WANTED: '85 Nintendo. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, WANTED: '85 Nintendo. in General Discussion; lol, funny I saw this thread. I went through some old boxes the other week and found my NES packed ...
    Surfer-Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: WANTED: '85 Nintendo.

lol, funny I saw this thread. I went through some old boxes the other week and found my NES packed up. I don't even remember the last time I played it. Think I was like 3 or something when I got it as a present, I'll be 24 in May so wow, can't believe how long I've had it. Have a sh!tload of games to, at least 50 including the original Metal Gear, Super Metroid, Gold versions of Zelda and Link and others I'm sure that are rare. Went through the box and remember some pretty sweet games like Jackal (the truck/war game), Guerilla War (which was badass b/c I remember you could always die and start right back where you were, no temper tantrums with that game lol), Solar Jetman, Skate-Or-Die, Double Dragon etc. Even found my Game Genie thing.

Though I don't care what anybody says, Contra owned back in the day

Tried hooking it up but I guess being packed for so long broke the power cord, have to buy one. And before anyone ask, no none of it's for sale lol, actually looking foward to getting it working again and playing it.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Jackal, if you want to get rid of it, I WANT IT!!! If anyone has Contra, Super C, Paperboy, I want them. Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers I would love to have. Anyone who has these games, along with others I'll probably think of soon, I would love to work out a deal with ya!

chuckdobbins is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 deville

i had well over 100 games back in the day. i traded in everythingge straight up for a psx and a couple games. but, a few games they wouldnt take as trades. one cartridge was pink, mad heavy, and held over 100 games on it.

if i can find it ill let you know

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

how bout i had a sega saturn mwahahaha who had one of those?

anyways, i got my first nintendo very very cheaply, we had a super nintendo, and my frined had rented killer instinct, awesome game, anyways he went to turn it in but couldnt find the book so he turned it in without it. a few weeks later i saw the book in a cupoboard and said o, ill leave it there and if he asks for it ill know exactly where its at. so one day he comes over all frantic-like, and hes like, ill give whoever can find that killer instinct book my nintendo with 40 games and game genie and the game genie book. so i was like "BAM!". niiice.

anyways, if anyone has a dreamcast, you can actually emulate a nintendo on it, and dreamcast controllers are like 1.00 so you can chop one of to where you can connect a nintendo controller to it, and it remains fully functional.

let me know if you need more info

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO
    how bout i had a sega saturn mwahahaha who had one of those?
    Haha I had one for about an hour. I won it and took it to Toys R Us and traded it for a PlayStation.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156
    Haha I had one for about an hour. I won it and took it to Toys R Us and traded it for a PlayStation.
    thats just ****ed up

I don't regret it. It got killed off a year later and PS1 games were stopped a couple years ago.

Well I fixed my powercord. And I agree with what somebody said above, I forgot how addicting NES was. Have had PS1 and 2 since they came out but don't play them much, besides some games on the PC.

But damn, like I said before, the Contra series owns . Now to find the time to play the other 50 or 60 games I've had packed up for years and years lol. Graphics and everything are obviously nowhere near modern systems, but I don't know what it is, I can't put the controller down.

I hope I get my stuff soon. I should at least see the Mario Bros. game by Friday.

yea i used to say that all the time when wed bust out the super or the nes or especially when i got the emulator workin on the dreamcast.

i believe it was "aint this some shit, we got a xbox with a bunch the newest games AND xbox live, a pc loaded with games and a net connection, a ps2 and we're playin nintendo, and everyone is playing, and weve been playin for hours wtf"

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO
    yea i used to say that all the time when wed bust out the super or the nes or especially when i got the emulator workin on the dreamcast.

i believe it was "aint this some shit, we got a xbox with a bunch the newest games AND xbox live, a pc loaded with games and a net connection, a ps2 and we're playin nintendo, and everyone is playing, and weve been playin for hours wtf"
    I haven't played my PS2 or others in months, pop in the Gran Turismo games mainly even though have a bunch of others. But I can't stop playing the Contra games or Jackal on NES

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156
    What do you have?

Well, since it's all in a box now, I have to go off memory.... Zelda, Mario 3, Rambo, Friday the 13th, Astanyax, geez... Iron Tank, a Ninja Turtles 2 I think... I can' even remember it all. Probably about 20 games or so overall. Currently packing up for a move, so things are going into boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLvr400
    Well, since it's all in a box now, I have to go off memory.... Zelda, Mario 3, Rambo, Friday the 13th, Astanyax, geez... Iron Tank, a Ninja Turtles 2 I think... I can' even remember it all. Probably about 20 games or so overall. Currently packing up for a move, so things are going into boxes.
    Cool. I'll take the games and the whole Nintendo if ya want. With these things there's always a good reason to stock a spare unit.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

DS: I understand where you're coming form. I always wated one but my parents could never afford it. When I was in college in about 96 me and 2 friends bought one from a second hand store (called Cash Converters) for about £15 ($25) for the console and £5 ($8) for each game.

I used to have a PSOne but got rid of it.
    All I have now is an N64 and an Atari Jaguar.

Being a big Atari fan I always wanted ther Jaguar and I got lucky a few years ago in that a store was selling a BRAND NEW one for £10 (about $17).
    Sadly, the game I really wanted, Tempest 2000 was going for about $60 on EBay at the time...

Stock90DeVille is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes the NES, I bought one last year just because I finally found a copy of Little League Championship Series. The NES is hooked up in my bedroom, my wife still plays this thing (xbox controls are 2 complicated for her). She loves Tetris, Dr. Mario and Ms. Pac-Man.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.