Turf war on my street!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Turf war on my street! in General Discussion; Yesterday afternoon at about 4:30, I was quietly working here at my desk and I heard some profanities shouted outside ...
    Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Turf war on my street!

Yesterday afternoon at about 4:30, I was quietly working here at my desk and I heard some profanities shouted outside my window.

I pulled back the blinds and there were about 7 young males outside on the sidewalks, three were on the other side with weed-eaters, and four were on my side with sticks and baseball bats. My guess is that they were all about 17.

The guys with the weed-eaters come through here once a week and cut about five yards on this street. They move fast and they've never caused any trouble. I had never seen the guys with the baseball bats before.

Then cars started pulling over and the balance began to shift heavily in favor of the guys with bats. Somebody got out of their car and said he had a gun. He said something like "N****, you gonna bring a weed-eater to a gun fight?" He never pulled anything out of his pocket, so I don't know if he really had one. The balance became 7-3 in favor of baseball bats.

The weed-eater is more of a defensive weapon, I think. You can't really chase someone down with one, but it can do a lot of damage to someone trying to attack.

The handgun would be my weapon of choice in these matters.

All 10 of the young men met in the middle of the street, with the powerful 2-stroke engine revving, bats and sticks swinging. Traffic stopped in both directions, probably 25 cars total.

Funny thing, nobody made contact. The people who said they had guns jumped in their cars and sped away.

I called 911. TEN police cars arrived within two minutes. Unbelievable.

45 minutes later, all the participants were cuffed and taken to jail for disorderly conduct. The cops came in and I told them what I saw. They said it was an ongoing feud, and this was a planned confrontation by the guys with bats. One of the weed-eater guys was involved, but the other two weren't.

Exciting day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: Turf war on my street!

Sounds like a perfect situation for the 40mm grenade launcher and/or an M249.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis
    Yesterday afternoon at about 4:30, I was quietly working here at my desk and I heard some profanities shouted outside my window.

I pulled back the blinds and there were about 7 young males outside on the sidewalks, three were on the other side with weed-eaters, and four were on my side with sticks and baseball bats. My guess is that they were all about 17.

The guys with the weed-eaters come through here once a week and cut about five yards on this street. They move fast and they've never caused any trouble. I had never seen the guys with the baseball bats before.

Then cars started pulling over and the balance began to shift heavily in favor of the guys with bats. Somebody got out of their car and said he had a gun. He said something like "N****, you gonna bring a weed-eater to a gun fight?" He never pulled anything out of his pocket, so I don't know if he really had one. The balance became 7-3 in favor of baseball bats.

The weed-eater is more of a defensive weapon, I think. You can't really chase someone down with one, but it can do a lot of damage to someone trying to attack.

The handgun would be my weapon of choice in these matters.

All 10 of the young men met in the middle of the street, with the powerful 2-stroke engine revving, bats and sticks swinging. Traffic stopped in both directions, probably 25 cars total.

Funny thing, nobody made contact. The people who said they had guns jumped in their cars and sped away.

I called 911. TEN police cars arrived within two minutes. Unbelievable.

45 minutes later, all the participants were cuffed and taken to jail for disorderly conduct. The cops came in and I told them what I saw. They said it was an ongoing feud, and this was a planned confrontation by the guys with bats. One of the weed-eater guys was involved, but the other two weren't.

Exciting day.
    yeah right

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

prolly they were land scapeing companys .....they used to make quite alot of busness in your hood ....then you killed all the armadillos ....flowerbeds never got hurt and busness got tight .....these things happen .....id start shooting them if i were you and thin those pests out too ...

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

LOL, a turf war between people who maintain turf. I'm surprised the getaway car wasn't a riding mower.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    LOL, a turf war between people who maintain turf. I'm surprised the getaway car wasn't a riding mower.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Reminds me of Sopranos when Paulie yanked the guy out of the tree and then stole his lawn mower!

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Gee, the most exciting thing we ever get around here is a case of a "DRIVE-BY SCOLDING!" - usually administered by the blue-rinse crowd that occupy most of the houses on this street.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

****in' high schoolers!

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

I have my own Mrs. Kravitz in my neighborhood who knows everybody's business. She called me at work the other day to tell me she saw some neighborhood kids going into my backyard. I knew from experience that they were probably just going to get their ball that went over the fence; when I'm home, they usually ring the doorbell and ask if it's OK to fetch their ball. My gas grill was still on the patio when I got home. Still, it's nice to know somebody's keeping an eye out for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    The mowers ran through here about 10 minutes before the weed eater crew. It was all pretty funny once it was over. Nobody got hurt, just a lot of tough talk and weed-eater revving. These kids will be picking up trash and washing police cars over the next few weekends.

LittleB is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

I have seen confrontations like that so many times....so much talking but no one ever does anything and then they all speed off. It's retarted.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

In my old apt. complex I moved from last year, in the time that I lived there (several years) we had numerous drug related problems. Residents getting roughed up and/or killed for not paying someone. There were 5 murders and 4 of those were over drugs or cash owed. Cops were called several times a month due to gun shots being reported. Unfortunately that's where I learned what dead decomposing humans smell like....

Spock is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

They should have spontaneously broken out into dance when the cops came, then claimed they were just practising for the West Side Story at their high school play. I want to see Jazz hands people! Jazz Hands!

I was thinking the same thing. It looked like a violent dance, except for the guy who said he had a gun but never produced one.

One of the apartment complexes down the street has gone 95% Mexican in the past year. We could actually see some racially motivated turf wars before too long.

Weed eaters vs. pneumatic nail guns. Both short-range weapons. It could be interesting.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.