I shot a gun for the first time today! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, I shot a gun for the first time today! in General Discussion; Thats it, I'm moving to Kansas. Worst thing you got there is a drive by Lassooing!...
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: I shot a gun for the first time today!

Thats it, I'm moving to Kansas. Worst thing you got there is a drive by Lassooing!

black93sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 STS

Quote Originally Posted by LittleB
    Exactly...they'd never be able to get control of it though...it's so bad. They'd still get guns elsewhere. Most of them probably have stolen guns as it is. I'd like to say that having a more cops around would help out but, even that wouldn't make too much of a difference.
    That was his point Meg. Liberal's try to stop gun crimes by making gun sales illegal so people can't get them, but criminals who can just go and kill people could give a shit about some gun law...

You have to rely on yourself when it comes to defense. Police take too long to get to the scene. The only proven way to deter crime is to have an armed citizenry(sp?). Nobody breaks into people's homes when they know that they might be confronted by a Mossberg!

LittleB is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792
    Thats it, I'm moving to Kansas. Worst thing you got there is a drive by Lassooing!
    AHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAAA that was good

Quote Originally Posted by black93sts
    That was his point Meg. Liberal's try to stop gun crimes by making gun sales illegal so people can't get them, but criminals who can just go and kill people could give a shit about some gun law...

You have to rely on yourself when it comes to defense. Police take too long to get to the scene. The only proven way to deter crime is to have an armed citizenry(sp?). Nobody breaks into people's homes when they know that they might be confronted by a Mossberg!
    Yeah I agree with that, especially when you are talking about someone coming into your home. Ya know they were just talking about this on the news the other night. A homeless/crazy man broke into this guy's house, and he woke up, looked down the stairs, and saw the man near his daughter's bedroom door. Then the man turned around, went into the kitchen, and just sat at his kitchen table. Didn't steal, didn't try to hurt anyone. Crazy thing is, if that man would've shot this guy, he would've gone to jail for murder and served a life sentence. I am not exactly sure about the laws, but apparently the intruder has to show some sort of threat before you can shoot them. I hate to sound rude but if some person tried to brake into my house, I am not going to wait and see if they are going to hurt me or not....I'ma shoot him!! LOL what are you supposed to wait and ask him what he broke in for?...it just all seems so weird. Anyway, sorry I am rambling here.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    Yes but the way to stop aggravated crimes there is to restrict gun sales.
    The sad thing is, that's what'll happen!

Meg, you really need to MOVE!!! To somewhere safe, like Maine!

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

nothings ever happend to me in bed ....i think you should move here ....

good thing she knows im kiddin with this stuff

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

In most states you're within your rights to shoot an intruder [in your home] if you are in fear of great bodily injury or death. In other states you can shoot an intruder for just being in your home, and in some cases on your property (TX).

ETA: if I wake in the middle of the night to find some creep standing outside my daughter's doorway....I'm going to shoot first and ask questions second.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

In most states you're within your rights to shoot an intruder [in your home] if you are in fear of great bodily injury or death. In other states you can shoot an intruder for just being in your home, and in some cases on your property (TX).

ETA: if I wake in the middle of the night to find some creep standing outside my daughter's doorway....I'm going to shoot first and ask questions second.
    EXACTLY!!!! Only in CA.....haha. I don't know much about this stuff but I am guessing TX might have a low burglary rate...so why wouldn't every state be allowed to shoot someone if they break into their home.? I dunno, I think it would definitely lower the rate here.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

EXACTLY!!!! Only in CA.....haha. I don't know much about this stuff but I am guessing TX might have a low burglary rate...so why wouldn't every state be allowed to shoot someone if they break into their home.? I dunno, I think it would definitely lower the rate here.
    They are too busy going on trial for the thief sueing the home owner because he cut his arm as he broke thru the window breaking into the house.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

In other states you can shoot an intruder for just being in your home, and in some cases on your property (TX).

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    They are too busy going on trial for the thief sueing the home owner because he cut his arm as he broke thru the window breaking into the house.
    Speaking of dumb lawsuits: I read about a burglar that fell through the skylight in a womans house, and landed on some knives she had on the kitchen counter. Well the burglar got all cut up, sued the woman and WON! WTF?????

My theory: Dead burglars can't sue you! That's why I carry hollow points!

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

You Floridians can correct me if I'm wrong but thieves used to focus on rental cars down there because they figured the drivers would not be packing. Something about it was easy to spot a rental car and FL changed it so they wouldn't be so obvious.

Tailfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville Concours

I think a better solution would be environmental factors. Even stuff as simple as street lights reduce crime in some areas. Granted, some will do it right in broad daylight, but it still thwarts the only moderately insane lol....

Don't get me wrong, if it works, I'm for it...but I think the property bit is a little extreme... "Excuse me sir, could you tell me where to find the--- OH SH--!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tailfin
    I think a better solution would be environmental factors. Even stuff as simple as street lights reduce crime in some areas. Granted, some will do it right in broad daylight, but it still thwarts the only moderately insane lol....

Don't get me wrong, if it works, I'm for it...but I think the property bit is a little extreme... "Excuse me sir, could you tell me where to find the--- OH SH--!!"
    Oh I TOTALLY agree with you about the property thing...that's a bit much lol, and dangerous. I am basically talking about being home, at night, and having someone break in. I rather not wait around to see what his intentions are, by then it might be too late!

Tailfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville Concours

Oh right, geez, I can't read... Sad that this sort of thing even has to be considered...

Yeah, if someone breaks in, I say go for it...but there are plenty of options that don't kill. Stun guns, for example. I think that would suffice for home security. The right to bear arms wasn't really intended for the citizens to be dogging each other's houses lol. People often remember the 2nd ammendment so they can have their toy, but not the "well-regulated militia" part. The idea is a check against the government. Should it become unjust, we organize such a militia and overthrow it (HA!). That's an easy one for them to dodge, no doubt. Anyway, I'm babbling...please all, take this as picking on the government, not a statement to ban guns because A, I'm not quite that radical, and B, I'll start a huge debate and thread-jacking lol.

But yeah, someone breaks into my home, I'm more the type who'd set a bunch of traps and then resort to blunt objects... Baseball bat, habanero pepper spray, wet fishes, plates...aim and fire

Quote Originally Posted by Tailfin
    Yeah, if someone breaks in, I say go for it...but there are plenty of options that don't kill.
    I agree, I don't think you should ever shoot an intruder to kill, unless you have to in self defense.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.