United 93 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, United 93 in General Discussion; Excuse me, gentlemen. But according to my references Bush took office before the 9-11 attacks......
    davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: United 93

Excuse me, gentlemen. But according to my references Bush took office before the 9-11 attacks...

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Joey'sVee
    Well we have gotten of course a little. Back to the movie...

They do know a lot about what happened. Have you guys not heard the latest tapes? They have proof that the brave passengers got into the cockpit. You should have heard all the tapes. I think from cell phones calls, voice mail (people left for husbands and wives), all the data and voice recorders they have a pretty good idea about what went on. Of course a good bit is fiction but it's not like the guys didn't fight like hell to get that plane back.
    The last time I had heard anything only a "few" people have been allowed to hear all of the actual recordings they do have, surviving family members, jurys in related court cases, etc. The reports I've read about the cockpit recordings say they hear what they think is the passengers banging on the cockpit door with something trying to get in, assumed to be a refeshment cart used by the flight attendants, before the hijackers make some comments to put the plane into the ground, and then obviously did. That can leave a lot of room for script writing and dialogue for hollywood to fill in.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLvr400
    It might be my confrontational nature, but if someone tries to take over a plane, I aint just sittin on my ass. Expecially if they dont have guns, but have knives. Even in just some lame ass hostage situation involving money, or political prisoners, some hostages die. I aint going out like that.
    Up untill 9/11 hijackers just wanted to go someplace. Our flight crews as well as everyone elses were taught to comply, and passengers were never in fear of their lives, just inconvenienced. That all changed on 9/11 and a takeover like that will never happen again. Not only have the training, proceedures and aircraft been changed, but passenger mentality has also changed as evidenced by the Richard Reed incident.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

one thing Ive ALWAYS wondered back when all this happend was, how did they make cell phone calls from the plane?? Like i said, ive kept my phone on in airplanes just to see when I would lose service and very shortly after we leave the ground, my service goes out and I have an excellent carrier. I think its a pretty legit question that I havent heard asked much.

Perhaps they used the air phones on the airplane.

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

I have a good "informed" friend who thinks that what they say happened, didn't really happen. He thinks we shot it down out of the sky because it was headed for the White House. I tend to believe him. I dont know if I'll see it.

itsabughunt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Excuse me, gentlemen. But according to my references Bush took office before the 9-11 attacks...
    Yeah, for like six months. So Bush was supposed to do something in half a year that Clinton didnt need to do for the eight years preceeding that?

Clinton is obsessed with appearance and he felt comfortable selling out long-term prosperity for short-term flash. Scarred by Somalia, Clinton refused to risk American soldiers on more than one occasion when he could have nabbed Bin Laden. He refused not because he cared about the soldiers but merely because it would look bad. Kinda like how he (and the rest of the world) allowed hundreds of thousands of Rwandans to be hacked apart with machetes at a rate that exceeded the pace of the Germans in WWII. He did this because a unit of Belgians were ambushed and he didnt want another Somalia.

http://w3f.com/article.html

BTW, dont think I'm a Bush supporter because I responded with this. I think Bush makes huge mistakes all the time, including almost everything to do with this war in Iraq. Its not an either/or sort of thing. Bush might be an idiot, but that doesnt excuse Clinton for dropping the ball (and walking off the field).

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    Perhaps they used the air phones on the airplane.
    From the reports that I've read, I believe some used the air phones and others did use their cell phones. Wasn't there a GTE Airphone operator who recited the Lord's Prayer with one of the passengers right before they fought back? I believe she stayed on the line until it went dead.

As for blame, let's not forget Osama Bin Laden and his followers are ultimately the ones responsible. I don't blame Bush or Clinton personally, even though it appears no action appears was taken after Bush received the intelligence brief Bin Laden determined to strike the U.S. while on vacation that August. Mostly, I blame OBL, along with the systemic failures in U.S. intelligence and law enforcement that didn't connect the dots.

Anyway, back to the movie. I don't get to the cineplex that often, but I will probably put United 93 in my Netflix queue when it comes out on DVD. Although I didn't lose any loved ones in the attacks, I'm still haunted by the images of that horrible day. The passengers on United 93 are heros, and I want to know more about what happened. Even though nobody can be 100% certain exactly what happened on that 757, it sounds like filmmakers went to great lengths to make the movie as accurate as possible.

I heard a review on NPR where the reviewer said United 93 was "probably the best movie he's ever hated." I think that's a reasonable expectation.

Davidstan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Todd Beamer used an on board phone and so did some of the others but seems like i heard of some people using cells.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Maybe the use of cell phones during flight brought the plane down.

Okay not really.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Someone sent me an e-mail about the plane that hit the Pentagon.

It claims that a missle or small plane hit the pentagon rather than a big airliner. No bodies were found, not much wreckage from a plane, things are just inconsistent. Videos from security cameras in the surrounding area were all confiscated and never seen again.

The question is, what happened to the plane if it didn't end up in the Pentagon? Was it shot down somewhere too?

That American plane hit the pentagon.

Odin8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 97 STS (retired), 05 STS4, black on black

Hm, in reference to cell phone service, weren't the hijackers flying the plane pretty low to the ground? Not like hugging the terrain type flying, but certaintly not flight altitude? At least that's the impression I've always had. That'd probably allow for some cell phone service.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis
    Someone sent me an e-mail about the plane that hit the Pentagon.

It claims that a missle or small plane hit the pentagon rather than a big airliner. No bodies were found,...
    Well: (Warning: graphic pictures of human remains at the pentagon)

http://911research.wtc7.net/pentagon...anremains.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.