Thinking of selling my Town Car for a
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Thinking of selling my Town Car for a in General Discussion; Thinking of selling my Town Car privately (2003 with 10,000 miles) and ordering up a 2007 Mustang GT Convertible, in ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Thinking of selling my Town Car for a

Thinking of selling my Town Car privately (2003 with 10,000 miles) and ordering up a 2007 Mustang GT Convertible, in Grabber Orange, with black cloth roof & black leather with full aluminum accent package, Emission Systems Override, 5-Speed Automatic with Overdrive, Dual power Seats with heat & auto Dimming R/V Mirror, Sport Appearance Pkg., Luxury Interior UPgrade Pkg., Shaker 1000 Stereo/CD & MP3, Cloth Roof, Top Boot, Polished 18" GTR Wheels with Pony Spinners, Driver & Passenger SIDE air bags, Anti Theft System, Duck Tail Spoiler, Signal Mirrors, Sequential Taillamps, "Mustang" Door Sill Plates, and Hood Struts.

Get done, it's like $ 42,700 ! Look over at 2007 Town Car, Super Loaded & it's $ 46,020, Gezz, only $ 3,000 more. Seems like alot more car, somehow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Re: Thinking of selling my Town Car for a

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Get done, it's like $ 42,700 ! Look over at 2007 Town Car, Super Loaded & it's $ 46,020, Gezz, only $ 3,000 more. Seems like alot more car, somehow.
    Sounds nice but that is a lot of coin for a GT model Sandy. Personally, I'd get a nice second hand low mileage '05 and customize from there, but thats me. Do what makes you happy. Be ready to get nailed hard with the sale of the Town Car as they are virtually worthless after 3-5 years compared to what they cost new.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Garnet Red Metallic

Go for a GT500 Convertible. My Dad's GT500 coupe is scheduled for delivery in late August/early September. The convertible is still a tad under $50K I believe

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Sandy, why a Mustang? I thought you were a luxury car lover.

SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

Thinking of selling my Town Car privately (2003 with 10,000 miles) and ordering up a 2007 Mustang GT Convertible, in Grabber Orange, with black cloth roof & black leather with full aluminum accent package, Emission Systems Override, 5-Speed Automatic with Overdrive, Dual power Seats with heat & auto Dimming R/V Mirror, Sport Appearance Pkg., Luxury Interior UPgrade Pkg., Shaker 1000 Stereo/CD & MP3, Cloth Roof, Top Boot, Polished 18" GTR Wheels with Pony Spinners, Driver & Passenger SIDE air bags, Anti Theft System, Duck Tail Spoiler, Signal Mirrors, Sequential Taillamps, "Mustang" Door Sill Plates, and Hood Struts.
    Wow....I'm speechless....

Good luck, although $42,000 is a good amount of coin for a Mustang. I personally don't care for the convertible, the 'Stang loses all of its' beautiful lines without the Fastback Coupe look. But then again, I'm not writing the check. Just one piece of advice that you should follow, DO NOT get the Shaker 1000 system, it is COMPLETE crap! I've heard the 1000's and the 500's (standard) and the 1000 sounded grainey compared to the clearness of the 500. And what does the 1000 cost, $700 I believe? The 500 sounds clear but stay away from the 1000.

Go for a GT500 Convertible. My Dad's GT500 coupe is scheduled for delivery in late August/early September. The convertible is still a tad under $50K I believe
    Anything car with the name "Shelby" will sell like hotcakes. They look nice but it's hard to justify a $15,000-$20,000 increase from the base Mustang GT. It's good to see Carroll back in the car game though, definetly a legend.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Yeah, guys, I think Sandy is using sarcasm. All your arguments were, in a subtle way, his.

ted tcb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03

Sandy:
    I'd keep my virtually new '03 Town Car, and not give up a penny in needless depreciation to the dealer.

Mustang?? I don't think so ... you drive one of the smoothest rides in the world ... to you, the TC is still worth every bit of the $40k you dropped on her.
    I think you're teasing us.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

He had me going until I read "grabber orange" and I knew he was bullshtting us!

SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

Damn...I hate getting played a fool!

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

Sandy that's not right!! Keep the TC. But somehow I think you're laughing as you look at this thread. Hmmm I smell a Sandy prank here.

Okay, in order I will attempt to answer...

Destroyer: I have a willing to wait buyer for the Town Car @ $24,000.
    I paid $ 40,000 + 6% NJ sales tax. There was a $4,000 Factory Rebate, so it was really $44,000, after a $2,400 Dealer Discount. Window sticker was $ 46,500.00

96 Fleetwood: All Shelbys are Sticks. I can't drive a stick. Must be Auto !

"I-Love-Caddies" : I am a Luxury car lover, BUT the '07 'Stang rings my bells! It's the best "retro" job ever done, and from what I've seen it's a terrific car.

Speedy:- I agree on the "more Mustang" looks of the fastback, but I am a convertible lover at heart. Until they stopped making Luxury Converts, that was all I ever had. 1 Imperial Crown Convert - 1 DeVille Convert & 2 Eldo Converts. Then went to a couple Mustang 'Verts....

Ted TCB:- Your statement *IS* THE reason I am home typing this and not at my Ford dealer ordering it !! I can add Nothing. This 2003 has been the #1 best car I have ever owned, and I've owned like 27-30 cars.
    5 Imperials; 3 Lincolns; 4 Cadillacs; 1 Mercury; 3 Mustangs; 1 Jeep; 2 Buicks; 2 Corvettes, 1 Chevy Impala SS; 1 Chrysler 300 Convertible; a Used AMC Pacer (to "save the Corvette from Snow); a GTO Convertible, etc, etc,
    the 2003 Town Car is #1.

Elvis: It **IS** actually the Grabber Orange that roped me in. I LOVE that color ! I love COLOR, remember, I was the guy that ordered the Flamingo Pink Mark 7 Coupe !! I LIKE color. A GT 'Vert in Grabber Orange is HOT !

Addison, no prank, honest people. I am really seriously thinking about doing it.

Maybe ..... The devil in me says DO IT !
    The sane side of brain says: Take an asprin and lay down.....
    Whom do I listen to ???

PS / Wife says, Do it if you want it.......No complaints to hear....

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy

Maybe ..... The devil in me says DO IT !
    The sane side of brain says: Take an asprin and lay down.....
    Whom do I listen to ???

PS / Wife says, Do it if you want it.......No complaints to hear....
    Take the Asprin. Would you really be comfortable in the GT?

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Sandy, how about a super low mileage '70s Eldorado Convertible? Or a super low mileage Imperial Lebaron Convertible?

Side note, where did you find "Grabber Orange"? I checked Ford's site and they don't show any oranges for the '06 Mustangs.

I have the 2007 color chart. Grabber Orange is new for '07.

I-Luv-Caddies; there was never an Imperial LeBaron Convertible. The last Imperial Convert was 1968 Imperial Crown Convert. I had one, bought it brand new, fresh outta college, no job, no income. $78.00 a month car payment and $37.00 @ month car insurance. Then I got a job assembling bikes for a major mega store and made $117.00 a week. I was in heaven ! I had one heII of a hard time making those payments, but never missed one. Spent many a weekend home, alone, with zero $$$ to do anything much.
    From then on I decided it was wiser to pay cash.

FYI, Imperial Converts were from 1957 to 1968. 12 years.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

If you love it, you MUST do it!

You have my blessing!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.