What Cad do you have, what have you had, what do you want?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What Cad do you have, what have you had, what do you want?! in General Discussion; OK, so right now I have one sort of nicer than mediocre Cadillac, a saddle 1981 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe with ...
    Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

What Cad do you have, what have you had, what do you want?!

OK, so right now I have one sort of nicer than mediocre Cadillac, a saddle 1981 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe with 235k miles, and one pretty darn decent Cadillac, a yellow 1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance with 63k miles.

Had a hand-me-down 1977 Sedan deVille in Hudson Bay Blue when in college in the late '80's that had no vinyl top and a big bench seat...loved that car!

The first Cadillac I bought on my own was a 1978 Fleetwood Limousine (non formal/no divider) in sterling blue with 29k miles back in '00. Next bought a sort of decent brown 1978 Sedan deVille d'Elegance with 109k. Then scored with a like new 1976 Fleetwood Brougham with 9,700 miles AND the dual airbag option in Florentine Gold Firemest. Then an average 1990 Brougham d'Elegance with 67k miles in gray with a 350. Then the '81 Brougham Coupe, which I still have now and, most recently the '79 Sedan deVille d'Elegance.

Would LOVE a '58 Series 62 convertible, '58 Fleetwood 60-special, '64 Fleetwood, '69 Fleetwood, '76 Fleetwood Talisman, '76 Fleetwood Formal Limousine, '84 Fleetwood Formal Limousine, '85 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible with some other engine than the HT4100, and, what I'd absolutely go crazy to have: '06 custom crafted DTS formal limo by S&S in candy apple red with styling like the old factory Cad Limo but NO vinyl! WOW! Let's go out for cocktails!

What do you all have/had/like??!!

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: What Cad do you have, what have you had, what do you want?!

Well, I have a '95 Fleetwood Brougham that I customized a bit to make it the kind of Cadillac I could live with. It's the first and most likely the last Cadillac for me. I have no wish to own any others. I never really wanted one but there was just something about these last gen. Fleetwoods that always made me think they were in some way special.

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K10

I have an 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance in mint condition as an all original stock cruiser. I want both a 69 Sedan de Ville or a 79 Coupe de Ville. I'm pretty close to a 79 right now all I need is a place to put it. I've never owned a Caddy before this one but my exgirlfriend had an 86 Sedan de Ville I used to drive sometimes.

BluEyes is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1970 Sedan deVille hardtop

I have a 1970 Sedan DeVille. Gold with a black vinyl top. Picked it up for a song and it has been a great car ever since. Probably worth 10x what I paid and the seats are more comfortable than my sofa...

This is the first Caddy I've owned.

I'd like to have a '69 or '70 Convertible Coupe DeVille with some more modern touches like an overdrive tranny, EFI, maybe some nitrous and a small blower just peeking through the hood
    I really like the late 40's coupes with the fastback body style, they look so sleek for a car of that age.
    Heck, most Caddies from the late 40's to '70 would be a treat to own. Don't care for the '59 as much though , fins are too big, sorry.
    The styling of the Seville roadsters from the early 80's has always appealed to me, but they're FWD, so not as cool. Maybe if it had a diesel though, that would be neat (have a diesel Benz which has really turned me on to the rattly engines)

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Have-1992 Sedan deVille

Want (In order of how much I want)
    * 90-92 Fleetwood Brougham d'elegance (preferably w/ 5.7 V8)
    * 77-78 Eldorado Biarritz
    * 97-99 Deville Concours
    * 74-76 Fleetwood Brougham
    * 93-94 Seville STS
    * 79-85 Eldorado Biarritz
    * 75-76 Coupe deVille (preferably with white leather)'

PS. Great thread idea!

