Pet peeves - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Pet peeves in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Tailfin G'ah... Males and females really have some design flaws with being able to communicate with & ...
    LittleB is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Re: Pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by Tailfin
    G'ah... Males and females really have some design flaws with being able to communicate with & understand each other lol. I'm afraid, from the numerous typical imbeciles I've seen try to pull something off, that I can explain exactly what this person was doing. First off, in a stupid way, it's a compliment. He thinks your pretty (although he might use a different word... )...and what he was doing was trying to blurt out an excuse to talk to you. However, being his wit is less than singular, some retarded assortment of words such as that came out... The best part is, inside, he was calculating that he would leave a lasting impression (a better one...) on you and that upon leaving, you would think of how nice a guy he was for not giving you some typical pickup line. The quality of the replacement dialogue will hint at the sincerity of this would-be impression... Keep in mind this is just a guess, and doesn't hold true for everyone, but it's true for a LOT hehe...

Now I'm setting myself up here lol, I would NOT do that... I understand the desire to start a conversation with a girl, and I might try it, but I'm usually too shy to, and I would only do so if I had something much better to say than...that... I suppose you never get to know anyone if you don't say anything ever...but there are some people who should not say anything....ever....
    haha that MAY have been the case...I mean one thing is for sure, he WAS trying to start a conversation but what he said was so weird that I didn't know what to say!! I have had guys start conversations, like talk about the weather and what not, and it's cute because I know what they are doing. I love that kind of stuff, but that other guy was plain weird.

About what Jonnyd said...I totally agree. You have to just put yourself out there and approach girls, you may get turned down but the more girls you approach the more of a chance there is. I am not shy when it comes to talking to people. If I like their calogne, perfume, hair, shirt, purse...whatever, i tell them. People act like if they don't know you they can't say anything to you. I love to compliment people I don't know, it always makes their day.

Tailfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville Concours

Nah, I agree with that. I'm just saying if you can't think of something better to say than that, then you're better off zipping it...as is proven by your reaction to this person lol.

I just think what I said is what he was doing even more because of how bizarre what he said was. Probably simple psychology... He couldn't think of something good to say right off, but he wanted to say something to you, so he forced himself to talk, while his mind grasped desperately for any subject he could latch onto...and out of either nervousness or vapidness, he chose the box you were holding lol.

I've just always had to overcome an inherent shyness, maybe anti-social type of issue I have. I'm a lot better than I used to be, but I still don't go out of my way to talk to people all that often. I know it's not the healthiest thing, but it's almost instinctual to me. But I don't get nervous or feel shaky around people like I used to. Ah well

LittleB is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

Yeah I agree with what you said...that's most likely what happened...and yes, he should've just kept quiet because what he said was so bizarre!

I used to be anti social...I think it was a self confidence issue. I never used to talk to people I didn't know either. It all depends where I am, and if I feel comfortable. Actually I just realized that I never talk to people my age that I don't know. I guess because most of them are very judgemental, or you give them a compliment and they take it the wrong way, like you were trying to be a bitch or something. haha I just realized that.... anyway I am very comfortable talking with anyone that looks over 22

Tailfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville Concours

I'm 23, but most people seem to think I look like I'm like 18 or 19 *shrug*. But yeah, that how the person takes it is part of it too. There are a lot of guys just like the one you encountered, and because of people like that...or maybe not specifically that...but because of all those guys that give girls "lines" or obvious conversation with an alterior motive, it seems hard to believe I could say anything, witty or not, without a girl suspecting (and perhaps somewhat legitimately) I'm more interested in unconditional $ex than whatever topic I actually brought up. That's a bit extreme, but you get the idea. Nothing wrong with it at heart, really, part of human nature, except the part about not caring alongside it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I have another one.

People who have four cylinder cars that bitch about gas prices. Just STFU, you don't know what an expensive gas bill is.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792
    I have another one.

People who have four cylinder cars that bitch about gas prices. Just STFU, you don't know what an expensive gas bill is.
    Someone just got back from the service station....

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

I have many pet peeves, but the biggest is PDAs, no matter what the sexual orientation of the involved parties. Get a room, for pete's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV
    Someone just got back from the service station....
    Nope. I was just listening to a friend bitch about how bad gas prices are. He drives a '98 Ranger with the 2.5 I-4 and the 5 speed manual. He gets 25MPG AND gets paid mileage from work. I get 16MPG and don't get paid mileage.

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

Swirls

Idiots

When I wake up and I'm really hungry and am craving something like pancakes, then I bursh my teeth and the toothbrush aftertaste spoils it all...

People who think they know how to do something right, then when they do it, and you see them, they don't know what the **** they're doing at all...

Add more later...

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

One of my biggest is people lying about their NPO status.

Wet towels thrown onto a bed.

Farting in a vehicle without warning fellow passengers or rolling down the windows.

ETA: this is a great thread....why am I just seeing it now?
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    One of my biggest is people lying about their NPO status.
    NPO?

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Another big one for me is when I see ads on TV that say "Chevy" instead of Chevrolet. I mean come on, its a friggin Chevrolet! say it!

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Those Silverados that people put an Escalade front clip on. Man that bugs me. I always give them a thumbs down.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792
    NPO?
    Medical abbreviation meaning "nothing by mouth." People show up to have surgery with a full stomach, when they're not supposed to eat or drink anything. I know....it's strange, but it's a job hazard for me.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Rey Rey 650 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Coins!!!!!! I hate coins!!! Especially when you sit in your car and they all fall out of your pocket.... Or when your short,like the total being 107 and you only have 103..So you gotta give them your 10....What a bitch

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.