Cadillac Owners Forum banner

V1 Borla cat-back exhaust(used), Volant Intake(new), Factory oem exhaust mainifolds

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Blake032 
#1 · (Edited)
All parts came off of a 2004 CTS-V excluding the volant intake. It's brand new.
Borla cat-back exhaust(SOLD)
Factory oem exhaust manifolds with cats(RECYCLED)
Volant intake($200) for 04-05 CTS-V (Willing to split shipping cost)
The intake wasn't used because when I ordered it I didn't take into consideration my aluminum radiator that is much thicker than the oem.:(
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just a heads up, if you find a scrap metal recycler near you, they'll probably give you $100 or more for the factory cats.

I'm tempted to buy that Borla setup, despite the fact I've got a Magnaflow system on the car and a Corsa system in my shed. :p For $300 that's a steal!

#4 ·
Yea I've thought about taking the manifolds and cats to the scrap yard and if nobody wants/needs them then I may do that, thank you! I installed a corsa and kooks setup on my car so I don't have any need for the borla anymore. I'm not sure how many miles are on the borla system. It was on the car when I purchased it. I figured $300 would be a good price to get it gone fairly quickly. It works great and doesn't have any exhaust leaks that I'm aware of.

#6 ·
The borla with the stock manifolds and cats had a low grumble that sounded good and was quiet when driving normal speeds, but at WOT would wake up. I really just like the sound of corsa. It has that raspy popping sound that, imo, just sounds mean. I do have the kooks headers with the corsa so I don't know what it would've sounded like having longtubes with the borla.

#11 ·
Honestly I'm not sure. from what I've researched there are a few other companies that make an aluminum radiator for the V and then there are some that can make custom radiators. All I know is that the one from alradco will not give you enough room for the volant to fit. When I bought the car it already had a K&N intake on it and I had to modify the intake tube a little bit to get it to fit, but I had found a thread that explained it so it wasn't a problem. I had heard great things about volant and it looks a lot cleaner, but the hole in the box where the MAF is bolted up sits too low for the intake tube to be installed and tightened down properly. I did not attempt this, but you "may" be able to modify the fan shroud to make it fit. I don't know for sure though.

#12 ·
I have the same exact story(had a K&N now volant,cleaner look)except for the radiator as mine's stock,now on top of that I have recently read the volant is more restrictive than the K&N. Currently I do have my existing K&N and come springtime I will test by the seat Dino which one is better. If and when my radiator shits the bed I may just go OE?.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.