Sal v. Cadillac?
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 101
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Sal v. Cadillac? in General Discussion; Has Sal expressed these views here? "Cadillac and Their Second Rate Cars" Cadillac and Their Second Rate Cars... - GMInsideNews ...
  1. #1
    c5 rv's Avatar
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,398

    Sal v. Cadillac?

    Has Sal expressed these views here?

    "Cadillac and Their Second Rate Cars"

    Cadillac and Their Second Rate Cars... - GMInsideNews Forums

    I'm confused.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Jesda's Avatar
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,220

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Sal: Get your facts straight!

    I replied.

  4. #3
    EDBSO is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    332

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Hell, screw the interior.

    I would be very happy if Cadillac designed an engine that did not have regular headgasket replacement at $$$$$. Get the engine right then start with the interior.

  5. #4
    DILLIGAF's Avatar
    DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    kansas
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,750

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Who can give the big guy a red block for that?20 years ago when caddys were (the car),how many 500 hp MB's were on Americas roads,none.Sal is partially right on the point that cad needs to be more innovative,more reliability,ext.But cad has never been a world player in car technology.Cad is a sweet a$$ car and has the same iconic following as HD.My car only happens to be a caddie,I bought 4 doors a six speed and a ls6 motor.Cad is still and has always been a GM,isn't the Caddilac a step up from the Oldsmobile anyway.Never been a Benz,a Jag,a bentley,a Rolls,ext,ext,ext

  6. #5
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,617

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    Has Sal expressed these views here?

    "Cadillac and Their Second Rate Cars"

    Cadillac and Their Second Rate Cars... - GMInsideNews Forums

    I'm confused.
    That post isn't a secret or anything. I basically copied it from the message I posted here even earlier:

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tml#post773694

    I want more improvement from my favorite car company...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

  7. #6
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,617

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Sal: Get your facts straight!

    I replied.
    You just have something against the Lexus LS. Probably because it outsells the Q45 so bad. Everytime somebody mentions "Lexus LS", you mention transmission problems like everybody's turning-in their LS' because they're so bad...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

  8. #7
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,617

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Quote Originally Posted by rp64ctsv View Post
    Who can give the big guy a red block for that?20 years ago when caddys were (the car),how many 500 hp MB's were on Americas roads,none.Sal is partially right on the point that cad needs to be more innovative,more reliability,ext.But cad has never been a world player in car technology.Cad is a sweet a$$ car and has the same iconic following as HD.My car only happens to be a caddie,I bought 4 doors a six speed and a ls6 motor.Cad is still and has always been a GM,isn't the Caddilac a step up from the Oldsmobile anyway.Never been a Benz,a Jag,a bentley,a Rolls,ext,ext,ext
    You're right. And like I said in the thread I posted here.. You have to drive a Lexus LS or Mercedes S-Class to see what I'm talking about.. Lash me 100 times with a wet noodle - this is just the type of ride-quality and functionality I expect from Cadillac...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

  9. #8
    Stoneage_Caddy's Avatar
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Undisclosed location in FL
    Posts
    14,603

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    I agree with sal , ive driven every generation of S class and lexus ...but to me theres something about cadillacs thats well .....cadillac .....

    Then again im kinda weird , im keeping my eyes peeled for a cimmaron for a daily driver ...

  10. #9
    Destroyer's Avatar
    Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Quote Originally Posted by rp64ctsv View Post
    Who can give the big guy a red block for that?20 years ago when caddys were (the car),how many 500 hp MB's were on Americas roads,none.
    So tell us, how many 500hp Cadillacs were on the roads?. Hold up, I'll tell ya..........none.

  11. #10
    Jesda's Avatar
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,220

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    You just have something against the Lexus LS. Probably because it outsells the Q45 so bad. Everytime somebody mentions "Lexus LS", you mention transmission problems like everybody's turning-in their LS' because they're so bad...
    No, because its a bore. Its an outright derivative bore of an appliance. Replace the L badge with "MAYTAG" and its all the same.

    Note also that one of our forums members, PlayDrv4Me, had owned an LS430, and agrees that it was a dullard of a car. The only LS worthy of praise and accolade is the second generation LS400. The current one looks like a Deville that had sex with an Acura RL and had an unwanted child with down syndrome -- a case in favor of abortion.

    When I spend my money, I expect style, performance, great service, and reliability. Paying full price for only half of my needs and wants? No thanks.

