WANTED: '85 Nintendo. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, WANTED: '85 Nintendo. in General Discussion; You never had NES?!?!?!? OMG....LOOSER! LOL! I still have my origanal NES and load of games... then I found a ...
    Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Re: WANTED: '85 Nintendo.

You never had NES?!?!?!? OMG....LOOSER!

LOL!

I still have my origanal NES and load of games... then I found a very rare top-loader NES with dog bone controller.... the top loaders got rid of the contact problem the NES had....

That is the only thing I wish I brought from NY with me, that I left.... it's still in NY.... I'll get it though when I go back this Summer.

Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 are the best.... soooooooooo many good games.

Graphics today may be life like and interactive... but video games just totally lost the spirit they used to have. NES was probably the best damn system in that aspect. Man, good times.

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K/10

I got it and I practically stole everything because I bought it all in pieces. I got the console for $11, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt for $5, the controllers and all the cables for $26.50, and a new 72 pin connector for $10 because the console was sold "as is" so there's no guarentee it works. I still gotta find a light gun though so I can play Duck Hunt. For a grand total of $52.55 for everything and I still beat out the cheapest NES complete set by $30. They start out cheap but by the time the auction is ending they usually let go for close to $80 following trends I've been seeing. I'm very pleased.

Console, $11.00

Cables/Controllers, $26.54

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Track Meet, $5.03

New 72 pin connector replacement part, $9.98

patfarrell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was just going to tell you that you could have mine, I just put it in a trash bag last night and was going to throw it away. Don’t know if it still works but I think there was a few games to and a power pad I will dig it out if you want it.

Actually if you wanna help me out, I'll take it anyway. I don't even care if it doesn't work because for like $10 I can get another 72 pin and get it running again. Everyone I know has more than one just in case they break. Get back to me because I'd be glad to have the extra stuff. Where in NJ are you, I could swing by and pick it up if you're not too far. Thanks a whole lot.

patfarrell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am in central jersey by Great Adventure Jackson Area.

Quote Originally Posted by patfarrell
    I am in central jersey by Great Adventure Jackson Area.
    Could you PM me an address?

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

Quote Originally Posted by illumina
    Damn you!!! My Super Metroid doesn't work anymore. I have been looking for a new cart. You forgot about the single best racing game of all time: Super Mario Kart. That game still kicks ass and I still have my Bowser records for fastest time trials. Get me on the two-player and I'll never get off of it.

As for the single best series of games for me: Castlevania! All three of them for the NES and I still have them. I also have Metroid for the NES that I just stumbled upon at the local thrift store. I bought it for $0.99!
    Ah, I forgot about Mario Cart. I never bought it, but I rented it ALOT. Super Metroid is HARD to find now days, I have seen them go for over $100 in mint condition on Ebay. I have one of the hardest NES games to find, Metal Gear. Got it at a thrift store for $3.00 bucks. I never was a fan of the Castlevania series, they were just too slow at first. I do miss the old school style of gameplay, whats wrong with a 2d side scroller on a 3d console? Those were the days when you weren't concerned with 50 hours of gameplay.

I LOVE Metal Gear! I have all the PlayStation versions and Metal Gear AC!D for my PSP! Ahh I gotta find that one for my new NES.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

I just got a Nintendo 64 on ebay a couple weeks ago because I wanted one but I never had one. It came with a whole bunch of good games too We have a Nintendo but I haven't used it in a long time and I don't even know if it works right anymore. And I have a Super Nintendo and Game Cube. Super Mario Kart is my favourite Super Nintendo game. I played it more then any other game.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156
    I got it and I practically stole everything because I bought it all in pieces. I got the console for $11, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt for $5, the controllers and all the cables for $26.50, and a new 72 pin connector for $10 because the console was sold "as is" so there's no guarentee it works. I still gotta find a light gun though so I can play Duck Hunt. For a grand total of $52.55 for everything and I still beat out the cheapest NES complete set by $30. They start out cheap but by the time the auction is ending they usually let go for close to $80 following trends I've been seeing. I'm very pleased.

Console, $11.00

Cables/Controllers, $26.54

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Track Meet, $5.03

New 72 pin connector replacement part, $9.98

But those other ones you were looking at were around $36. That's a lot less then $80. Glad you got everything you wanted tho. I know it sucks when you can't find what you're looking for.

Right but with shipping and everything they came to close to $80. You'd be surprised how much they go up in the last few seconds of the auction. People wait 'til there's like seconds left and they bombard them. That's what happened with my controllers and hook up cables. I woulda had them for $15 but some jerk tried to outbid me in the last 5 seconds and ended up making me spend an extra $10.

So they wanted $40 to ship them?? What a rip off! I had that happen to me too when I was trying to get some controllers for my Super Nintendo. It was a good price and all but then at the last second it just shot up. I could have bought them new for how much the auction ended for. I haven't bothered looking for them again I guess I should.

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by JC316
    I have got everyone beat so far. My systems:

1.Nintedo Entertainment System. THE BOMB in it's day. Saving you game is for sissies, you get a password if you are lucky. Blowing on the contacts and pulling the cartridge out a hair to make it work is a part of owning one. I will never forget this system.

2. Super NES. I had to have one because my rich friend had one. Two games defined this system. Super Metroid and Donkey Kong Country. I also remember hours of ass kicking at mortal kombat. I have 6 controllers and only 2 work due to temper tantrums.

3. Sega Genesis. Never had much use for this system, but the rich friend got sick of it and gave it to me.

4. Sega CD. This thing is ALOT of fun. Part of owning it is getting to the end of Space Ace and having it hit a scratch, there is no word to describe the HATRED for this glitch.

5. Playstation 1. See Sega Genesis, I loved having a rich friend.

6. N64. Zelda and Hexen were the best. I have spent HOURS playing Co-op in Hexen, me and the rich friend beat it at least 50 times. I am also undefeted in deathmatch, 25 wins 0 losses, no one wanted to play me anymore, so I retired as champ. Zelda was just the best game ever.

7. Dreamcast. The graphics were mind blowing. Soul Calibur and Resident evil code veronica. UNFREAKING BELIEVEABLE.

8. Gamecube. Resident Evil 4 and Metroid. Any questions?

9. Xbox. HALO, me say Haaaaloooo, kick elites ass and then we wanna go home.
    Gotcha beat.... Drop the Xbox, I have PS2 instead. (Not a Microsoft fan.) Then toss in 3D0... How's that for an oddball?

And as to the guy who started this thread, I might be willing to part with my NES collection. It's a dust collectoer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLvr400
    And as to the guy who started this thread, I might be willing to part with my NES collection. It's a dust collectoer these days.
    What do you have?

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

I had an Intellivision, but I sold it back at Christmas. I also have a single game Atari pong system, but I don't really count that as a system because you only have one game. I forgot my Gameboy advance too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.