The $6,600 tune up????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, The $6,600 tune up???? in General Discussion; My first detail (paint seal) since I got back from vacation was this beautiful Lambo Roadster convertible.I did it on ...
    turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The $6,600 tune up????

My first detail (paint seal) since I got back from vacation was this beautiful Lambo Roadster convertible.I did it on site at the dealer, one thing I noticed in the service area was this engine the mechanic was working on. I asked him where it was from and what he was doing to it. Turns out it is from a Ferarri and he was doing a 30,000 mile maintenence. Hmmm, I said so what does that cost? well, we bill at $185.00 an hour and it takes 36 hours for this car. Ferarri makes some of their models where you have to pull the engine to work on them. I guess I will scratch that car off my "want" list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Re: The $6,600 tune up????

Man, only a company like Ferarri could get away with something like that. Can you imagine going into a dealership in your new Cobalt and hearing they have to pull the engine in 30,000 miles? Haha, you'd scream bloody murder!

highonchai is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Seville Commemorative Edition, '69 Sed.Dev., '08 G6 GT

Apparently its par for the course with Ferrari owners... Kah-razy.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

My neighbor has a lamborghini countach 1988, every tune-up the engine is pulled out of the car, about every 4-5 years with the miles he drives, and it costs him 5k to 10k.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

....and people complain about the Northstar and it's headgaskets that blow after 60k miles or so, and case-half seals that leak!!!!

I was watching the Barrett-Jackson auction, and they mentioned that replacing a clutch on a Ferrari cost between $10 and $15 thousand!!! Do you know how many old Cadillacs I could buy for that money!

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    ....and people complain about the Northstar and it's headgaskets that blow after 60k miles or so, and case-half seals that leak!!!!
    You think guys that are dumping that kinda money for a Ferrari and then all that money for getting work done would be worried about a Caddy's headgaskets? I could see them now, "Oh shit my head gasket blew! What to do, what to do? Ehhh.....screw getting the gasket redone I'll just buy a new engine."

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

yeah, if these people will lay down $8,000 for a tune up, I am sure $8,000 for a new engine is nothing

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

This is why I don't think I'd ever buy an exotic, or anything I couldn't work on myself.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    I was watching the Barrett-Jackson auction, and they mentioned that replacing a clutch on a Ferrari cost between $10 and $15 thousand!!! Do you know how many old Cadillacs I could buy for that money!
    All subjective there buddy... 4000.00 for a case half reseal or 2500.00 for a headgasket job on an 8000.00 caddy is about on par with with a 6k tuneup on a 140,000.00 Ferrari.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Nice pics!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.