Got pulled over doing 65mph...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Got pulled over doing 65mph... in General Discussion; On an interstate highway The cop said I was doing 84mph "back there", and issued me a 236 dollar speeding ...
    weister42 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville Sedan

Got pulled over doing 65mph...

On an interstate highway The cop said I was doing 84mph "back there", and issued me a 236 dollar speeding ticket. I was paying attention to the road but not my speed, I was moving about the same speed as the rest of the traffic and all the sudden everyone slowed down to under the 65mph speed limit. At the same time I saw a red Crown Vic in the fast lane, and the red and blue lights came on within a few seconds.

I didn't see the cop on the road (again I was paying attention to the road and other cars) so he was either on an on-ramp or on the other side of the highway...I mean this is my first ticket of any kind in like 3 years I called the court and asked if they can provide proof that I was doing 84mph, but after 3 different calls no one can tell me jack, so I want to fight this ticket...

No proof no case, right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: Got pulled over doing 65mph...

Proof comes in the form of the word of an officer against the word of a mere citizen. Good luck with it...

MacKiNBacK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

Well most officers will allow you to see the radar gun while being pulled over. My officer friend said that they do not have to show you though. But I don't think you'll find out after the fact. That sure is a hefty fine though. I got clocked 82 in a 65 and my fine was $90. Would have went to court but it was a 45min drive and would have been during rush hour.

MacK

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Hmmm...I just got pulled over a little while ago on the way back from my friends house for actually doing 65. Granted the speed limit was 55, but it was just me, and an 18 wheeler who was doing about 62. Cop pulls me over, and I hand him my license. He says, "where you comin' from?" I told him my friends house. He looks at my license and says, "Sufferen ay, you only got a few miles, try to slow down a bit..." I said, "Have a good night" and was on my way. Wierd....I mean, I knew he probably wasn't gonna give me a ticket, but I just couldn't figure out why he pulled me over. I even had my cruise control set, so I was maintaining a constant speed to. Who knows, that's the second time I've been pulle dover in a week. The cops around here are real eager to pull people over, but never seem to really care enough once they do, to actually write a ticket. It's kind of annoying actually. As long as I don't get a ticket, I can deal with it.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Looking for DUI's...without a doubt!

itsabughunt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacKiNBacK
    Well most officers will allow you to see the radar gun...
    I've heard this but I have to wonder why you would bother asking. So what if it reads 85 mph, that could have been taken from anybody's car. They could just zap someone driving at whatever speed and just save that number on their machine and then pull you over and say it was you driving that fast. Hell, I know it sounds paranoid but for all I know they can just type in a number of their choosing.

Its like Spyder said: its your word against theirs.

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I just beat two tickets.

1st was rolling stop through a stop sign (bogus, the sign was in the trees) so i went to court, cop didn't show, I got off.

2nd was doing 15 over the limit. Also bogus, no way I coulda been over 10.
    I took day off work, drove 130 miles to fight it.
    Cop showed up with props/diagrams/cerificates/etc/
    Here's how it went:
    COP: bla bla bla, I paced him doing 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.
    ME: show me calibration certificate for your speedo
    he hands me a certificate, showing the speedo was calibrated months AFTER he ticketed me
    ME: Officer, you ticketed me based on an uncalibrated speedometer?
    COP: At the time it was not...but it was a new car...
    ME: I rest my case
    JUDGE: I think you were speeding, but it was 1AM and you were probably not endagering anyone. This ticket is unenforceable because the officer has not PROOF. You're free to go.

Long/short I'd fight it.
    Cop may not show and you win automatically.
    Cop may have no proof.
    Worst case if it all goes against you, most judges will at least reduce the fine or give you optino to goto traffick school to remove from record.

AlBundy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe

Most of us have been pulled over because the radar gun seems to give us a score of at least 15 to 20mph greater than we have been traveling. How accurate is the radar gun. I would love to plan a buddy to do 10mph above the speed limit and hide out and radar him the same time as the officer and see how accurate they are or find out the cops are on bullshit. Here in the Chi police officer are required to write a certain amount of tickets in a month. What type of BS is that.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Got stopped at a DWI checkpoint tonight on Rt17 in Allendale, on my way back home form my friend's house again. Sure glad I decided not to have those few beers I was gonna drink at The Bitter End in NYC (my friends and I went in to see one of the bands my Dad plays in, it was sweet). Lately I seem to be a police magnet for some reason. Granted they were pulling over every other car, but still, I mean come on. Three seperate run ins with the police in a week, who's luck is that bad. Well, like the saying goes, "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"....

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Always fight the ticket. 2 out of the last 3 times I've been pulled over, the cop didn't show at trial. The other time it didn't get to trial. The cop never sent in the info, so the magistrate(who sees all traffic cases and bargains so as not to have to go to court) dismisses it.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.