Parking Lot Racing - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Parking Lot Racing in General Discussion; Originally Posted by DopeStar 156 I wonder what cheap HP boosting mods I can do to it to get it ...
    Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Re: Parking Lot Racing

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156
    I wonder what cheap HP boosting mods I can do to it to get it to do some flying? I'm not riceing it out at all, but it could stand to be a little faster.....

Theres a good amount....

its part of the 60* Chevy V6 family that came out in 1980... the old 2.8, 3.1, then the 3100 and 3400. Neat little engines, never really high on HP, torquey tho.

You could convert your 3100 to a 3400... tho thats probably more work then you'd want...

basically, sticking around at the Grand Am forums for years got me to learn a good deal about these engines. check out gaownersclub.com and go to the engine section to read up about it.

Only real issue with them is the lower intake manifold gasket.... other then that, they are pretty solid.

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

Spray and a dyno tune for you!

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV
    Got Martha and the Vandellas on the brain, Chad?

Craig

Well sorta, that was Dancing in the Streets. "Racing In The Streets" was a song off Bruce Springsteen's 1978 "Darkness on the Edge of Town" album. It's a good song, rather depressing tho.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

I wonder what cheap HP boosting mods I can do to it to get it to do some flying? I'm not riceing it out at all, but it could stand to be a little faster.....

Stickers, lots of them

Personally, I'd leave it alone. It's a family sedan meant to get you from point A to point B. It's kinda like modding out my brother's 96 Nissan Sentra.

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Quote Originally Posted by gary88
    Stickers, lots of them
    LOL! Well, I went this far, but it's not gonna get any worse than this.

I was thinking of some cosmetic things to dress the car up a little since it is kinda........blah, but it has potential. It had a strong Chevy powerplant and it needs to reflect that. I was thinking of adding the following....

- "V6" emblems off a Grand Am to put inside those red Chevy bowties.
    - A set of same gen Monte Carlo 5 spokes with the red Chevy emblem centercap.
    - A factory spoiler for the Malibu.
    - A chrome grille.
    - Xenon headlights and foglights.

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792
    Personally, I'd leave it alone. It's a family sedan meant to get you from point A to point B. It's kinda like modding out my brother's 96 Nissan Sentra.
    gosh and who in their right mind would ever want to mod an old mans car

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    gosh and who in their right mind would ever want to mod an old mans car
    That's not what I meant. The Malibu is meant to get him from point A to point B so his Brougham won't get dirty, get scratched or get a lot of miles on it. I think he should leave his Malibu as is so he can spend the money and modify his Brougham.

It's like your Eighty Eight. You don't mod the motor in that car because it's just to get you from point A to point B. Restoring it or doing maintenance on the car is one thing. Doing aftermarket stuff is another.

For example, lets say I get a '92 Accord as a winter beater/ knock around car so my '92 deVille doesn't have to rack up all the miles and get all rusty due to the salt. I'm not gonna throw a bunch of aftermarket engine stuff on that Accord because I don't wanna have a fast car, just something economical, reliable and durable to get me from point A to point B. I'd save the money that I would spend on "modding" that '92 Accord and spend it on the Cadillac.

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Sure the Malibu is a get around car, but who doesn't wanna get around and make an appearance? I always have to be the center of attention.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

My daily driver is modded more than my CTS...

There's nothing wrong with making your car perform as well as it can. Especially when it's the car you're in more often than not. A few simple changes can turn your commute into a drive.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

acutally if i get a second car i fully intend to put a 10 foot spoiler on the back , run steel wheels with white letter tires , 2 eaxust tips on either side and one in the middle , and about 15 fog lights ...and neon lights all over it ....

oh and them lighted valve caps for the tires ....and paint the car day glo orange

i hate little cars , every time i had a crash in one the other driver is all "i didnt see you" ....ill be damned if thats happening again

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    acutally if i get a second car i fully intend to put a 10 foot spoiler on the back , run steel wheels with white letter tires , 2 eaxust tips on either side and one in the middle , and about 15 fog lights ...and neon lights all over it ....

oh and them lighted valve caps for the tires ....and paint the car day glo orange

i hate little cars , every time i had a crash in one the other driver is all "i didnt see you" ....ill be damned if thats happening again
    "I didn't see you"

That didn't stop a lady from crashing into a 20 foot yellow boat with enough running lights to look like a Christmas tree at night....

grrrr to her.....

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

next time take off your pants and see if she notices ....shell be all "what are you doing?"

then you can say that your peker has caused the blind to see ....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.