Hr
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Hr in General Discussion; Im used to a more .....Simple life .... Years ago when a man wanted a job he would fill out ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Hr

Im used to a more .....Simple life ....

Years ago when a man wanted a job he would fill out an application and hand it to a manager. I remeber haveing to walk out into the shop and find "the guy under the hood of the jag". Shake a greasy hand , and most of the time leave with the job. Sometimes id hand over a resume. But back then you knew where you stood as you got in the car to go home.

2 weeks ago i started this latest round , while working away at Cadillac. Sent a resume down to a firetruck place , i get a call from a lady , from what is called "HR" or "Human Recources". She had the resume , and said she would be in contact with the manager and get back to me on an appointment to interview. She didnt call back like she said she would. So i called, no awnser. By that point I had quit cadillac and was acutlly in the process of rejoining cadillac. I decided i would drive down and personally meet the manager and the lady from HR. She went on vacation according to the gaurd that wouldnt allow me into the facility. A few days later i called once again , she appologized she had forgotten about me while on vacation , and the job has been filled. Next day i was fired by cadillac.

To date , 19 Resumes with applications have been handed and sent out. All ending up in "HR". Apprently this HR thing is everywhere now , and to get into a company one needs to find a way to smooth over the HR lady so she is modivated to stop watching soap operas and planning vacations and maybe do her job for once.

Seems it gets harder each time to get a job , let alone to speak with a manager ...

My new term for "HR" ? Halting Resumes

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JonathanH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Hr

maybe. my ex girlfriend is from tampa.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Hmm.. I hear ya.. This is why, if you can, you need to start your own business.. It doesn't have to make you rich - it just needs to keep you alive... Owning your own business isn't easy - but neither is depending on other people for your paycheck...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

damn right about that ...and i really havent looked into a business loan or anything ...tho doing buniess on the internet would save money on overhead ....

I have been kicking arund this crazy idea to own a coffie/donut/soda fountain type thing with an al capone theme....Maybe i should do some reasearch and see what it would take it get the thing rolling

Geno Castellano's Coffee Shop
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

you mean it exisits ?

it all come come my grandmother , her father operated a soda fountain that al capone used somehow

No, it doesn't exist.. You can use the name. It's a good idea, anyway.. You should try it.. If it fails, then at least you gave it your best shot...

yup ....flex some creative muscle ....you brought up a good point tho , it never had a name

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

What happened to the Chevy thing?

gave in and let them call cadillac ...things ended really quick after that ...clear tot he second interview , even alittle training ...then boom ...

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

we're gonna need you to maintain some type of log, so that we can all keep up with this. last i heard you were selling Chevys...maybe Fords

the stoney employment blog ....coming soon ...

witht he ammount of resumes and interviews i do per week and as close as i come this stuff goes quick ....

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I also hate HR departments. Apparently, these days, the best way into a large organization is through a temp-to-hire agency. I've certainly done that a couple times. I also use thicker paper for my resumes, so they stick out when someone in HR flips through them.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

It's not what you know, it's who you know. At my summer job, which started in 2004, I didn't fill out the HR paper work until a month in...I flew in under their radar...it's the easiest way in....
    ~Steve

Eric Kahn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham, 1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Human resources is where big companies put managers when they can not do other jobs, as such, these people value paper qualifications over real world experience and it seems that once a company has an HR dept, they start the slow spiral towards bankruptcy on that day since dept managers no longer have the decision on who to hire after interveiws

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.