Our World In Trouble!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Our World In Trouble! in General Discussion; well im in class right now (grade 7) it is unbelieveable the depths to which our children are under achieving...these ...
    firstimecaddi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville; 95 FWB

Our World In Trouble!

well im in class right now (grade 7) it is unbelieveable the depths to which our children are under achieving...these kids got no attention span....the simplest concept completely baffle them and to top it all of the are soooo **** rude...their attitude stink, are impossibly hard to work with and dare you try to correct them...the straw that broke the camel's back this dumb 12 year old bitch tells me to shut up...this is after she asked ME a question and I like a fool was up ther trying to explain...could you believe the nerve of this m****....I gave her marching orders....thankfully only two week left...these are the future leaders....we better watch out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Our World In Trouble!

hehe it seems that after the class of '05 or so, things really started going downhill.

I'm class of '05 by the way.

SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

well im in class right now (grade 7) it is unbelieveable the depths to which our children are under achieving...these kids got no attention span....the simplest concept completely baffle them and to top it all of the are soooo **** rude...their attitude stink, are impossibly hard to work with and dare you try to correct them...the straw that broke the camel's back this dumb 12 year old bitch tells me to shut up...this is after she asked ME a question and I like a fool was up ther trying to explain...could you believe the nerve of this m****....I gave her marching orders....thankfully only two week left...these are the future leaders....we better watch out!
    And you know who is to blame....the parents! When I was in school, you got your priorities straight. No TV, no radio etc until homework is done. I also think parents don't punish their kids anymore for doing something wrong! I literally got smacked when I did something that I knew not to do. Our world is going to hell in a handbasket and all of us that are level-headed are getting older. I also think the "role-models" today are going to pot. Girls are looking up to Paris Hilton as an idol and boys are seeing all these sports' figures using steroids! What are they supposed to think?

It will be a sorry world when people like us retire, the world will be in utter chaos (even more-so than it is today).

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Yeah, its ridiculous. I have a sister in 6th grade, and sometimes I pick her up from school, seems like every person in that school (grade 6-8) is a material whore! To them if you're not covered from head to toe in designer clothes, or have a Motorola RAZR, then you're nobody. Luckily my parents refuse to give her a cell phone, despite her never ending whining about "how everybody else has one." She'll never get one because she went to Florida with her friend a few weeks ago, and my mom let her take her phone to keep in touch. In ONE SINGLE WEEK she somehow worked up $471.81 in text messages, mobile internet, and phone calls. Crazy I tell 'ya.

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

MY God beat the shit out of them...parenst dont hit their kdis anymore.....

I remember when i sued to FEAR my dad if my mom was to tell him something.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by gary88
    In ONE SINGLE WEEK she somehow worked up $471.81 in text messages, mobile internet, and phone calls.
    How the hell is that even possible?!

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo47
    MY God beat the shit out of them...parenst dont hit their kdis anymore.....

I remember when i sued to FEAR my dad if my mom was to tell him something.
    yeah hell yeah, when i would get in trouble my dad would kick my ass. i was in trouble all the time though. when i moved back from cali i was always getting into something and when my dad would find out... he'd hand me my ass. i got whipped until my dads arms got tired and he couldnt swing no more. my dad got it worse than i did though. shit my grandpa used to crack 2x4's over my dads back.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Friday I presented an award at a junior-high graduation. Did it last year too.

All I saw was nice, good kids, but yeah, a lot of them were material whores too.

You know it's bad when a 13-year-old kid has a cooler phone than you do.

MacKiNBacK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by 93fleetwoodlowlow
    yeah hell yeah, when i would get in trouble my dad would kick my ass. i was in trouble all the time though. when i moved back from cali i was always getting into something and when my dad would find out... he'd hand me my ass. i got whipped until my dads arms got tired and he couldnt swing no more. my dad got it worse than i did though. shit my grandpa used to crack 2x4's over my dads back.
    Cant do things like that these days. Social services will take them away! LOL.. I think kids need more beatings myself. When I have kids of my own ill make sure of that

MacK

JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

I don't necessarily think that corporal punishment is the (only) answer - a lot has to do with how the child is taught right from wrong, manners, and general social skills when they're infants and toddlers. Smacking a kid with a 2x4 everytime s/he steps over the line has more negative ramifications than positive ones, trust me. Kids need to be shown and taught at an EARLY age how to be decent human beings - which takes decent human beings to do the teaching and showing in the first place. Granted, it seems that many kids these days have behavioral problems, and much, if not all of it can be traced back to the parents.

For example, your typical 2- or 3-year old has no business behing traipsed around a mall for three hours in Mommy or Daddy's clutches. They have no interest in anything there, but rather than pay for a sitter for a couple of hours, Mom slaps the kid into the car seat, takes the kid shopping for tablecloths or weed-eaters, and the kid gets restless, bored and cranky. Then they start rebelling, and Mom either smacks the kid around until they stop, or ignores the caterwauling and carries on as if nothing is happening. That's not the child's fault, it's the parent's.

Lack of respect for oneself and others comes from nurturing. I'm not sure I'd give a blanket denunciation to 'modern society' just yet, as the same complaints were voiced by our parents about us, our grandparents about them, and so on. Each generation seems to find something to complain about about the next one.

