Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD! - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD! in General Discussion; Because Tacky landau vinyl tops and wire wheels were so stylish....
    CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD!

Because Tacky landau vinyl tops and wire wheels were so stylish.
    gdwriter likes this.

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    Because Tacky landau vinyl tops and wire wheels were so stylish.
    Vinyl tops on new Cadillacs remain very popular here in the sunshine state.

Hopefully sometime in our lifetimes we will be here on the forum chuckling confidently about how this or that automaker totally copied any one of a great model line of Cadillacs. Until then, keep the cocktails coming!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Because old people still exist. Glad you could find those of common interests.

As for the ATS, the rear looks almost identical to the 2nd gen CTS. That car had no problems selling...

bigburban is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sts-v 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    People spend too much time complaining on forums instead of going out and driving.
    Best post ever!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD!

I think Cadillac could use a full-size premium luxury sedan for those looking for something bigger than a CTS and with more panache than an XTS. The XTS is "nice" but really doesn't compare to leaders in the segment. I think this would/could be an aspirational vehicle for Cadillac owners and enthusiasts - and would bring more people into Cadillac showrooms and probably put more customers into cars like the ATS, CTS and others.

This car should have an adjustable suspension so that people wanting a floaty ride can have it - and those who want a stiffer ride can have that as well...
    77CDV likes this.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I wonder if such a car would end up like the Acura RL, an interesting and well done automobile that fails to attract buyers who can afford to buy a new higher priced automobile. Perhaps it would be better for Cadillac to develop and produce a personal luxury car like the last series Sevilles. Despite some quality issues , especially for second and third hand buyers, the last two series Sevilles were a bright spot in an otherwise downward trending Cadillac market.
    ben.gators likes this.

I really don't see that happening. Cadillac already has an RL - the XTS. Unless, of course, they fail on execution. But I do know what you mean. I am an example in the way that I really wanted to buy a CTS V-Sport but I just could not pull the trigger on it. I don't know what it was for sure. I don't like the appearance of the sides on the new CTS. That's one reason. Maybe if the CTS-V was available, I'd be in it. I don't know. But it wasn't - and I ended up with an E63 AMG - and there's not a single thing I "don't" like about it.

Isn't the CTS Coupe a personal luxury coupe? They have the ATS Coupe for that - and maybe even another CTS Coupe (not sure about that). What they're missing is a true full-size premium car. The XTS isn't that car.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

The CTS and ATS coupes really are not so called "luxury" coupes, but really just mid market coupes for the mid level executive class buyer. The V version really just cater to automotive press junkies among us who performance and are willing to sacrifice comfort and rear seat viability to that end.

I agree that a full sized Cadillac entry level ($90,000 base) luxury car is really needed, but it would only succeed if the car's styling were truly outstanding. Perhaps a refinement of the "Sixteen" (one keeping all the proportions and simple elegance of the show car) would get the job done. The current overworked to death high sided, slit windowed, faux coupe plus icing sculpted side treatment will never do. Those that can afford to purchase a car in the category to challenge the present sellers in this class will have to deliver something different, just as the fourth series Seville did back in the early nineties.

I remember back in the mid nineties Cadillac used to sponsor, or at least display the Seville, at polo matches and "A" level horse shows in Southern California. The parking lots and stabling areas were full of Mercedes, BMW's, Lexus sedans and coupes and numerous Rolls/Bentleys (always a few Azure's). The Seville on display always seem to draw admiring lookers and generated a lot of positive conversation ..... and I would think many eventual buyers. What is needed now is a car that will generate the same kind of attention and enthusiasm among those that can afford to buy a car in this price class. Let's face it the higher priced marketplace is not, presently, a place where exciting looking luxury cars are competing. Even the Jaguar XJ sedans are boring also ran's among the styling mediocrities offered today.

Cadillac is "mid-level luxury" - so you're right about the ATS and CTS Coupes. However, THEY are Cadillac's luxurious coupe offering at this point in time. They're "competitive". The CTS-V and ATS-V are there to give Americans something to be proud of - and I think they do a good job. They're not "best in segment" in every way - but they're excellent - which is good for Cadillac since they'd been asleep for so long.

The Cadillac Sixteen's design has been outdated for a long tine now. I won't even bother discussing it further. The Elmiraj is the new design language moving forward. Take it or leave it.

The Seville was a nice car (I LOVED it) - but it was nothing compared to the high-end cars at the "A" level horse shows in Southern California. If this happened anywhere but America, nobody would have noticed. Americans were proud to see a "Cadillac", one of their 'own', at the show. That was all. It was a nice looking, decently powered, comfortable front wheel drive sedan - with a badge that all the old people used to be fond of...

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

In today's change-it-this-year model offerings the Cadillac marque has succumbed to the "latest and greatest" marketing ploy. "Cadillac" is no longer Cadillac - it is a more mass-produced offering from GM, Inc. A manufacturer - any manufacturer - comes out with a grille, body lines, tail treatment that is marketed as "the latest" and every other marque follows suit. Curious that the Germans, Japanese, Koreans, Italians and maybe Bavarians lead the field in plain, flat, good-looking styling for automobiles. As in everything else the U.S. sucks hind t i t when it comes to anything original. Star Wars angular sculpting ? That died with 2001: A Space Odyssey. The current Cadillac offerings are tacky at best, ugly at worst. An off-pearl-white CTS looks like a sculpted banana. Darth Vader drove the black ones 35 years ago.

Bottom line: If I want a Cadillac, I want a Cadillac. If I want a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, 440 6-pack, Ford GT or Corvette, I'll buy one.

Just passed a new CTS. It's getting more and more attractive everytime I see one.

Cadillac is doing things right. If you guys don't like it, that's too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Just passed a new CTS. It's getting more and more attractive everytime I see one.

Cadillac is doing things right. If you guys don't like it, that's too bad...
    Too bad for Cadillac...

I "like" it...

You're such a sellout, Sal...

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

I never said the new Cadillac styling vocabulary was unattractive. To the contrary, I think they look good. I just find them overpriced relative to their content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Cadillac is "mid-level luxury" - so you're right about the ATS and CTS Coupes. However, THEY are Cadillac's luxurious coupe offering at this point in time. They're "competitive". The CTS-V and ATS-V are there to give Americans something to be proud of - and I think they do a good job. They're not "best in segment" in every way - but they're excellent - which is good for Cadillac since they'd been asleep for so long.

The Cadillac Sixteen's design has been outdated for a long tine now. I won't even bother discussing it further. The Elmiraj is the new design language moving forward. Take it or leave it.

The Seville was a nice car (I LOVED it) - but it was nothing compared to the high-end cars at the "A" level horse shows in Southern California. If this happened anywhere but America, nobody would have noticed. Americans were proud to see a "Cadillac", one of their 'own', at the show. That was all. It was a nice looking, decently powered, comfortable front wheel drive sedan - with a badge that all the old people used to be fond of...

I can't see how you can call the Sixteen dated and not see that the Ciel and the Elmiraj are merely variations on the same design theme, no great design breakthroughs to be seen on later two. I personally prefer the notch back treatment of Sixteen, although it could do with wider side windows.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.