Richard Miller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 sedan devile

i'm coming out of my sportscar stage and hitting my i want more room stage. As this is my first post I should Introduce myself. I am Richard and I am part of a long tradition of Caddy owners. In the fleet is a 1950 sedan deville, a 1974 eldorado (original owner, still smells new), a 1978 eldorado. and in our memories a 79 coupe deVille and my favorite. 1974 Sedan Deville. I am considering adding a mid ninties eldorado or fleetwood next year to my garage. I am really missing the big car feel. I have been driving an RX-7 until recently. Now my family car is a tracer. not the kind of quality I expect in a car. so here I am!

DopeStar 156 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 STS, 89 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 84 Chevy K10

This is a good thread. For more exposure I'm gonna move it to the lounge seeing as it's not really focusing on the RWD cars and I'm sure the other members would love to add their cars in.

Well now, if we're making lists.....

In order of desire....
    ~*~ 1969 Sedan de Ville, black
    ~*~ 1979 Coupe de Ville, tan or biege
    ~*~ 1970 Coupe de Ville, red
    ~*~ 1995 Fleetwood Brougham, red or black
    ~*~ 1981 Seville Elegante, two toned paint
    ~*~ 1981 Eldorado Biarritz, black
    ~*~ 1993 Sedan de Ville, gunmetal grey
    ~*~ 1976 Eldorado, gold
    ~*~ 1995 Sedan DeVille, blueish green
    ~*~ 2006 DTS, black

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

I've got my 1998 STS right now which I've had for over 3 years now.

I'm on a mission to get a 1996 Fleetwood Brougham (all black of course). I don't knwo when it will happen, but it will, and when it does happen, it will be one mean sleeper.

I'm also considering the future possibilty of an '06 CTS-V or even an '07 since I hear they will probably be redesigning the basic CTS form.

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I have a 99 Seville STS, an 04 Deville DHS, and a 99 Sedan Deville.

I've had a 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum, a 1993 Eldorado 4.9, a 1999 Escalade.

I would like the following:

1994-96 Fleetwood Brougham (with LT1 in triple black),
    1959 Eldorado
    1979 Coupe Deville
    1992 Brougham
    1993 Sixty Special
    2006 DTS Performance Package (looking into that soon)
    1993 Coupe Deville
    1991 FWD Fleetwood Coupe
    1992-98 Seville STS
    2002 Eldorado

Randy_W is offline Banned

I still have my '96 Seville, I always wanted one and 98000 miles later, I'm still happy. I previously had a '90 DeVille and a '62 DeVille. My mom and aunt have owned several that I have and do drive occasianally.
    I like a bunch of the new stuff, but the next one we buy will probably be an SRX for my wife. I'll buy used though, after owning over 30 new cars, I won't pay that depreciation any more for any brand of vehicle.

SpeedyArizona is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited

I have a 1999 Cadillac Eldorado, first car was a 1990 Cadillac Eldorado and I don't really want any certain model of Cadillac at the moment. Perhaps a Lexus?

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Wow..I'm surprised so many of you guys like the Land Yachts. They roll and pitch like small boats. They accelerate rather slowly and braking that mass is difficult. Now that I've pissed you guys off

I traded my 2001 Eldorado in on the '04 Cadillac CTS. Reason being Cadillac stop making Eldorados and I was ready for a new Cadillac. So here I am in my '04 CTS 3.6VVT. Next? Either a new CTS in '07 when the body change to supposed to be or maybe move up to the NorthStar powered STS. I'm a performance oriented car owner and make demands on my car. I've already have $4,000 worth of Mods on this CTS. A DeVille just could accomplish what I want. I feel like I should be wearing a chaffeur's hat.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

got a 94 deville .....

want a V .....CTS-V

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    got a 94 deville .....
    want a V .....CTS-V
    Did you know you can get the STS with a SuperCharged NorthStar rated at 469HP!!
    It's got some extra weight over the CTS-V but the extra 69HP should move it past the 400HP of the V.

Slywun is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I've got a CTS-V (my first Cadillac), although I've been a fan of the Allante and the previous generation Eldorado. I would love the XLR-V - maybe someday......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.