    I like to think I've evolved as an auto enthusiast beyond "Oh, well it matches my khakis and it has oscillating vents."

    The soul of a car, its character, and its depth and personality are the product of a central design philosophy, not a focus group. Get out, drive more cars, both expensive and cheap, and you'll discover what you're missing in the automotive world.

  12. #11
    Destroyer's Avatar
    Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Sal is keeping it real. We all love Cadillacs although I like them more for the way they used to be and dont really care much for anything past the '96 Fleetwood. Caddy is trying hard to compete with Lexus and Mercedes but unfortuanately the things people first see and feel with the cars is not impressive. Dont get me wrong, in a way this is good for a guy like me as it makes the cars depreciate real fast and I can pick one up in 5 years or so for a song and a dance.

  13. #12
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,617

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy View Post
    I agree with sal , ive driven every generation of S class and lexus ...but to me theres something about cadillacs thats well .....cadillac .....

    Then again im kinda weird , im keeping my eyes peeled for a cimmaron for a daily driver ...
    Thank you. And there's no doubt about it - there's just something about a Cadillac. They aren't my favorite for nothing. Still, I know they're improving and things are getting better - but so are all the other car companies. I'd love, more than anything, to see Cadillac become the Standard of the World again.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

  14. #13
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Palm Beach, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    13,617

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    You make valid points but this discussion isn't just about Lexus.. The Mercedes S Class is very similar to the Lexus LS in regards to the way it drives and the features it has.. I've driven the Audi A8L, the BMW 760(li, il whatever) and they're just not me.. Not everybody who buys a car is an "enthusiast". In fact, I feel pretty confident that "most" people who buy cars aren't "enthusiasts". They just buy a car that suits their needs or makes them happy when their driving..

    In regards to the Lexus LS. How are you only getting "half" for your money? You mentioned Style - which is subjective - performance (you're getting it and you can opt for a fairly stiff suspension), great service (that goes without saying), and reliability (again, you've got it). You make the Lexus LS430 sound a lot worse than it is.

    But, you're allowed.

    Again, this isn't just about the Lexus. The S-Class is another car that drives the way I'd like to see a Cadillac drive with the features it has.. I appreciate the Cadillacs of today but I also appreciate the Cadillacs of yesterday. And I'm certainly not alone here when I say I'd love to see another full-sized Cadillac with a soft, quiet ride full of the innovative features that made owning a Cadillac so special...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    No, because its a bore. Its an outright derivative bore of an appliance. Replace the L badge with "MAYTAG" and its all the same.

    Note also that one of our forums members, PlayDrv4Me, had owned an LS430, and agrees that it was a dullard of a car. The only LS worthy of praise and accolade is the second generation LS400. The current one looks like a Deville that had sex with an Acura RL and had an unwanted child with down syndrome -- a case in favor of abortion.

    When I spend my money, I expect style, performance, great service, and reliability. Paying full price for only half of my needs and wants? No thanks.

    I like to think I've evolved as an auto enthusiast beyond "Oh, well it matches my khakis and it has oscillating vents."

    The soul of a car, its character, and its depth and personality are the product of a central design philosophy, not a focus group. Get out, drive more cars, both expensive and cheap, and you'll discover what you're missing in the automotive world.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

  15. #14
    Jesda's Avatar
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,220

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    I'd love, more than anything, to see Cadillac become the Standard of the World again.
    I agree, but I dont want Cadillac's improvement to come at the expense of its character. Set higher standards for quality and engineering, sure... but Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti should not be inspiration for Cadillac.

  16. #15
    Jesda's Avatar
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    St Louis MO
    Age
    32
    Posts
    22,220

    Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    Again, this isn't just about the Lexus. The S-Class is another car that drives the way I'd like to see a Cadillac drive with the features it has.. I appreciate the Cadillacs of today but I also appreciate the Cadillacs of yesterday. And I'm certainly not alone here when I say I'd love to see another full-sized Cadillac with a soft, quiet ride full of the innovative features that made owning a Cadillac so special...
    When I see a down-faced LS430 wallowing along like a fat turd, I see a car that reached only half its potential. I see derivation, not innovation. I see accountants going to Starbucks.

    It sounds like you and I aspire to have different versions of Cadillac. I want bold, powerful, strong, and original. Cadillac, to me, should be the car of choice for an outgoing extrovert who wants to announce to the world that he's made it.

    What it sounds like you're describing, in your praises for Lexus and old-fashioned Cadillac virtues, is Buick.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting