Bad Traffic...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Bad Traffic... in General Discussion; Ok I need to get this off my chest so...rant ON ! IF you DO NOT live in any part ...
    SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

Exclamation Bad Traffic...

Ok I need to get this off my chest so...rant ON !

IF you DO NOT live in any part of California, Arizona, Texas (Houston and the Big D), or Florida; you have NO right to complain about bad traffic! You want bad traffic, come here and I'll show you BAD TRAFFIC! It took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to work today, I live about 30 miles from my job! I don't mind driving in traffic but that gives you no right to complain about bad traffic if you live in any area that I didn't mention. I don't consider NYC to have bad traffic because less than 30% of the people living there actually drive!

Ok...rant off I'm nice again

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LittleB is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Re: Bad Traffic...

I feel you. No traffic=13 minutes to work; traffic=45 minutes to work; bad traffic= 1 hour. It SUCKS

edit: Oh, and by the way...there is ALWAYS traffic.

Eric Kahn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham, 1988 Fleetwood Brougham

You really need to drive the dan ryan in Chicago, rush hour starts at 3 am and ends at 2 am, in that lone hour, traffic is just very heavy instead of parkinglot slow

jabrutal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '03 CTS 3.2

I95 north and south to and from DC. Frequent bumper to bumper...in the HOV lane. =/

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

You haven't experienced traffic until you've been in Chicago traffic. Where I live it gets really bad because pretty much everyone coming home from work in Chicago goes over the bridge through my town. Last week I sat in 50 minutes of traffic in a 2.5 mile stretch.

Then add snow in the winter, even more fun.

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

Try I-285 in Atlanta.... It's like entering a space time continuum when you get on an on ramp... the human race actualy evolves beyond you in the amount of time you sit on that fricken road.

Miami, it's a lil different there.... 90% of the people on the roadways there learned how to drive in some other third world country... so a red light to them means 3 more cars can traverse through an intersection.... after 5 cars its like rolling bones... you may or may not make it. Traffic patterns were designed by witch doctors from Hati.... There is never ending road construction on the Palmeto highway... and then there is the famouse "Glades Interchange"... you have a fifty-fifty of making it through that ****er un-scathed. It is the only Freeway interchange I have ever seen that has a traffic light in the middle of it.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

there is bad traffic along every coast of the united states.... Boston ain't no picnic.

It took me 40 minutes to go 9 miles last night.... huge backup getting on i-93 from i-95.

so you stand corrected.... or maybe add Boston to your list....

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

There are statistics for the "worst" places for traffic.
    I just left one of them, the San Francisco area, I bumped down the list one to the DC area.
    I think LA is the worst, and I have seen bad LA traffic and bad SF traffic.
    Really bad. I can't even describe how bad.
    That is why I live 4 miles from where I work.
    A tank of gas will last me for well over 2 weeks, a lot more if I ride my motorcycle to work.
    I feel your pain but I would agree, if you have never been to San Francisco or LA you think you know what bad is.... but you don't.

I didn't think NYC was that bad. I have never driven in Chicago.

SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

I've driven in San Fran before and I didn't think there was bad traffic at all. Of course this was a few years ago. I know it has grown considerably and has much worse traffic congestion nowadays.

I'll admit Boston, Chicago and D.C. definetly have bad traffic congestion but I've never been to Atlanta. Here's my list of the worst traffic areas in the US.

1) L.A.
    2) Houston
    3) Phoenix
    4) San Fran
    5) Chicago
    6) Dallas
    7) D.C.
    8) Miami
    9) Boston
    10) Denver

PAW 47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Its getting bad every where.. I live 10 miles away from work. Since they started working on the expressway. I now have a 15 mile trip it takes me 30-40 mins to get to work. Now that school is out it takes me 15-20 mins.. Now, I go though 5 school zones to get to work. Oh and if you get suck behind a school bus for get it..

But once they get the expressway fixed there adding a 3rd lane and giving us new speed pass lanes. I will be able to cut out 3 school zones and miss the school buses from hell! I will make it to work in 15 mins again. I will be happy!

STS-in-Nottingham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS (Z rated, Right hand drive)

You Americans don't know what a traffic jam is untill you've been to the UK!!!

UNCLLUIE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC

NYC not bad?

Live in Queens, work in Manhattan. 6 miles exactly. Takes anywhere from 20 minutes (rare) to 4 hours (snow). Usually don't get too angry until about an hour and a half.

the killer is being behind the wheel of such a great car and rarely being able to let it run.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

As with many "tourist types" I am sure the perception of traffic is based on when you are there and when you are driving.
    I can see how Manhattan would be a total nightmare if you had to go somewhere.

San Francisco is the same way, it depends on when you go. Most of the time during the day it's not too bad but when rush hour hits, it's terrible.
    The real problem there is that you have to use I-80 to go anywhere because everything is inside a big basin.
    The roads are routed terribly. You have 5 bridges and one road, it sucks.
    As a mild example, my wife and I worked in opposite directions. We lived on the hill in the East bay above Richmond. My commute was 18 miles and it took me 25 minutes each way because in the morning I drove away from the city and then towards it in the evening... a "reverse commute".
    My wife had to go with traffic each way since she went to Cal Berkeley.
    She had 8 miles to go and it usually took her 40 minutes.
    Also she had nowhere to park when she got there. I think it was like $250 a semester for a parking spot in one of the garages.

Anyway, I would never really say that I have seen the worst traffic ever because I am sure I haven't.
    I hope I never do and I feel for those that get stuck in it.
    Happy driving everyone.

Rey Rey 650 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Traffic in the Bay( SF Area) sucks balls.... But LA, by far, has the worst ****in traffic!!!!

Rey Rey 650 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by STS-in-Nottingham
    You Americans don't know what a traffic jam is untill you've been to the UK!!!
    lol....this guy..."you americans"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.