A hundred years ago, all the kids were hanging around the billiard parlor, with a dime novel in their back pocket, talking about horse race gamblin', not the wholesome trottin' kind, but a race where they set right down on the horse, like to see some stuck-up jockey-boy settin' on Dan Patch!

and that's trouble, I tell ya, trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for Pool....

The Music Man aside, sociologists have come up with several dozen theories as to "Why Today's Kids are Such Devils" - everything from Working Moms to No Prayer In School to Too Much Sugar in Their Diet. Perhaps there's a bit to each of them, but there ARE good kids around, good kids with Working Moms, good kids who don't recite the 10 Commandments in School, good kids who eat a bowl of sugar every morning, too. So while the above reasons may have some small part to play, I hardly think they're the overarching reasons that many have put forth.

Perhaps a lot of it is simply the greater interpersonal time we all spend with each other these days. We're out in 'public' a lot, and we see "other people" much more commonly, much more frequently, and in greater numbers than before. Just think back to the 50s and 60s, if you can - most urban and suburban areas were not surrounded by public places like malls, strip shopping centers, and such. When you got home from school, you goofed around in your own back yard, or went to a friends' house and goofed around there. You didn't get a pack of 20 or 25 friends and all head down to the local Emporia like we do today. So we SEE each other a lot more than we used to. Just like Leave It To Beaver, there are some Eddie Haskells in the world, and some Beaver Cleavers. I don't think the overall mix has changed all that much in the last 20 or 30 years.

itsabughunt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimHare
    Perhaps a lot of it is simply the greater interpersonal time we all spend with each other these days. We're out in 'public' a lot, and we see "other people" much more commonly, much more frequently, and in greater numbers than before. Just think back to the 50s and 60s, if you can - most urban and suburban areas were not surrounded by public places like malls, strip shopping centers, and such. When you got home from school, you goofed around in your own back yard, or went to a friends' house and goofed around there. You didn't get a pack of 20 or 25 friends and all head down to the local Emporia like we do today. So we SEE each other a lot more than we used to. Just like Leave It To Beaver, there are some Eddie Haskells in the world, and some Beaver Cleavers. I don't think the overall mix has changed all that much in the last 20 or 30 years.
    I think this is an important point here. No matter how disciplined you try to keep your kids it will be largely ruined by their experiences of what its like in most other households. Those who want to be very strict will not be able to shield their children from the complete lack of discipline elsewhere. And the kids will just resent you for being harsher than 99% of other parents out there. I think its possible to pull off the strict and disciplined household but only if you home-school your kids, severely restrict their access to various forms of media and be extremely careful about what friends they are allowed to have. Public schools, MTV and the neighbors will corrupt your efforts I'm afraid. And if you do run the military-style household I think your kids will become very unusual (though well behaved) adults. Maybe its not a bad idea, but I dont think its a simple plan to implement.

black93sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 STS

I also think you guys overstate the problem. Sure, there are problem kids, but you act like the 60s were the golden years or something?! Kids did the same things back then too, rebelled and such - we just call thoses people hippies.

Times are different too. You guys could go out and play without a care in the world. I grew in a time of child molesters and terrorists and the world is a much more connected place now.

So, I don't think its any worse, maybe different, but I'm sure your parents thought you old people were bad too when you listen to that "devil music" rock and roll, etc. Times change - what used to be taboo is now the norm. It's just part of living in a modern society.

SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

Times are different too. You guys could go out and play without a care in the world. I grew in a time of child molesters and terrorists and the world is a much more connected place now.

So, I don't think its any worse, maybe different, but I'm sure your parents thought you old people were bad too when you listen to that "devil music" rock and roll, etc. Times change - what used to be taboo is now the norm. It's just part of living in a modern society.
    True. Parents will always think that their kids are the worst of the bunch and that our world is going to pot. My parents thought I was a holy terror, but I heard stories from my grandparents about what my parents did when they were growing up (60's) and it makes my pitfalls look like nothing! My father caught me smoking a cigarette and made me smoke a whole carton until I was sick, my grandfather caught my father smoking a joint and made him wash his mouth with soap until he threw up; like father like son.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

I think the problem today is how dual-income families treat their kids.

Not that there's anything wrong with both Mom and Dad working, it's the fact that so many of them feel guilty about it so the kids get spoiled and left on their own so much.

Video games have dramatically changed the way kids' thought processes work. They require--no, DEMAND--constant mental stimulation to hold their attention. It's a lot more difficult for them to focus in a classroom, and that makes the teacher's job that much more difficult.

The attitude problem is just a lack of common courtesy--plus the fact that they're all showing out in front of each other. Being rude to an adult is cool now, and there are damn few consequences anymore.

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis
    I think the problem today is how dual-income families treat their kids.

Not that there's anything wrong with both Mom and Dad working, it's the fact that so many of them feel guilty about it so the kids get spoiled and left on their own so much.

Video games have dramatically changed the way kids' thought processes work. They require--no, DEMAND--constant mental stimulation to hold their attention. It's a lot more difficult for them to focus in a classroom, and that makes the teacher's job that much more difficult.

The attitude problem is just a lack of common courtesy--plus the fact that they're all showing out in front of each other. Being rude to an adult is cool now, and there are damn few consequences anymore.
    Wow! That's hitting the nail on the head!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.