WANTED: '85 Nintendo.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, WANTED: '85 Nintendo. in General Discussion; So far I'm bidding on two on ebay but I keep getting outbid! I'm gonna drop the sob story on ...
    DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

WANTED: '85 Nintendo.

So far I'm bidding on two on ebay but I keep getting outbid! I'm gonna drop the sob story on you guys and say I never had one.... All my friends had them and I never did.... I want one now since they're just as popular now as they were back then. Anyone got one they wanna get rid of if this ebay shit don't go through for me? The situation with these is everyone's got them but they still play them. Ahh I want one!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: WANTED: '85 Nintendo.

I sure do have one, and I sure don't want to get rid of it. The damned games cost almost as much now as they did back then, at least all the good ones that matter...but its a helluva good time! Get one, you'll love it!

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Hmm...this makes me wanna go lookin for mine again. I had one, and I had some cool games too. I had the Mario/Duck hunt game with the hand gun, as well as Zelda with the Gold colored Catridge (great game), plus a few others I can't remember. I went looking for them a few months ago, but couldn't find it. I know it's around somewhere....

Tailfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville Concours

Ehhh... Yeah I have one...somewhere...and yeah, they are cool if you want the nostalgia aspect, complete with blowing warm air on the contacts to get it to work, then you'll have to track one down. If, however, you're happy with just playing the games, then emulation rocks. A game controller for the PC, and you can have their entire legacy of games on one DVD. Don't think Nintendo cares about royalties anyway on something that old. If you're not familiar with that scene, shoot me an e-mail (nethaven@hotmail.com), and I'll hook you up.

Now then...

Disclaimer: For any ROMS, you must own the cartridge of the game in question. If you do not, you must delete it within 24 hours. Circumstances apply herein, including but not limited to notwithstanding, void in any month that has a vowel in it, yada yada yada...

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

I know I have one, I just have NO idea where it is. Probably hiding somewhere in my attic. I have a Sega Genesis too, but the controller port is broken

I just got xbox 360 a month ago so it's all good

Oh I have like 20 emulators on my computer but mostly Super Nintendo, Genesis, Blue MSX (A Japanese system), Arcade Machines, and an NES one but the NES one. The problem with emulators now is you simply can't find the ROMS anywhere. That's why a lotta people are just snagging up the consoles. These things can be fixed to work perfectly, all you gotta do is open it up (Which is exponentially easier than opening up say a PS2) and replace the 72 pin connector with a new aftermarket one.

So far I'm still winning this one which is the one I pictured above.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Betcha it goes up a whole lot more than four bucks!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156
    Oh I have like 20 emulators on my computer but mostly Super Nintendo, Genesis, Blue MSX (A Japanese system), Arcade Machines, and an NES one but the NES one. The problem with emulators now is you simply can't find the ROMS anywhere. That's why a lotta people are just snagging up the consoles. These things can be fixed to work perfectly, all you gotta do is open it up (Which is exponentially easier than opening up say a PS2) and replace the 72 pin connector with a new aftermarket one.

So far I'm still winning this one which is the one I pictured above.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI%3AIT&rd=1
    The ROMs are there you just have to dig a bit. If your interested my friend actually BUILT AN ARCADE CONSOLE with an official Arcade picture tube and everything and combined it with a PC with MAME. He has every single NES, Genesis, Super NES and I believe even N64 and Neo.Geo rom. Every NES one would probably fit on a single CD or two.

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

Yeah, I still have mine too. I would'nt get rid of it for anything (save for a new Cadillac or something). Hell, I also have my SNES and between the two systems, I still have over 30 games (I think).

Dope, if you can, try and find the ultra-rare top loader Nintendo...Hehehe...

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

I have got everyone beat so far. My systems:

1.Nintedo Entertainment System. THE BOMB in it's day. Saving you game is for sissies, you get a password if you are lucky. Blowing on the contacts and pulling the cartridge out a hair to make it work is a part of owning one. I will never forget this system.

