Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Elvis 
#1 ·
As many of know may know, I used to have an '84 Cutlass that I just loved and considered part of me. I sold it away over a year ago to make room for the SLS. I'm still keep in touch with the owner, and still are subscribed to the Olds G-body email list. This came across the list today. It just makes me sick to my stomach to think of how many hours I spend polishing those fenders and those chrome wheels, and some punk kids go and seriously ruin her like that. That was a really rare car (rallye pack gauges, buckets and center console, power everything, T Tops, 307 V8 engine, factory chrome super stock III wheels)...all gone to sh*t in the hands of some bastard crooks.

"Well, as some of you may know, a friend of mine bought
Jason Adcock's beloved '84 Calais known as Flash. Last
night he was about half asleep when he heard a car
start. "Sounds awful close to the house" he thought.
"Wait a minute, that's my car!" Jumps out of bed,
looks out the window and sees taillights driving away.
Calls the police, they put out an APB and another
municipality spots the car within minutes. After a
brief chase the thieves hopped a curb, went through a
fence or something like that and fled on foot. Not too
much damage, LF fender, LF wheel, steering column,
etc. Anyway, it's being towed to the dealer to be
completely fixed. Sad thing is, he's about 2-3 weeks
away from his new house w/3car garage being done. Lock
'em and alarm 'em people!

=====
Ray"

See less See more
#2 ·
Its amazing how much time and effort has to be put in to make it perfect, and how short of time it takes to completely ruin it.

#3 ·
Considering your overwhelming feelings about the car. I think we know who the main suspect would be....;). But seriously thats lame. I had an '84 cutlass in high school and for a few years after, always kept it perfect. Couple years after i sold it, i saw it in a mall parking lot with those naked lady mud flaps and curb feelers. I almost threw up, still pises me off. i should have stolen it.

#7 ·
I know that when I sell the Q (if I do, id like to see just how long it lasts) I want to sell it to a good owner. It was a good car to the previous owner, and hopefully a good car to me.

And if I found it mutilated like that, I might just go and make it worse. Serves them right!!!!

#11 ·
Here's an email from the owners:

Hello, how have you been. Joe and I fine until this morning at about 1:00 a.m. when Joe heard "Flash" start and looked out our bedroom window and saw her going down the street with two black males driving her. He called 911 and they put out an all points bulletin. A police officer spotted her about 8 miles from our house and a chase started happening, finally I guess the guys thought the cops would get them, so they drove her over a curb, and through a chain link fence, and then they bailed out and weren't caught. We think that either our garbage lady who has been trying to get us to sell her to her for 2 mos. or one of the guys at the emissions office might have something to do with her being taken last night. One other possibility is one of the guys from Nelly's band, he was at the emissions office the day I took her in, and wanted to buy her, and I told him she isn't for sale for any dollar amount. He said he wasn't looking for a Cutlass, but she was so emmaculant that he wanted to buy her for his little brother. Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me, who took her, the good thing is that we have her back, and she has full coverage on her so our insurance company is going to take care of it, she is at a Pontiac/Buick dealership here. Regardless what the insurance company says, she will be "completely restored". She wasn't as bad as we thought she was. They used a coat hanger to unlock her, the front bumper is pushed back, the left fender is bent under and the tire is blown, and the wheel is toasted, (they drove on the wheel for awhile). The right fender is bent back just a little bit. They broke the steering column to start her, therefore we weren't able to see how she runs. Hopefullly, they didn't run the crap out of her and blow the engine up. But time will tell. If you send me your address, I will send you copies of her wrecked. I don't have a scanner to send them to you. We will also send you pictures once she is restored. No matter what, even if the insurance company totals her we will buy her back and fix her up.

#12 ·
Those cars definitely need an alarm/immobilizer. I remember my '81 Cutlass was the easiest car to break into that I ever owned. Fortunately it never happened to me, but I did lock my keys in it a few times and had no trouble at all getting in.

And then I used my talents all around the University of Memphis campus rescuing damsels in distress who were locked out of their GM cars. About half of them were RUNNING! All you need is a coat hanger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.