Need help on car buying.... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Need help on car buying.... in General Discussion; I see your a Mazda owner, why not look at the new Mazda 3. They run about 15-17. I have ...
    PAW 47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Need help on car buying....

I see your a Mazda owner, why not look at the new Mazda 3. They run about 15-17. I have a friend that got one well loaded for around that price.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Ford Focus. Tons of inteior room, great ride, well made, tight & no rattles. Go demo one. The car will sell you.

kali_cts03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)

so now I got this list:

1. chevy cobalt
    2. honda fit (a friend from work is looking at one of these, she had brochures on it - was kind of funny since I never heard of this car before I posted and here she has all the info for me as well )
    3. chevy aveo (might be too small)

I will also look at the mazda3, ford focus and hyundai sonata....

I will do my reaserch by the weekend and then it's off to the dearerships to test drive the suckers!!! Hopefully I can make some kind of judgment call on them by then and give my 2cents.

The person that will be driving this thing is about 6'2", also this car will be rollin down in Chicago (is that make any of these bad choices?)

ChicagoCTS32 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 1SC Diamond White CTS

Hyundai Sonata is a nice car, but a little north of the $15,000 goal. They have a smaller car that is nice as well. The 100,000 mile warranty is pretty solid.

ok, just added another to the list

hyundai accent.... anyone has any opinions on this one???
    I know they do make good cars from what I have read and heard and this one got pretty high marks from consumers on edmunds.com.....

anyone?

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

If he's restricting himself to under $15,000, the money would be better spent on a slightly used car in my opinion. $15k opens him to some very nice options buying used (many still within their first year of production).

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    If he's restricting himself to under $15,000, the money would be better spent on a slightly used car in my opinion. $15k opens him to some very nice options buying used (many still within their first year of production).
    Agreed, especially if it is going to be a high-mileage commuter car that you plan to drive until the wheels fall off. You're going to quickly exhaust the new-vehicle warranty, so a nice 1-2 year old car that still has some warranty left (to catch problems) will get you something that has already taken the biggest depreciation hit. You can also get a more comfortable, better optioned car. As for financing, my credit union offers up to 72 months on 05 -07 models, new or used, for 5.49%.

That said, I get GMS discount and I like to have a new car every couple years, even if it costs me more money. Cars are my only vice.

Ok, a little update on this one for anyone interested....

I have done some work on these, and with everybody that contributed as well.... went and finally saw some of these....

This is what I have so far: obviously the person buying the car will have the finaly word but here goes it in order of to get car:

1. Hyundai Accent (pretty nice, roomy which I was surprised, good room in the back seats, nice big trunk, a/c, cd, auto trany, great warranty, great mpg's) about $15,000 to $16,000 new and when I talked with the seles guy seems it could go for about $12,000 to 13,000.....

2. Saturn Ion2 (okay looking, roomy, nice set-up, nicely loaded as well and have heard very good things about them from owners at my work - there is like 7 of them, okay warranty, good mpg's) about $15,000 to $16,500, but could only drop this one down maybe to $14,500 or so....

3. Chevy Cobalt (nice ride, roomy inside, bunch of extras - ok warranty, not much else I know about it, ok mpg's) they had them listed around $15,000 to $17,000 and said they could get one for me at about $13,000

4. Mazda3 [this would be my pick] (not bad on room, very nice looking, pretty nicely loaded, got some power behind it as well, ok warranty, I have a Mazda MX-3 and couldn't been more happy with how long the car has lasted with me, ok mpg's) they go for around $15,500 to $16,500 and seems they would not want to drop any on price

5. Chevy Aveo (not bad on room and all but I think a little too small for an adult at over 6 feet) they were listed at about $13,000 to $14,000 which would make me think would go for about maybe $12,000 or so, not very good rebates on these

6. Ford Focus (way too small, I wasn't even comfortable in it and I'm just a little over 6 feet, other wise not a bad set-up inside) they were showing them at about $16,000 and the seles dude said they would let it go at about $14,000

Thanks for everyones help on this, I appriciate it!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.