Can I negotiate any more on the price of this ATS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Can I negotiate any more on the price of this ATS? in General Discussion; I also posted in the ATS forum but it seems like this forum gets more traffic and pricing is a ...
    tonio5555 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can I negotiate any more on the price of this ATS?

I also posted in the ATS forum but it seems like this forum gets more traffic and pricing is a pretty general topic.

I qualify for GM employee discount pricing (I'm not an employee, long story). I am looking at an ATS and here is the quote I have right now.

2014 ATS 2.0T RWD Luxury

MSRP approx $42,590.

Employee Pricing $38,455

- $3,000 cash rebate

Total: $35,455 before taxes and fees.

I know it's a good deal on paper but it's honestly still more than I want to spend. How much lower could I get this price? I would really like to get it down to around $32,500 or less before taxes and fees. Is this possible? I know there is a "rock bottom" at which the dealer won't actually make money on the sale but I don't know where that is. Does anyone have insight on that?

I suppose I could always call another Cadillac dealer and see if they're willing to beat this price for the same car. The salesman I'm working with now really tried to stress to me that since I'm getting employee pricing that there was no need for me to cross shop other dealers, however if it's possible for me to get that price lower that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Can I negotiate any more on the price of this ATS?

Wait till the Fall clearance when most likely these cars will be left overs and even better incentives will come into play. You can also go to AAA and for small fee find out what the dealer prices is supposed to be. Also check the Cadillac site for any "regional" incentives that can added to your employee discount.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Yep ^^^^

The "2015" model year production lines will start up some time late this month or in early August. Come September there will be more "incentives" for a "2014".

tonio5555 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The thing is my "employee" discount is only good until the end of August. I'm also a little picky about what colors and options I'd like.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

The production of 2015 model year has already started and you can find 2015 ATS on dealership's lot now. As of today, Autotrader.com lists 420 '15 ATS.

I agree with previous posters that there might be more incentives for '14 model years if you wait, however, if this employee discount is good till August, I would say go for it! I really doubt that the future additional incentives could be as good as this "employee discount."

I am going to assume that employee discount and cash rebate are both offered by the manufacture, therefore you might be able to get some additional discount from the dealership itself too. There is no general rule or even rule of thumb about how much a dealer will or could give discount. It depends on the local demand, how many cars the dealership has, how desperate the dealership is to get rid of the cars, etc. Your best bet is to contact as many dealers as possible, and get their best prices, and keep negotiating.

P.S: You got very good replies and answers from your previous thread in ATS section. There is no need for or point in posting redundant threads.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Also, if you have more than one dealership in your area, it is always good to take the price offered by the first dealership to the second and see what they can counter offer. At the end of the day, they are happy if the car leaves the lot, even if they have to discount it.

I've been known to do this and it works well, however this depends on how many dealerships are in the area. Ford Dealerships seem a tad more common than Cadillac dealerships.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

^^^ Yeah, we have one Cadillac dealership in Richmond the serves all of central Virginia. Both BMW and Mercedes have two each .... kind of tells you something doesn't it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.