Soon to be STS owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Soon to be STS owner in General Discussion; Hey everyone. I have never owned a Cadillac yet, but if all goes well I will be the owner of ...
    Blazin Bill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS

Talking Soon to be STS owner

Hey everyone. I have never owned a Cadillac yet, but if all goes well I will be the owner of a 99 fully loaded STS this Saturday. The car is mint inside and out, is owned by an older gentleman and has 50k miles on it. Carfax on the car came up spotless.

In my hunt for a new car I've settled on a late 90's STS because I love the style of them and the performance is impressive. I love sports cars, but have a family now. In the past I've owned an 87 Buick Grand National (with lots of mods, it was scary fast), an 89 Trans Am GTA and, my first car, an 86 V-6 Camaro.

I hope to use this forum for tech support and for possibly learning the most ideal and easier performance mods for the STS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

Re: Soon to be STS owner

Welcome Bill!

99' STS a good choice. Thanks for joining the forum.

Paul

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

to the forums.

Blazin Bill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS

Talking Re: Soon to be STS owner

Well, I bought the above mentioned 99 STS and it's a sweet car, it's obvious the car is built sturdy, yet it's quick enough to keep me happy (I used to own nothing but sports cars). The car has very few imperfections and all the gadgets and accessories work, but there are two things I need to get looked at:
    1. the dashboard (towards the front of the car near where it meets the glass) is peeling upward slightly, yet the dashboard itself seems to be intact
    2. the hood liner is trashed (I can't wait to see how much the dealership is going to get me for that!)

I put the car through the very extensive Maryland State Inspection and it had one problem: the driver's side tie rod was bad, so I had them replace both tie rods. From reading the forums this seems to be a common fault of these cars...still seems odd that it would fail at only 50k miles.

My prior car was a junker: a 1994 oxidized green Plymouth Acclaim with 140k on its 4-cylinder engine. That car got 20-21 mpg (local or highway, didn't matter); I now get 16-20 locally with the STS and 26-27 mpg on the highway, and, much to my surprise, my insurance on the STS isn't bad.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I'm enjoying my first Caddy thus far and appreciate the wealth of information on this forum, thanks to all you experts who answer the elementary questions.

B Hoth is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS - Lux/Blue Chip

Try e-bay on the hood liner, maybe even a boneyard. There's allways the dash cover for the front. There are some nice leather type one now available. Good Luck, sounds like you still found a well kept ride.

TReither is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just joined the forum today myself. Congrats on your "new" STS. I too have a 99 and LOVE it.

We have 3 children and the car is just the right size..seats 2 in the front and 3 in the back. No room for extra passengers

I have to tell you in May 2004 I was involved in an accident with mine. Some guy pulled a U Turn almost right aside of me. I ended up w $5600 front end damage and his Eagle Talon was totalled. I was thoroughly impressed at how my car handled the accident. I hope you never have that situation presented to you, but if you do, you're in one of the best cars to handle it.
    Good luck w your new toy (I mean car).

Tracey and Bob

B Hoth is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS - Lux/Blue Chip

Welcome TReither to the forum! Post a pic of the ride!

TReither is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm not sure if this is going to work but I'll try it.

This pic is right after the 5/04 accident.

And this is before the accident. Looks much better !

Car is in for inspection as we speak. Unfortunately it didn't pass. Needs new rear struts. After reading about strutmasters.com on this site I gave them a call. I'm hoping they are a good product.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.