United 93
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, United 93 in General Discussion; Anyone seen the movie yet? "It's an anguishing, literally spellbinding vision of what happened on the ground as the twin ...
    EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

United 93

Anyone seen the movie yet?

"It's an anguishing, literally spellbinding vision of what happened on the ground as the twin towers of the World Trade Center were struck, and in the cockpit and cabin of the airliner that was diverted, by a passenger revolt, from its flight path to the U.S. Capitol."

What a situation! Had these passengers not been in contact with the ground they probably would have assumed they would be held hostage and rode right in to the target.

Knowing what the consequences of doing nothing would be or deciding to do something about it like these folks did must have been a terrible situation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jonnyd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille

Re: United 93

The radio station I listen to, 933 flz here in tampa..he got invited to the private screening along with 10 other people...he said it was phenominal...He stated, it was as real as could be without knowing what actually happened....they are just random actors/actresses I hear, and that they did a GREAT job!!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I don't think I'm going to see this movie because I don't want to come out of it believing whatever story they made out of it.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Jonas McFeely is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    I don't think I'm going to see this movie because I don't want to come out of it believing whatever story they made out of it.
    Word up.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

I'll wait until it makes it to DVD. Already know in general what occured.

Anyone know if they are donating the profits to a 9/11 fund of any kind or just sticking them in their pockets ?

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

im not gonna start anyhting...but they dont even know exactly what happend. And to make a movie on it and say its true I think is pushing it too far. Everything that happend on the flight is speculation.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Absolutely correct. That is one reason I won't bother to see it.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Definately not seeing it. I am violent enough! I am most angry that Bush never retaliated.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Don't you mean Clinton? We were hit 10 times and Bill was too busy getting a blow job to retaliate. At least Bush went after them in Afganhastan & Iraq & soon in Iran, or am I missing something?

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    Don't you mean Clinton? We were hit 10 times and Bill was too busy getting a blow job to retaliate. At least Bush went after them in Afganhastan & Iraq & soon in Iran, or am I missing something?
    Not trying to make this a political thread, but that about sums it up!

So do you guys not watch any historical films? What they put in movies is always way more than what is written in the history books and it's always some director's interpretation of said event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    At least Bush went after them in Afganhastan & Iraq & soon in Iran, or am I missing something?
    and look where thats gotten us...2400 of our own servicemen dead (if my research is correct)...no bin laden...no WMD found...and a mess we will never see fixed in our lifetimes...going after Iran will be a huge mistake. There is a reason Bush's approval ratings are only 32% now...

Joey'sVee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Well we have gotten of course a little. Back to the movie...

They do know a lot about what happened. Have you guys not heard the latest tapes? They have proof that the brave passengers got into the cockpit. You should have heard all the tapes. I think from cell phones calls, voice mail (people left for husbands and wives), all the data and voice recorders they have a pretty good idea about what went on. Of course a good bit is fiction but it's not like the guys didn't fight like hell to get that plane back.

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

Quote Originally Posted by Joey'sVee

They do know a lot about what happened. Have you guys not heard the latest tapes? They have proof that the brave passengers got into the cockpit. You should have heard all the tapes. I think from cell phones calls, voice mail (people left for husbands and wives), all the data and voice recorders they have a pretty good idea about what went on. Of course a good bit is fiction but it's not like the guys didn't fight like hell to get that plane back.
    Agreed,back on track=911 was the crowning achievment of the Clinton presidency

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

It might be my confrontational nature, but if someone tries to take over a plane, I aint just sittin on my ass. Expecially if they dont have guns, but have knives. Even in just some lame ass hostage situation involving money, or political prisoners, some hostages die. I aint going out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey'sVee

I want to know what service peopel were using where they were able to make calls while the plane was flying, because my service goes out as soon as we get kind of high up Might have to switch...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.