2. Super NES. I had to have one because my rich friend had one. Two games defined this system. Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country. I also remember hours of ass kicking at mortal kombat. I have 6 controllers and only 2 work due to temper tantrums.

3. Sega Genesis. Never had much use for this system, but the rich friend got sick of it and gave it to me.

4. Sega CD. This thing is ALOT of fun. Part of owning it is getting to the end of Space Ace and having it hit a scratch, there is no word to describe the HATRED for this glitch.

5. Playstation 1. See Sega Genesis, I loved having a rich friend.

6. N64. Zelda and Hexen were the best. I have spent HOURS playing Co-op in Hexen, me and the rich friend beat it at least 50 times. I am also undefeted in deathmatch, 25 wins 0 losses, no one wanted to play me anymore, so I retired as champ. Zelda was just the best game ever.

7. Dreamcast. The graphics were mind blowing. Soul Calibur and Resident evil code veronica. UNFREAKING BELIEVEABLE.

8. Gamecube. Resident Evil 4 and Metroid. Any questions?

9. Xbox. HALO, me say Haaaaloooo, kick elites ass and then we wanna go home.

I would NEVER part with any one of these systems, I still play all of them to this day. There are too many happy memories stored in all of them. They are worth more to me than any price on Ebay. Anyway long post, but I still had to brag about my enormous video game collection. Getting a NES now, just isn't the same as having Santa Clause bring it to you on Christmas morning.

Spittin Game is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E

Mike Tysons punchout OWN3D!!!

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Yes!!! I'm not alone in being the only loser who never had NES as a kid. My parents always pulled that "you're too young" crap. Christmas 1990 I finally got Super Nintendo from my grandfather. That guy was the man, because of him I got Super Nintendo and my Cadillac, the two best gifts I ever received. I'd love to have an NES now, I'd probably have more fun with it than my Playstation 2. BTW, I still play my Super Nintendo, nothing can top early 90's gaming action!

Tailfin is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville Concours

Yeah I have every NES and SNES game, I think. If you use eMule, you can download the whole set. I was into the emulation bit when it was as easy as websites. I actually downloaded all of PlasticMan's site, practically, not a week before it went down .

Most of those old systems can be very accurately emulated because of their simplicity. They still aren't "true emulation," having the software precisely duplicate the hardware, but it's very impressive. With today's PCs, even N64 can be emulated to a perfectly usable extent by "fixing" the code by trial and error, assembly hacking, and a bunch of other crap I have no time to learn how to do... I like the ROMS because there are tools and techniques for customizing them. FF6, my all-time favorite, I have patched up with the original difficulty idiosyncrocies, some bug fixes, and I even went through the dialogue as DIRECTLY translated from the Japanese version (someone did a whole text on that), and it's surprising what a difference some of them make in the potency of the game. The American translation wussed out. For one example, those of you that played the game, when Kefka kills general Leo and says "HATE, HATE, HATE!"...It's supposed to be "DIE...DIE...DIE!"....I suppose that was too violent for our version...boo hoo...

I got outbid on that one, but I found this one instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Enterta...QQcmdZViewItem

This one was at least guarenteed to work. It's missing the light gun and the Mario Bros./Duck Hunt game which I did want, but I can always pick those up no problem. I'm also gonna pick up a spare 72 pin just in case I need it. I should have this one all wrapped up in under an hour. Wish me luck!

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

Quote Originally Posted by JC316
    2. Super NES. I had to have one because my rich friend had one. Two games defined this system. Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country. I also remember hours of ass kicking at mortal kombat. I have 6 controllers and only 2 work due to temper tantrums.
    Damn you!!! My Super Metroid doesn't work anymore. I have been looking for a new cart. You forgot about the single best racing game of all time: Super Mario Kart. That game still kicks ass and I still have my Bowser records for fastest time trials. Get me on the two-player and I'll never get off of it.

As for the single best series of games for me: Castlevania! All three of them for the NES and I still have them. I also have Metroid for the NES that I just stumbled upon at the local thrift store. I bought it for $0.99!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.