Whats your Career/Job? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Whats your Career/Job? in General Discussion; Pipeline engineer....
    P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Re: Whats your Career/Job?

Pipeline engineer.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk View Post
    Pipeline engineer.
    you get paid to lay pipe?

Awesome!

P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    you get paid to lay pipe?

Awesome!

Pengineer91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Quality manager for a medical device company that specializes in diagnostic imaging equipment.

Feels kinda good that the work I do contributes to helping sick people (esp. children) get better.

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Self employed twice

ADL Datacomm - Computer and Network company
    Web Spun Designs - Web design and hosting

Master craftsman at home. Having owned a drywall business for 13 years I'm well versed in ALL aspects of building and construction. I can do just about anything in a house and I do it well. I'm anal over everything so it's either perfect or we don't do it.

I research everything to the umpteenth degree, which some of you may have noticed around here
    Ownership:
    91 d'Elegance 350
    02 DTS
    01 DTS:
    Custom installed Volant CAI
    Custom PCM
    Body color engine components
    Cruiser Alloy wheels
    EBC brakes and rotors
    Eibach springs
    Corsa exhaust
    Sportwing Spoiler
    Semi-custom interior
    Custom quad Hi-Beams
    Future Plans: More interior work.

Memberships:
    National and regional Cadillac & LaSalle Club
    Proud Volunteer - Northstar Tuning Project
    Guinness World Records - Largest Cadillac Parade

----------------------------

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Graduated from Temple University (Phila., Pa) in 1969 and began selling cars. Sold Dodge thru 1973 and opened my own used car lot (40-car lot). Did fair. Held on. Finally sold the property & made a killing. Went back to selling at new car dealer (Imperial, Chrysler, Plymouth) for many years, thru 1984. Then switched to a Cadillac dealer's used car lot, selling late model Caddies.
    Presently? I retired in 2001. Liked selling cars, but hated the simply dreadful hours! (9am to 9pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday) Thursday I was off all day and Saturday was 9am to 6pm. Open All holidays, such as 4th of July, Labor Day and Memorial Day. Also hated about 10-percent of the customer's attitudes. Sometimes it was fun just throwing 'em out.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

I need to change mine ....Pretty much just got my walking papers from detroit diesel ...

So now for employment ...lets say i just cant hold a job ...

STScadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): RIP 1994 STS and 1989 Eldorado RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy View Post
    lets say i just cant hold a job ...
    I had the same problem there for awhile I went through 3 jobs in a months time. But then I realized I needed the money and Im not gonna get a good enough job till I go to college and graduate.

yeah im still in college .....

Basicly i should have never left the military ...i just dont understand civilians ....

Im thinking seriously about calling my sargent ...and having him put me on the first ****in plane back to afganistan

STScadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): RIP 1994 STS and 1989 Eldorado RIP

Yeah im in college as well but I don't know if I want to pursue a career in Information Techonology-Computer Programming, Criminal Justice, or Culinary Arts. Im very confused LOL

yeah im getting my degree in journaisim ...once thats over think ill just go into business for myself ...and write professionally on the side ...ive really gotten tied of working for people that have no buiness operateing a buiness

LittleB is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Stoney why did they let you go?! What happened?

Some bullshit about "not being able to put parts in proper bins"...I put away a truckload of deisel engine parts every night all by myself ....over 10,000 parts a week ....Im im being let go becuse on average 8 parts per week dont end up in the right place ....

funny thing is is the parts there talking about have no homes and the bins aint marked for the part thats supposed ot be there....youd know where the shit went if you worked there for 25 years like they did ....

basicly its like delivering mail to a neiborhood where 8 houses dont have an adress ....but the old mailman that did the route 1 year ago had done it for 20 years and knew the adress for those houses....

They have went thru 3 guys in my position in 9 months ...They dont seem to understand that a person cannot gain 25 years of experence in under 60 days ....And there dealing with one of the fastest lerners out there ...Me ...

Its partly my fault , shouldnt have taken the job after my future boss had talked for 30 mintues about how bad the previous guy was ...let alone told me how many they went thru in so many months.....Becuse the same faults he pointed out with that guy are my faults ...But i was desperate for work , and i enjoyed it greatly till today .....Out of the blue i have a huge problem that boots me out the door in 19 days ....Ill give them credit tho , at least there giving me time to find a new gig ...

LittleB is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Man what a bummer, and that's such bullshit. Too bad it was one you enjoyed...oh well maybe you can find something similar to it?! Where one door closes another one opens

Quote Originally Posted by LittleB View Post
    Man what a bummer, and that's such bullshit. Too bad it was one you enjoyed...oh well maybe you can find something similar to it?! Where one door closes another one opens
    well ive learned its part of life in florida , the jobs dont pay well at all , and employers have no incentive to keep an employee becuse the job pool is so rich , so employers belive they can always get something beatter.They turn employes over before 90 days. So you can pay employees the minum , not worry about paying beneifts and never allow them to get to a point where they could get a raise. and since jobs in the market really require no training money really inst lost anywhere. But monday while im in his office for the meeting im going to advize him that he would have a beatter deal getting temps , that way he can eliminate the small cost of background cheacks and still be able to turn employees like a leased car.

I had sworn that if i lost this gig i would finnaly throw in the towel and leave florida forever, now with this girl ....I dunno ....

Those who belive unions are dumb , have never worked in florida. Being in union shops up north , there is a whole process even at the hireing level , where from day one the employee has rights. Here in florida were nicknamed the "right to starve state" ...becuse THATS your only right ...that and high home insureance ....

God forsaken hell hole ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.