I figured out why my girlfriend broke up with me! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, I figured out why my girlfriend broke up with me! in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Jesda You should do her sister, and her mom, and her friends... mostly for entertainment. hahahaha. her ...
    pimpin88 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 STS, 92 Roadmaster, 01 SLS-sold, 88 Brougham-crushed

Re: I figured out why my girlfriend broke up with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    You should do her sister, and her mom, and her friends... mostly for entertainment.
    hahahaha. her friends i would do. lol. but umm, her sister is like 9 or 10, and her mom. well,

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

I don't think he's being controlling I think he was saying that he's not into those things and if she was then he didn't want to date her. And/or he would not tolerate those actions from a partner. That's not controlling that's letting your feeling be known.

He has morals and some common sense rules. Don't knock that, it's a rare quality in young people these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rp64ctsv View Post
    Control freak you are.If you don't want to be around something then don't.You can not control another persons actions,so don't try.You can't get pissed at someone for doing stuff that maybe he,or she needs to go through.Drugs are wrong!Do I do drugs no,have I,YEP.I wouldn't trade my life experiences for nothing,the good and bad ones.Be a partner to this person not a parent.If your 18 and in college you better lighten up a little.Date dozens of girls,have fun,learn,party,be a kid.
    Ownership:
    91 d'Elegance 350
    02 DTS
    01 DTS:
    Custom installed Volant CAI
    Custom PCM
    Body color engine components
    Cruiser Alloy wheels
    EBC brakes and rotors
    Eibach springs
    Corsa exhaust
    Sportwing Spoiler
    Semi-custom interior
    Custom quad Hi-Beams
    Future Plans: More interior work.

Memberships:
    National and regional Cadillac & LaSalle Club
    Proud Volunteer - Northstar Tuning Project
    Guinness World Records - Largest Cadillac Parade

----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by codewize View Post
    I don't think he's being controlling I think he was saying that he's not into those things and if she was then he didn't want to date her. And/or he would not tolerate those actions from a partner. That's not controlling that's letting your feeling be known.

He has morals and some common sense rules. Don't knock that, it's a rare quality in young people these days.

Thanks codewize. Thats exactly what I was trying to say. Im not trying to control her life. I just dont like it because of my friends that died.

nyyankeehater is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Black Raven 3.6L Sport/Luxury

"Women. Can't live with 'em. Can't kill 'em!"

LittleB is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

I think it's great that you made your mind up about certain things and are sticking to them. Peer pressure can be a funny thing, and it's nice to see that you aren't following the crowd on this one. I don't think drinking or smoking a lil weed is bad, but when it becomes a daily thing it can ruin people, and I've had it happen to close friends of mine as well. If this is the path she wants to take, then she did you a favor and you will be better off without her. If she was experimenting then maybe you guys should talk it out and then decide whether to continue the relationship or not. Either way, props for having standards.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

I know what you mean, i've seen weed bring down a lot of my old friends. They're all burnouts now who hang out in parking lots all day and smoke. Some even got into cocaine. Definatley people I don't want to associate myself with.

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    I know what you mean, i've seen weed bring down a lot of my old friends. They're all burnouts now who hang out in parking lots all day and smoke. Some even got into cocaine. Definatley people I don't want to associate myself with.
    That is exactly what happened to all of her friends who started with weed, and now like yours, some have gotten into cocaine.

I really am glad that I was able to influence her decision when her friends first started doing stuff, because otherwise I fear she would have been in the same boat that they are now. Im going home on weds for a small labor day break. Her mom wants me to come over to talk to me, and make sure I'm all right, and I'll probably talk to Katie a lot, and figure out what the heck is going on. I might even take her out for a little tray sliding. lol. We did that tonight out in the parking lot with cookie sheets and plastic trays. So that brightened my night a little bit.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

just keep looking dude ....youll find the girl you want eventually ...took me 10 years but im fairly certain ive found mine....Dont loose faith , becuse if you knew my entire story youd realize if i can do it ...litterally anyone can ....and when you find it there wont be any comprimises like what you had there ...itll click and you for at least 2 days wont belive whats going on ...keep yourself out there ....and dont let this girl come back ...get your closure and shut the door behind you gently ....this wasnt the one ....trust me ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy View Post
    just keep looking dude ....youll find the girl you want eventually ...took me 10 years but im fairly certain ive found mine....Dont loose faith , becuse if you knew my entire story youd realize if i can do it ...litterally anyone can ....and when you find it there wont be any comprimises like what you had there ...itll click and you for at least 2 days wont belive whats going on ...keep yourself out there ....and dont let this girl come back ...get your closure and shut the door behind you gently ....this wasnt the one ....trust me ...
    i don't know man, it's so hard to close the door on this one. everything was absolutely perfect, except for when a small group of friends would get involved. I know and am friends with most of her friends, but there is a group of about 5 or 6 of them, who i used to be friends with, but now i cant stand them because all they do is smoke weed, drink, and i know at least two of them do cocaine. thankfully, she isnt friends with those two anymore. its just so hard, and it came out of the blue because just like two or three weeks ago, we had made plans for a big skiing trip, and homecoming is coming up soon, and all this other fun stuff. oh well, i'll get the real story when i get home. right now, i am going on a lot of she told me, that her friend told her that so and so did this. . . but katie called me today, and i kinda went off on her because she had lied to me about it. and she admitted to doing it, but i guess it was only once. i can only hope for now.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

you CAN do beatter ...

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Umm.... I'm stayin' far away from this one......

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy View Post
    x2

we were brought into each others' lives at age 18..... so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156 View Post
    Umm.... I'm stayin' far away from this one......

Dope, I am not here to judge, nor tell you how to run your life. I just wanted her to not do these things because of what I have had happen to close friends.

Plus, you have a sweet Caddy! And she doesnt.

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

Quote Originally Posted by codewize View Post

What,I don't know what you read.What I got was,she better stop if she wants to be with me.Morels?Common sense?Rare quality in young people?Kids are Kids dude,i'm not knocking him just saying ditch your little high school girl friend,you can't trust her anyway.Tell me more about our troubled,no morals,stupid youth.Enlighten me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.