So I ended up switching gears again... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, So I ended up switching gears again... in General Discussion; The 320 is plenty good for pulling the weight of the car around, believe me, its the 280 thats crap. ...
    mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: So I ended up switching gears again...

The 320 is plenty good for pulling the weight of the car around, believe me, its the 280 thats crap.

The 350D is okay, just not as refined as a 320, it was the most luxurious German taxi, really go for the 320 already.

The 500 and 600 are great, but the fuel costs are silly, im only getting a 600 because its a pleasure car, i chose the 320 as a daily driver back in 94, and now they make even more sense.......

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

When I used to take my S600 for service at the dealership, they used to give me a S320 as a loaner. I was surprised how well the engine pulled the big car, especialy the SWB version. You have less to worry about with the S320 because it lacks the expensive air suspension and sensors. Also, the inline 6 cylinder parts are MUCH cheaper than the 8 or 12 (plus there are so many used engines available because it was used throughout the MB lines). I think you should go with a S320, put a S600 grill, AMG Monoblocks, and enjoy it! Try to go for a 1997-1999 if you can.

The W140 has depreciated greatly and they are an excellent buy. I cannot see them getting cheaper than what they are now. I just looked at KBB value for my car and it makes me shiver just thinking about what I paid for the car back in 2000.. then again cars are not an investment unless they are antiques.

Goodluck!

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Almost got into that S Type R but just decided I like money so I wanted something on the cheap again. Then I realized you can get a nice clean example of a 1995-ish Mercedes Benz S Class (W140) for around 7-8k. It has to be 95 or newer because most of the parts are interchangeable between those years, particularly the headlights, which can be converted to Xenon with a swap from a 99. I have to admit, these things have some pretty luxurious amenities in them, like carpeted knee bolsters and vanity mirrors in the ceiling for the rear passengers.

Ive seen many between 75-145k in very very well kept condition. And not having a car payment ill be able to easily afford the maintenance costs. I was really wanting to go with the Mark VIII, but for the Mark VIII I want itll be at least 9 to 10k no matter what, and I dont want any high mileage Lincolns or Cadillacs. BMWs of that age I trust even less... sorry BMW.

Heres a couple I was looking at:

Heres a 95 with 144k miles S420

Heres another 95 with 72k miles S320

Those are on ebay for about 6500 and 8000 respectively.

get the 95 with 72 k....that is the ill SH1TTTT!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Im still looking at those and W126s. Im supposed to go look at a 93 400SEL today with only 80k miles on it. They are asking the moon for it but it might be worth it depending on the condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Im still looking at those and W126s. Im supposed to go look at a 93 400SEL today with only 80k miles on it. They are asking the moon for it but it might be worth it depending on the condition.

They have those small ariels that slide out of the trunklid when you engage reverse.....so you can see where the end of the car is

They were replaced on later models with distance sensors

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Expect to pay the same if not more for a clean w126 560 SEL or 420 SEL as you would for a w140. The gentleman who bought my 1989 560 SEL from me years ago just sold it for $7000 and it had 162,000 miles!

http://www.logovaz-belyaevo.ru/conte...%20340x280.jpg

just the parking aid i was talking about

well if it came to W126 Vs W140 i think i would HAVE to be the W140, they are indestructable, and the reputation of reliabilty with MB came after these cars, so they both fall into the "mercedes benz bulletproof" era

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

so what happened to the jaguar?
    I thought you won that ebay auction.....did you back out?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.