Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD! in General Discussion; ^^^ Cadillac should stay out of Europe until they are willing to commit the resources (human and financial) to provide ...
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD!

^^^ Cadillac should stay out of Europe until they are willing to commit the resources (human and financial) to provide the kind of dealer service (with enough locations) to provide for good ongoing maintenance and repair of the vehicles they sell in that market. From what we hear from our European members Cadillac has failed miserably in giving European buyers of Cadillacs a positive experience with the Cadillacs they have bought.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Re: Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I actually like the design features of the new Cadillacs.

The complaints I have with the design of the XTS are the slope back roof, which make entry/egress more difficult, and the fact that the four corners are recessed in from the actual width and length of the vehicle, decreasing trunk size and making it look like a much smaller car than it is.

I also have a problem with such a large car, in a luxury line, that has a rear seat where when you sit in it you have little or no room to move your legs around or change seating position to avoid fatigue.

I wish they (All manufacturers for that matter.) would give more importance to the interior design and comfort of passengers than they do to the aerodynamics. I would much rather have comfort and room, than another couple MPG.
    I have to agree with you on the XTS. The back roof lines and edges could be sharper.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post

The ATS should not be priced above the C-Class or 3-Series. I haven't done any price checking but if that's really the case - that's a mistake. The ATS is not an all around "better" car. It's great - but not the best - and should be priced accordingly.
    It is not! You might (and will) be able to build a fully loaded ATS that is expensive than a base, stripped down C lass or 3 series, however, when you build C class, A4, and the 3 series with the same option lists, ATS is normally the cheapest one. And in addition to it it, Cadillac has been giving huge incentives on leasing or purchasing ATS, which reduces the price of ATS even more.

----------

Personally I think they'd be better of staying out of Europe until they can get a lot of sales from the Chinese - which is the fastest growing market for automobiles at the moment...
    Totally agree, and sales figures confirms your opinion too! European market size for cars is shrinking, and the market is too competitive! Too many good European brands there and it would be hard to get a segment of the market.

On the other side, the Chinese car market size is exponentially increasing, with special thanks to the growing middle class. If it wasn't for the Chinese market, Buick and Cadillac could be out of business by now!

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

You're uncomfortable in the back of an S550?
    Don't know, never tried one. I will get a chance when I start shopping for a replacement for the Volvo. MB has about the only decent sized 4 place convertible with a cloth top.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Transaction prices for Cadillacs are way up. GM is trying to cater to a real luxury buyer, not just bargain hunters.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Transaction prices for Cadillacs are way up. GM is trying to cater to a real luxury buyer, not just bargain hunters.
    On one hand that's great. I feel Cadillac's SHOULD be out of reach for "most" Americans. It should be a brand you STRIVE to own. However, I think they may be increasing prices too quickly.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Let's face it "exclusivity" is a prime ingredient of "luxury" with cars price and availability are what limits ownership to a select few. Leasing and easy credit made new and nearly new Cadillacs available to any American with a steady job. Cars in general, and Cadillacs in particular, are no longer icons of luxury among those who can afford real "exclusivity."

delerium75 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 STS, 1992 Fleetwood, 1987 Maxima wagon

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Let's face it "exclusivity" is a prime ingredient of "luxury" with cars price and availability are what limits ownership to a select few. Leasing and easy credit made new and nearly new Cadillacs available to any American with a steady job. Cars in general, and Cadillacs in particular, are no longer icons of luxury among those who can afford real "exclusivity."
    Yeah, if you want exclusivity, you're better off getting an '88-'91 STS.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    For many years, Cadillac purposely limited production to a level slightly below demand, so that a new Cadillac would never be too easy to buy.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro-Ham View Post
    I saw an XTS up close yesterday, in red, simply awful proportions and lines. Also saw a white CTS coupe with a hind end that was so enormous I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The Lincoln MKZ is appearing everywhere and its attractive flowing shape is quite a contrast.
    The XTS far outsells the MKZ in the northeast. As for attractive, flowing shape, that does not include the Lego rear end. And atrocious back seat room. You obviously never sat in one. St least Cadillac gives you room...

Not that I'm expecting you to be unbiased...

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

The XTS far outsells the MKZ in the northeast. As for attractive, flowing shape, that does not include the Lego rear end. And atrocious back seat room. You obviously never sat in one. St least Cadillac gives you room...

Not that I'm expecting you to be unbiased...
    I trust you as an authority on bias since you never give up defending the mediocre XTS - seemingly only because Cadillac produced it.

How does the MKZ sell in the southeast? The wildly popular Legoland is only a couple hours away from here which may explain why I see the MKZ everywhere every day.

I am still hoping and waiting for something better from Cadillac.

I trust you as an authority on bias since you never give up defending the mediocre XTS - seemingly only because Cadillac produced it.

How does the MKZ sell in the southeast? The wildly popular Legoland is only a couple hours away from here which may explain why I see the MKZ everywhere every day.

I am still hoping and waiting for something better from Cadillac.
    Well, as someone who has been driving Lincolns for close to two decades, I may be biased but I know what I'm talking about.

And since I've actually spent time inside each of these Cadillac and Lincoln offerings, I know what I'm talking about. The back seat room of the MKZ is atrocious. The CTS has a better back seat. The XTS destroys it in room.

What now?

----------

Ever been in the back of an MKS or an MKT? The MKS is a huge car. Yet back seat room is also awful. I borrowed my brother's MKS as my Town Car was in the shop. If anyone of any height was behind me, I was adjusting my seat forward.

The MKT Town Car has much more space a they removed the third row and fixed the second further back. But, like the MKS and Taurus and Flex, you sit way too high. Instead of enjoying the room in the MKT, your feet fall straight to the floor. And you have a nice, big C pillar crouching over your shoulder.

In my industry, I'll buy what's best. Is that a Cadillac? Right now, that's option #2. A Hyundai Equus is #1.

Biased? Sure. But factual...
    gdwriter likes this.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    In my industry, I'll buy what's best. Is that a Cadillac? Right now, that's option #2. A Hyundai Equus is #1.
    You'd better be joining my Equus forum.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    The back seat seems to be all there is to herald the XTS. Cadillac needs more than that. Enjoy the hyundai revolution. I hope Cadillac wakes up and survives this.

----------

In wishing for a better day at Cadillac, may I also add the hyundai equs is more unappealing than the XTS.

You'd better be joining my Equus forum.
    If I do, you know I will...
    Lord Cadillac likes this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

The back seat seems to be all there is to herald the XTS. Cadillac needs more than that. Enjoy the hyundai revolution. I hope Cadillac wakes up and survives this.

----------

In wishing for a better day at Cadillac, may I also add the hyundai equs is more unappealing than the XTS.
    I have to say I like the new Equus. The grille redesign was much needed. Makes the car look much more substantial and expensive. The XTS continues to be quite a nice Buick.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.