4 wheelers/ATV advice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, 4 wheelers/ATV advice in General Discussion; Does anyone have any advice for someone who has never had a 4 wheeler (beginner) but who is 6'6'' and ...
    AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

4 wheelers/ATV advice

Does anyone have any advice for someone who has never had a 4 wheeler (beginner) but who is 6'6'' and would like a "almost new" 4 wheeler. I need a toy!

I'm stopping by to see a 2004 Arctic Cat 650 2 seater....it looks like it has everything.. Has 978 miles on it and is selling for 5k. I like it because it is big, looks like fun, can fit 2 people, and is relatively new. I guess it has a performance exhaust on it and the dude who's selling it said he's had it at 74 mph. he said he's selling it because he needs the money which means he might take less than asking price.

However, I also want low maintenance... if anyone wants to give me advice, that'd be sweet... Suggestions welcome. I know Yamaha and Honda have the best reputations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LittleB is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Re: 4 wheelers/ATV advice

Get one of these:

(my man is on the left and his friend on the right. They both have Bombardier 650 Bajas. HAHAHA you can tell mine is the dinky lil yellow one all the way to the left).

Bombardiers are like the Cadillacs of quads. They are the biggest ones. The new Yamaha I think is supposed to be the fastest one...but that can be kinda scary.

Here is another view of the bike:

damn...those must be killer. the little yellow one is cute (awww), maybe i'll get one for my girl. I'll google them right now!

those are desert and sand quads... i think I might need one designed for the woods and fields of Maine. hmmm.

Yeah mine is a lil Suzuki LTZ250. Mine is dinky but perfect for me. These are mainly made for dirt and sand, but they can be used in the woods and fields for sure. Unless you wanted those Foreman ones that look like jeeps lol. Those are really lame though. Go for the regular quads. They are all super nice looking and they don't call them ATV's for nothing (all terrain vehicles!)

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

My Honda Rincon is big (650cc), comfortable, can run in 2wd and 4wd, automatic or manual. You can generally find one in solid condition (used) for around the same price. I have always been partial to Hondas.

Here's an artic cat on ebay: eBay Motors: 2004 Arctic Cat 650 V2 4x4 ATV Virtually New (item 200018929646 end time Aug-25-06 19:32:04 PDT)
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    My Honda Rincon is big (650cc), comfortable, can run in 2wd and 4wd, automatic or manual. You can generally find one in solid condition (used) for around the same price. I have always been partial to Hondas.

Here's an artic cat on ebay: eBay Motors: 2004 Arctic Cat 650 V2 4x4 ATV Virtually New (item 200018929646 end time Aug-25-06 19:32:04 PDT)
    thanks. I checked out this 04 arctic cat this evening and it is the same as you posted except it has some mods like a lift kit, a performance exhaust, a box on the back where you can sit another person, and it has 978 miles. I like how you can run them in 2 or 4 wheel drive so you can whip the tail around easier without the 4 wheel drive on.

I'll look into some online reviews...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.