My wife got hit by 2 semi's tonight! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, My wife got hit by 2 semi's tonight! in General Discussion; The zone is common for people to run 65-70 in, and they are NARROW lanes too. There isn't much room ...
    N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: My wife got hit by 2 semi's tonight!

The zone is common for people to run 65-70 in, and they are NARROW lanes too. There isn't much room once you are in the lane, but she were before the lanes as the were narrowing, so it is actually the most dangerous part of it. The trailers dragging over the lines if they are being sloppy. There is room, IF they are paying attention.

My wife says she will never drive anything BUT a Suburban now! She doesn't even want a car. If they total it, I am going for a 3/4t, which is what we wanted anyway.... Bigger.... Better brakes, and a 454....

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Wow.....

That Suburban held up nicely, glad your family is doing well and why the **** didn't the truckers stop???

Probably a risk, stop and it could hurt thier job and CDL for sure, run and see if they get lucky and not get caught.

My respect level for these professional drivers has really taken a nose dive. I held them in high reguard until now. My grandfather was a Teamster and supported them highly, as did I because of that. I am starting to rethink that.

No integrity, if you screwed up, stand up and face the music, don't run like a coward and see if you get away with it.

I serve a just and mighty God, and He DOES know who did it, and I know I will be taken care of. I would not want to be on the wrong end of my God!

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Did she or any of the kids get licence plates or the trucking lines?

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

Glad to hear everyone is alright. Those 88-98 Chevy trucks are tough as nails, I bet there is minimal to no frame damage to it. I can't believe the truckers didn't stop, most all of them around here are really nice and drive very well, but I have had several nearly take my mirror off passing on the shoulder.

The adjuster I talked to on the phone (not the one who did the truck) said the midwest is REALLY bad for that. Down south is much better.

All she got was white truck. So much happened to fast. Probably 10-15 seconds from start to finish, and she was more worried about the 5 kids in the truck.

Well they have estimated $5400 damages and that is what they can see. They have transferred it to the totalled vehicle team for evaluation of if they should total it or not.

The bumper horns (that is what the tow truck driver called it) were both bent, but the frame seemed fine. The right rear door though seemed to be popped out a little bit more than I think it was on the top. Hard to prove to the adjuster I am sure. It closes ok, all doors do, but that one seems popped out slightly more. But there is no other body or frame impact that I can see other than the bumper and front fenders. The left rear bumper was impacted slightly, but the adjuster claims it was prior, it wasn't. That was new. It bent the bumper up slightly (1/2" or so)

So we are already looking for another one. She won't have anything else. I want a 3/4t 454 now. The 3/4t's have much larger brakes and a better engine for met to do my own version of DOD on. (Yes, if I get it working guys, I will share the idea! I just need guinea pigs when I get it down pat, just has to be a PORT fuel injected engine like a late 4.5, 4.9, LT1, L98, TBI's won't work without a ton more creativity that I am not ruling out though, sorry).

Thanks for all the kind words guys! My wife and I appreciate it.

We even are toying with buying back, sooo many good parts (14sf rear end I just put in, new brakes, new tires, good body except for front clip, great running Vortec 350 and 4L60E, good transfer case, etc), I hate to part with it. I at least have the old rims and tires I will swap to save them. Load Range E 265 75 16's are $$ tires!

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Glad to hear all is well....on a related note, my wife got hit by a huge semi tonight as well. I nailed her from behind with my semi-hard junk! No damage, only a huge grin.

F
    wtf... dude... lol

on topic: I'm glad they're ok, you had me scared

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

Glad to hear everyones ok. Sure nobody has any whiplash or anything? You better think about that! Better get checked out. I mean really, even if you think youre ok, you might not be. Something similar happened to my mom. Get checked out.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Damn, N0DIH, that sounds harrowing. Glad to hear nobody was hurt.

This is one of the reasons why many people—no matter how high gas goes—won't drive anything less than a Suburban. They are tanks. A couple years ago, a friend T-boned a Sable that turned in front of her. Did $6,000 worth of damage to her '96 Suburban. They scraped what was left of the Sable off the pavement.

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Truck drivers are the worst. I don't about where you guys live but everyday on the news there are at least one or two tractor trailer accidents around here. I live a block away from I-95, I can't even count how many semi-trucks I've seen wrecked over the years. F***ing coke heads, if I were a state trooper or highway cop I'd target them exclusively.

Well after looking at it closer, it looks to be some stress at the frame ends, you can see that the surface rust fell off. So that and the fact that both front fenders at the firewall are just shifted 0.2" to the pass side. They said that they think the core support is possibly bent some. It doesn't look it to me, but honestly, they are the experts, I doubt they would est that there is that much damage if it isn't.

We are hoping to find a K2500. But we did find a sharp K1500 so far. We'll see what the insurance company says tomorrow.

We sent them all to the dr, he looked them over and thinks they are ok. But it is documented. My wife's neck is still a little sore, she went to a chiropractor today, she kept putting off, but she got sore over the weekend.

She should be better. We were on the phone with the dr that night and he seemed ok with her not going in right away. He was willing to see her at 10pm at night to be sure if he thought so, that is one good Chiropractor, he is more concerned about the patient than "sorry, I am closed", how many would call you personally from home?

Thanks Rob!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_M
    Glad to hear everyones ok. Sure nobody has any whiplash or anything? You better think about that! Better get checked out. I mean really, even if you think youre ok, you might not be. Something similar happened to my mom. Get checked out.

If you guys saw my pictures, I got the offer on the truck today.

I am going to keep it and sell. $1300 obo as is. (sorry, put the wrong price in the title)

1996 Suburban K1500 with 9.5" SF rear end from a 1994 K2500 (has only 115K on the rear now), new front and rear brakes, could use tires, but we can work something out, just ask, has L31 Vortec 350 and 4L60E in excellent running shape. Has AM/FM Cassette/CD, barn doors. Newer (lifetime warranty from Autozone) alternator and battery only 18-20 months old.

She runs and drives fine as is, just munched. The frame has some damage, but might be able to be fixed easily (they only said it needed 1hr frame straightening time) and I found a front clip same color for $1000 on car-part.com.

PM me. I'll post more pictures of the it if people are interested.

Pictures of it afterwards.
    http://homepage.mac.com/n0dih/FileSharing2.html

The bumper is off now. Perfectly drivable.

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.