Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Wow, finally a hot sauce that is hot enough =]

4K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  davesdeville 
#1 ·
Blair's Jersey Death sauce
http://extremefood.com/product.php?id=138
http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/blairs-jersey-death-sauce/

I read it's supposed to be 50% hotter than MegaDeath, which is rated at 550,000 Scoville units
http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot Sauce/hothome.htm

Got my first bottle today, took a taste, well that was 20 minutes ago and i'm still DYING! :p lol finally something actually HOT enough for me :D

#4 ·
I've found some good ones in my time...Magnum 357 is one of my favorites. It's not the absolute hottest out there, but the flavor is freaking awesome...Wayyyy better than Dave's Insanity...I'll have to look into that list of yours though!

#7 ·
It's like Drano for your lower intestine.

#8 ·
Spyder said:
I've found some good ones in my time...Magnum 357 is one of my favorites. It's not the absolute hottest out there, but the flavor is freaking awesome...Wayyyy better than Dave's Insanity...I'll have to look into that list of yours though!
dave's is crap
i moved away from it along time ago, really really crappy.

i saw that magnum stuff, looked interesting.

#12 · (Edited)
If your looking for heat guys it's in the Habanero peppers. They actually have a measurement for the heat in peppers. It's called Scoville units. Check this out..The typical Jalapeno pepper has 4,500 Scoville units of heat. The typical Habanero pepper has 300,000 units. As you can see the Jalapeno is for wimps:D . So when shopping look for the main ingredient of the Habanero pepper in the sauce. Those peppers will burn you twice!:eek:

If you want the ultimate experience in heat look for the Red Savina Habanero pepper. It has 577,000 Scoville units of heat!!:lildevil:

#13 ·
I can make a hotter sauce! No doubt a home made sauce can be made hotter. And I don't give in to taste either. After two days you will have a very nice after taste... :D

It's so hot, you can actually feel where your food is all the way down, so you can prepare in time for the toilet. In case you need to make special preperations... :D You whish you have a bidet then!

#16 ·
A taco shack called Surf Taco has two taco sauces on their table, and everytime I go there with my sister-in-law she tells me to watch out for the Habenero sauce because it's real hot!! I always end up taking a bite and then adding more because I can't taste it.

Mezzetta makes a good Habanero Salsa called Twist & Shout. They also make a Habanero Hot Sauce, although I prefer the salsa.

#17 ·
I agree on Dave's, its just the standard that everyone knows the name of and is scared of, or at least those who have never tried the real stuff! :) The Magnum is really good, as far as flavor I'd say its one of the best, it tastes great, but like I said, isn't the absolute hottest stuff out there.

#18 ·
HotRodSaint said:
A taco shack called Surf Taco has two taco sauces on their table, and everytime I go there with my sister-in-law she tells me to watch out for the Habenero sauce because it's real hot!! I always end up taking a bite and then adding more because I can't taste it.

Mezzetta makes a good Habanero Salsa called Twist & Shout. They also make a Habanero Hot Sauce, although I prefer the salsa.
"Twist & Shout" is what I do in the bathroom after the second second burn.
You have to use the toilet bowl water to cool things down.:shocked2:

#19 ·
RobertCTS said:
If your looking for heat guys it's in the Habanero peppers. They actually have a measurement for the heat in peppers. It's called Scoville units. Check this out..The typical Jalapeno pepper has 4,500 Scoville units of heat. The typical Habanero pepper has 300,000 units. As you can see the Jalapeno is for wimps:D . So when shopping look for the main ingredient of the Habanero pepper in the sauce. Those peppers will burn you twice!:eek:

If you want the ultimate experience in heat look for the Red Savina Habanero pepper. It has 577,000 Scoville units of heat!!:lildevil:
indeed
like i said, the Jersey sauce should be well into 700K units, and has several kind of peppers. that's why i like Blairs, its natural. Daves is chemicals.
oh and daves is like 90K unit, wimpy :p

#20 ·
For those that are into records, the hottest recorded pepper was a red savina habanero pepper that's recorded in the Guiness Book of World Records at 580,000 Scoville heat units. The Habanero varies in heat and is determined by the soil, climate and harvest time. The Habanero has really become populat lately and you can find them in many Food Chains like Krogers.

#22 ·
I wouldn't be so quick to down those jalpeno's. My sister grew some SOOO hot that it took me, my best friend, a 6'4" navy seal, a 6'3" army ranger and a big pepper loving guy to our knees. All of the people mentioned above LOVE hot stuff, the hotter, the better.

Someone asked what we did to the pepper lover, they said he was coughing, his eyes were wattering, and he was turning blue.

My best friend was trying to be cool, but after two bites, his reaction was "I am trying so hard, not to CRY" then he ran for some milk.

The SEAL said to get those damn evil things away from him.

Keep in mind, that I have ate habanaros before and they cannot stand up to these things. I will NEVER eat another one. They would make some KILLER hot sauce.

#23 ·
JC316 said:
I wouldn't be so quick to down those jalpeno's. My sister grew some SOOO hot that it took me, my best friend, a 6'4" navy seal, a 6'3" army ranger and a big pepper loving guy to our knees. All of the people mentioned above LOVE hot stuff, the hotter, the better.

Someone asked what we did to the pepper lover, they said he was coughing, his eyes were wattering, and he was turning blue.

My best friend was trying to be cool, but after two bites, his reaction was "I am trying so hard, not to CRY" then he ran for some milk.

The SEAL said to get those damn evil things away from him.

Keep in mind, that I have ate habanaros before and they cannot stand up to these things. I will NEVER eat another one. They would make some KILLER hot sauce.
So you can appeciate the Habanero which is 125 times as hot as the Jalapeno. Your Seal would experience spontanious combustion.(actually that's a name for a brand of habanero sause)

#25 ·
And I must add there is significance to having the raw habanero pepper. My friend and I took a bite out of one once...a regrettable experience...make sure you get the seeds, that's where the real heat is. I can take an itsy bite of the outer part without a drink and all...

You can build up a tolerance to the pains, ingestion and excretion lol... It won't affect you if you put up with it for a little while. I do think of it as fuel injector cleaner for your colon... Speaking of building that up, one thing really annoys me. I've built up a respectable tolerance for spicy food...and I love it. I love eating it, but my body doesn't let me. If I eat anything that has any significant heat to it, it gives me hiccups galore. I put up with it for a few minutes, then I can plow through...but it sucks lol. The food gives me hiccups LONG before I've reached my heat limit. I need a new epigilottis...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.