Sal v. Cadillac? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Sal v. Cadillac? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho And while Audi-buttraped clowns like toysnot go on and on about interior quality, we have a ...
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: Sal v. Cadillac?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    And while Audi-buttraped clowns like toysnot go on and on about interior quality, we have a continually growing forum of guys that love driving and enjoying their Vs to the point of obsession.
    Just because owners love driving their cars doesn't mean its a better car. You have a big time chip on your choulder when it comes to Audi and toysnob or as you call him toysnot.
    I'd like to see ANY Lexus owner group become like us. They make high quality cars with a low excitement quotient. Unless you're young ricer graduates who dream of dropping in a Gen IV Supra motor into their IS, there is nothing.
    Your logic makes zero sense. So because Lexus owners don't get together and race their cars or brag about how they have a great performance engines thats makes them less of a car group compared to this forum? Not every car manufacturer looks at their cars to see how they can be turned into race cars or how well their engine's can be modified. If you look though the whole Toyota lineup they don't really have a high performance car. But by looking at their sales I guess they don't need one because they are doing just fine compared to the likes of GM, Ford, DCX, etc. Like I've stated before performance doesn't sell cars. Hyundai and Kia were one of the few automakers that had higher sales for the last quarter and do they have any performance cars? Hell no. Performance vehicles are for a small niche group that don't really makes automakers a ton of money.

Top of the line for a 3 series coupe, which is still running on the lighter, last Gen body style. The new engines running in the new 4 door are up to 255hp.
    So the 3 series is getting 2 more doors, more weight and 30 extra hp. So are you worried about this? Because to me that doesn't make me think performance when I see 255 whopping hp

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Like I said before its nice a car can go fast and handle well but to the normal joe that isn't what makes a luxury car a luxury car. After being in the new LS and checking out a Maybach those are luxury cars.
    I guess that describes me - and why I like cars such as the Lexus LS and Mercedes S-Class.. Performance isn't very important to me, although I don't want my car to be weak. The Fleetwood Brougham had adequate power and I loved the way the car road soft. Same goes for the Town Car - only IT has hardly any of the nice innovations that the Lexus or Mercedes has... I think most luxury car buyers share my opinion and if Cadillac offered a vehicle like the above mentioned, it would sell a lot.. Not everybody wants a Cadillac BMW.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

EDBSO is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I think that we should take a pole.

HOLD IT!!! there already is a pole of world wide car purchasers.

How many Cadillacs are sold in Japan, Australia, Europe and North America?

AND How many BMWs, Lexus and Mercedes are sold in Japan, Australia, Europe and North America?

The world's driving population has spoken and the answer is . . . Cadillac is the best top selling car in the world NOT!

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    I guess that describes me - and why I like cars such as the Lexus LS and Mercedes S-Class.. Performance isn't very important to me, although I don't want my car to be weak. The Fleetwood Brougham had adequate power and I loved the way the car road soft. Same goes for the Town Car - only IT has hardly any of the nice innovations that the Lexus or Mercedes has... I think most luxury car buyers share my opinion and if Cadillac offered a vehicle like the above mentioned, it would sell a lot.. Not everybody wants a Cadillac BMW.
    The trick is to get the Cadillac to Mercedes/Lexus levels but at the current pricing. Even if the Caddy did not have all the innovations but had the solidity and vault like feel of a Benz plus the quality of the materials on the inside it would be an excellent value. I mean, the Cadillacs have great drivetrains and newfound performance, if they could just complete the package....................

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

Unfortunately Cadillac is not the best. Although I am in love with the Cadillac brand, I do realize the "better" offerings can be had elsewhere. My definition of better may differ from yours, but as I can imagine, the common buyer's "better" is one that puts Cadillac in a place that isn't first.

I myself would love to drive around a new LS, hearing what I have heard, but it can never be a Cadillac. The thing that bugs me the most is that in numerous posts, Cadillac does not compete with the S-Class, or LS. Why? What is stopping Cadillac and GM from making such a car...one that can come to a buyer's mind when searching for a S or LS?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that is why we are here. If we are to follow someone else's ideas, then why have a reply box? For me, I always need to have a Cadillac somewhere to call my own. Even if I never drive it and have 5 other luxury/preformance cars, I need a Caddy. I do wish Cadillac had some of the newer features that are on the high-end M-B, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, etc...cars.

