I hate people - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, I hate people in General Discussion; In in 1972, My Mom took her brandy new Coupe deVille to a small parking lot to do like 30 ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: I hate people

In in 1972, My Mom took her brandy new Coupe deVille to a small parking lot to do like 30 minutes of shopping. When she returned there was a big (size of a baseball) deep dent in her back bumper, which was also shoved up into the lower lip of the trunk lid. Then, she noticed a rather large note under her windshield wiper. The note read:
    ""I backed up and backed into your car. I hit it pretty hard. I didn't mean to do it. It was an accident. People saw me do it, so I am writing this so that they think that I am giving you my name/address/phone number....but I ain't ! Tough Siht ! ""

Signed:

Smart Gal, here.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Due to an unfortunate incident back in 1994, I now have a handicapped sticker that puts me into parking spaces that are slightly wider than the norm. And the other drivers that use those spots are somewhat more cautious when they open their doors anyway - either more cautious, or they simply can't swing their doors open without a care in the world like the vast majority of boneheads out there.

Mind you, parking on the street leaves me just as vulnerable as everyone else. And what I've seen some people do would make your hair curl!!!

tstach is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 BMW M5 - Alpine White

The best solution I found is to park out - way out in the parking lots. There's always someone else with a nice vehicle parking out there as well. It's kind of like the unofficial "no ding zone" club. We all silently recognize each others intentions and reason for parking where we do.

Most people seem to want to park as close as they can, so there is always plenty of room farther out. Plus, you'll get a little more exercise...

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Due to an unfortunate incident back in 1994, I now have a handicapped sticker that puts me into parking spaces that are slightly wider than the norm. And the other drivers that use those spots are somewhat more cautious when they open their doors anyway - either more cautious, or they simply can't swing their doors open without a care in the world like the vast majority of boneheads out there.

Mind you, parking on the street leaves me just as vulnerable as everyone else. And what I've seen some people do would make your hair curl!!!
    Huh. I think that those spots are better only because they are wider - not due to the people in the cars. My father-in-law has a handicap sticker also. He swings his door way out so he can manage his bum hip. When I drive him, I'm always telling him to be careful with the door or let me come around and hold it. IMO, I think senior citizens in general are more likely not to care. Or if they do, they just can't help it.
    I always park far away or by cars with short doors. You can't judge the other the driver/passenger by the car they have. Then there's those *&^%$# kids!

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792
    I try and park alone too, problem there is it may draw a bit of negative attention to that car "hey look at him, he thinks his car is so great" type of stuff. But I suppose if you park in the lines nobody will make a big deal about it.
    Thats when you park sideways and take up 4 spots.

Park normal, out in the middle of a parking lot, my favorite is one that is right next to one of the little islands, and I get really close to the curb... its a little more of a walk, but its a good thing.... and Aimee understands and dosn't mind either... thats cool.

I only witnessed it once, I was in my Oldsmobile, it was raining hard and a guy in a pickup hit his door into the car... I was in the car... it hit the chrome trim over the left rear wheel (same as on the C-body DeVille's) and actually put a dent in it... at the time I sideswiped the telephone poll and the paint was all peeling and stuff... and it was raining hard... I shoulda said something tho.

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Ecstsatic, I don't think it's so much the kids I think it's people with kids pushing the door open with there feet while they try to get the little bastards into the friggin car seat.

I guess kids are trouble all the way around. I'm glad I only have step-children that are grown because I would never survive raising a child. Of course then there is no one to carry on the empire....

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Quote Originally Posted by codewize
    Ecstsatic, I don't think it's so much the kids I think it's people with kids pushing the door open with there feet while they try to get the little bastards into the friggin car seat.

I guess kids are trouble all the way around. I'm glad I only have step-children that are grown because I would never survive raising a child. Of course then there is no one to carry on the empire....
    I'm in the same situation. We have about a dozen God-children, but none of our own. We're DINKs. We used to be SINKs but my wife went back to work.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Well as long as we are on the topic of horseshit park jobs, I have a bit of a funny story...

My buddies and I are at the local best buy getting a CD or something, and on our way out, we see this really beat up late '80s Lesabre driven by some wiggers, with rap music just BLARING out of the car, "f this and f that blah blah blah" and there are kids in this parking lot and stuff. So she jams this car into a spot in the front, takes up like 3 spaces and all of them shuffle off into the store, so I go into my car, take a notepad and write "nice park job" and I draw a smiley face on it, then slapped it under her windsheild wiper so she sees it when she gets back into the car then walk back into my car and drove off.

That was pretty funny I thought.

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Woo Hoo. The paintless dent guy I called just so happens to go to the dealer where I purchsed the car every Wed. I guess they charge by the panel and not the dent.

I think it was just under $100 per panel. Does that sound right to anyone?

Thanks

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

That sounds great to me! nobody where I live cares about dents, so no paintless dent removal people. and I have a couple from parking lots.

And whenever I catch somebody in the act, 5 foot long doors that seem to run around 500 lbs each are always a nice thing to have on hand, you know, to even things out...

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Just park sideways across 8 handicap spaces like I do, no one else can park there so I CAN'T get dinged. Getting keyed is another matter.

(JK I don't actually park like that,)

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by codewize
    it's people with kids pushing the door open with there feet while they try to get the little bastards into the friggin car seat.
    I see it at least once a week. Some kid pops the latch on the back door and uses their foot to shove the door open without even looking. CLUNK!

That's one good thing about minivans. Power-sliding doors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.