Hr - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Hr in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Jesda I also hate HR departments. Apparently, these days, the best way into a large organization is ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Re: Hr

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    I also hate HR departments. Apparently, these days, the best way into a large organization is through a temp-to-hire agency. I've certainly done that a couple times. I also use thicker paper for my resumes, so they stick out when someone in HR flips through them.
    i was acutally in a temp office today , the whole idea turned me off tho ...but he hit on a decent point at the end of the meeting ...he said to think of it like a lease , the comapny leases me from the temp place and has the option to buy at lease termination ....

i replied back "good , who gets the excess wear and tear bill?"

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Go get your appraisal license!!!! Then you can get work easy. The classes are easy. Big money just a lot of driving.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Quote Originally Posted by slk230mb
    I flew in under their radar...it's the easiest way in....

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/97/97ajulius.phtml

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Quote Originally Posted by boombotz
    Go get your appraisal license!!!! Then you can get work easy. The classes are easy. Big money just a lot of driving.

I dont know about big money, they are the lowest paid part of an entire real estate transaction. On 300k, I'll make 9k a Realtor will make 9k and the appraiser gets around $300.00 which they have to split with their boss. The Realtor might have a split as well....but I dont....

PS: my top Loan Officer has already make 72k this year, in a supposed declining market

JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

Stone man, my quartzite friend, you are experiencing one of the banes of the 'business' world that has become more and more common since the days of the 80s and MBAs taking over running everything.

Most larger organizations (over 50 employees) are so hidebound by an outmoded, irrational, inefficient, and downright poorly performing HR department that it gets harder and harder to follow the 'normal' route into employment.

Part of the problem is federal and state anti-discriminatory and EEOC rules - it's so complex now to hire someone that most companies have to have an entire department just do to that, instead of letting line managers and/or supervisors hire/fire for their own areas.

I've worked in several large organizations throughout my life and in virtually all cases, the HR departments were useless. I've lived through several, and got hit by a couple, of "downsizings" and "restructurings" and oddly enough, I don't ever remember ANY HR people being hit by them - it's always the real workers who contribute to the company's output and or products. HR does neither of these things, yet they seem to go on and on...

I wish I had some good, useful advice for you. But other than keeping your CV up to date, and getting some good references on it, and trying to keep the "I left my last job because the boss was an *******" kinds of things to a minimum, there's not too much to be sanquine about.

Keep at it. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHare
    Stone man, my quartzite friend, you are experiencing one of the banes of the 'business' world that has become more and more common since the days of the 80s and MBAs taking over running everything.

Most larger organizations (over 50 employees) are so hidebound by an outmoded, irrational, inefficient, and downright poorly performing HR department that it gets harder and harder to follow the 'normal' route into employment.

Part of the problem is federal and state anti-discriminatory and EEOC rules - it's so complex now to hire someone that most companies have to have an entire department just do to that, instead of letting line managers and/or supervisors hire/fire for their own areas.

I've worked in several large organizations throughout my life and in virtually all cases, the HR departments were useless. I've lived through several, and got hit by a couple, of "downsizings" and "restructurings" and oddly enough, I don't ever remember ANY HR people being hit by them - it's always the real workers who contribute to the company's output and or products. HR does neither of these things, yet they seem to go on and on...

I wish I had some good, useful advice for you. But other than keeping your CV up to date, and getting some good references on it, and trying to keep the "I left my last job because the boss was an *******" kinds of things to a minimum, there's not too much to be sanquine about.

Keep at it. Let us know how it goes.
    its funny how they keep that door shut for hireing , but when someone is fired ...there no where to be found ....even if its illegal as hell ...they were no where to be found for the poor girl in the office when my boss made her stay late to give him a kiss so she could get her raise ....it was shit like that and being yelled at that got my nerves ....HR wouldnt do nothin ....

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Stone, cmon up and work for F.... sounds like you could sell ice to Eskimos.

F

sure , ill gladly move back to alaska

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

why dont you do what a neighbor of mine does, he buys stuff at flea markets and all that and sells it on ebay. he makes about 60-80k a year. damn good money in it bro.

F- what do you do?

Tailfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville Concours

You'd think if the companies devote an entire department to hiring, they could at least do that well. Interesting how devoting more resources towards something slows it down... And not that I'd ever want one, but I wonder how to get the HR jobs in the first place. A number of places I remember applying at...and getting dumbfounded looks upon further inquiries for the next 3 weeks, I often ask the HR person if the HR department is hiring...and if they say no, I ask..."Why not...?"

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

own a sales agency...

F

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    own a sales agency...

F
    oh, thats pretty cool . damn Mike if i was you i'd be working for Florian in a heartbeat! dont think you could ask for a cooler boss.

he drives a cts-v , what else is there to say ?

ill send my resume LOL ...what am i selling ? hookers i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    he drives a cts-v , what else is there to say ?

ill send my resume LOL ...what am i selling ? hookers i hope
    exactly. plus he is one of the coolest people on the forums... now while i jump of F's dick, if he is serious and i was you... i'd be pm'ing him for an application. aha hookers... i wouldnt be surprised!

coarse sampleing the product would be a problem ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.