As for the bickering going on between many of our members, let us remember that personal opinion is just that, personal. I will never accept that my Eldorado could be a cheap car to maintain, has a low body weight, and has small doors. Even if you pull up next to me in a Maybach, my car is still heavy, and still expensive to maintain. Like the rest of you, certain things are held within us that we can't or don't want to change, and we should never have to for someone else.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

So the 3 series is getting 2 more doors, more weight and 30 extra hp. So are you worried about this? Because to me that doesn't make me think performance when I see 255 whopping hp
    Well, then I guess if you think the only way to have a performance car is to have too much hp for the chassis and whatever else, then think what you want. But BMW knows how to build cars with the right amount of power, handling and brakes to get the job done. And guess what? It's fun to drive. That's why the auto rags gush over the 3 series time and time again.

Just because owners love driving their cars doesn't mean its a better car. You have a big time chip on your choulder when it comes to Audi and toysnob or as you call him toysnot.
    You obviously don't know much about that whole daitribe. So until you know the whole situation with toysnob, why don't you keep your lack of knowledge to yourself.

Your logic makes zero sense. So because Lexus owners don't get together and race their cars or brag about how they have a great performance engines thats makes them less of a car group compared to this forum? Not every car manufacturer looks at their cars to see how they can be turned into race cars or how well their engine's can be modified. If you look though the whole Toyota lineup they don't really have a high performance car. But by looking at their sales I guess they don't need one because they are doing just fine compared to the likes of GM, Ford, DCX, etc. Like I've stated before performance doesn't sell cars. Hyundai and Kia were one of the few automakers that had higher sales for the last quarter and do they have any performance cars? Hell no. Performance vehicles are for a small niche group that don't really makes automakers a ton of money.
    I never say that car manufacturers do or should care about the small percent of us that get into a car and can actually appreciate the feel of a car that's been designed primarily for driver involvement. Which is exactly where the whole argument between Cadillac and Jesda started. And like I said before, there is no Lexus and very few Mercedes that can actually make your pulse race during anything else than a straight line.

I don't care about the great unwashed. That's why they'll never read these words in this forum. Sometimes I wish you didn't too.

Don't ever tell me my logic makes no sense when you obviously don't even know what I'm saying.

Well, then I guess if you think the only way to have a performance car is to have too much hp for the chassis and whatever else, then think what you want. But BMW knows how to build cars with the right amount of power, handling and brakes to get the job done. And guess what? It's fun to drive. That's why the auto rags gush over the 3 series time and time again.
    fun car to drive doesn't mean it's a performance car. Mag's love driving the Solstice and Miata but are they performance cars? Hell no. Name me a performance car that has 255 hp and is considered a performance car. There's a difference between a performance car and a "fun" car. The only car that has 255 hp that its sole purpose is to perform would be the Ariel Atom and the Elise

You obviously don't know much about that whole daitribe. So until you know the whole situation with toysnob, why don't you keep your lack of knowledge to yourself.
    So because anytime someone mentions Audi and you come on and say something negative about it and when someone asks you why you do that they need to shut their mouth because they don't know about you and toysnob?

And like I said before, there is no Lexus and very few Mercedes that can actually make your pulse race during anything else than a straight line.
    The McLaren SLR, any AMG class car, etc.

I don't care about the great unwashed. That's why they'll never read these words in this forum. Sometimes I wish you didn't too.
    And why is that? Because my opinion differ's from yours? Is it because I actually like something besides Cadillac?

Don't ever tell me my logic makes no sense when you obviously don't even know what I'm saying.
    Your logic doesn't make sense. And I think the only person that understands your logic is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
    Exactly. Their most expensive vehicle is $100k and what do you get for that amount? Go over to a BMW dealership or a Mercedes dealership and check out cars that cost $100k over there and then look at a XLR-V and there is no way in hell that you would be able to think that the XLR-V is worth $100k

The McLaren SLR, any AMG class car, etc.

And why is that? Because my opinion differ's from yours? Is it because I actually like something besides Cadillac?

Your logic doesn't make sense. And I think the only person that understands your logic is you.
    Did you not see "very few Mercedes"? As for most of the AMG cars, did you not see "in anything but a straight line"?

As for my allegiance to Cadillac, I never thought of buying one until the CTS-V. My allegiance is based only on the V. I have more allegiance to Ford for stumbling upon the SHO if you're going to go that route.

So because anytime someone mentions Audi and you come on and say something negative about it and when someone asks you why you do that they need to shut their mouth because they don't know about you and toysnob?
    If you actually read any of that crap, I gave much respect to Audi. It was toysnob's persistent agenda of pissing off the V crowd that sent that thread spiraling. Since you can't understand the point of gross exaggeration, I'll just say I like the Audi RS4...when it's running.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.