaust(used), Volant Intake(new), Factory oem exhaust mainifol

Why selling the Borla? How many miles on it?

Yea I've thought about taking the manifolds and cats to the scrap yard and if nobody wants/needs them then I may do that, thank you! I installed a corsa and kooks setup on my car so I don't have any need for the borla anymore. I'm not sure how many miles are on the borla system. It was on the car when I purchased it. I figured $300 would be a good price to get it gone fairly quickly. It works great and doesn't have any exhaust leaks that I'm aware of.

What do you think of the sound of the Borla compared to the Corsa?

The borla with the stock manifolds and cats had a low grumble that sounded good and was quiet when driving normal speeds, but at WOT would wake up. I really just like the sound of corsa. It has that raspy popping sound that, imo, just sounds mean. I do have the kooks headers with the corsa so I don't know what it would've sounded like having longtubes with the borla.

I can do $300 shipped . I am near Harrisburg Pa.

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Why you selling the volant? I thought they were the shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mn800r View Post
    Why you selling the volant? I thought they were the shit?
    That's what i've read and I hate to get rid of it, but I have an aluminum radiator from alradco that is much thicker than the oem and the volant won't fit with the radiator and fan shroud.

So what will work? My rad is on borrowed time...

Honestly I'm not sure. from what I've researched there are a few other companies that make an aluminum radiator for the V and then there are some that can make custom radiators. All I know is that the one from alradco will not give you enough room for the volant to fit. When I bought the car it already had a K&N intake on it and I had to modify the intake tube a little bit to get it to fit, but I had found a thread that explained it so it wasn't a problem. I had heard great things about volant and it looks a lot cleaner, but the hole in the box where the MAF is bolted up sits too low for the intake tube to be installed and tightened down properly. I did not attempt this, but you "may" be able to modify the fan shroud to make it fit. I don't know for sure though.

I have the same exact story(had a K&N now volant,cleaner look)except for the radiator as mine's stock,now on top of that I have recently read the volant is more restrictive than the K&N. Currently I do have my existing K&N and come springtime I will test by the seat Dino which one is better. If and when my radiator shits the bed I may just go OE?.

Yea I ended up just leaving my K&N on, but I do like the cleaner look of the Volant. But we'll see what future plans have in store. Maybe somebody would like a discounted Volant intake haha!

BryanJohnson02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 V

where in alabama are you?

Helena. About 15-20 min south of downtown birmingham

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast