Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD! in General Discussion; The voters were mostly Cadillac enthusiasts, then mostly car enthusiasts in general - with I believe two non-automobile enthusiasts in ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD!

The voters were mostly Cadillac enthusiasts, then mostly car enthusiasts in general - with I believe two non-automobile enthusiasts in the mix.

Again, the front bumper/fascia is the face of the car. It's the most popular deciding factor when people purchase an automobile based on appearance.

How often does Cadillac (or any manufacturer) change the design of a car's face after 2 model years?
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Re: Cadillac Sales Down by 2.3%...with the ATS and XTS down by over 20%...NOT GOOD!

Audi and BMW do face-lifting after at least 3 years, I believe. But face-lifting hasn't been a common practice for Cadillac. The only facelift that I can remember in recent years was for STS which happened in 2008. We were surprised in ATS section when we heard the news of fecelift. So you relate this early facelift to the fact that Cadillac is not happy with sales figures and blames it on the front bumper/fascia?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

For an entry level "luxury" car with "Cadillac" badges it's not the worst looking car on the road, but - from this collage - Cadillac has fooled with the frontal picture quite a bit.

Depending on mileage/trim you can find a decent used one from $19K to ~$32K.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cadi...&bih=620&dpr=1

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    Audi and BMW do face-lifting after at least 3 years, I believe. But face-lifting hasn't been a common practice for Cadillac. The only facelift that I can remember in recent years was for STS which happened in 2008. We were surprised in ATS section when we heard the news of fecelift. So you relate this early facelift to the fact that Cadillac is not happy with sales figures and blames it on the front bumper/fascia?
    Changing the front and sometimes rear fascia is common at 3 years as cars don't often last much past 6 years (usually) before major design changes. But 2 years? That's rare...

The "face" is not the only issue that's causing slow sales - but one of the issues - in my opinion. And apparently, Cadillac's. Otherwise they would not have changed it so soon...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Yeah, it's hard to disguise what is an essentially mid-market entry level executive car as a Cadillac!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I think their biggest problem is marketing. I honestly would steal BMW's "Ultimate Driving Machine" under the presumption that BMW is falsely advertising.

Watch sparks fly.

Pay penalties.

Watch sales take off.

Grow a pair, Cadillac!
    ryannel2003 likes this.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Just don't use "The Caddy that zigs ...........!"
    gdwriter, 77CDV, Aron9000 and 1 others like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    So they were a generation late.

wut.

"The Caddy that floats" doesn't help either. That old image is a problem and Cadillac is trying hard to get rid of that image!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    "The Caddy that floats" doesn't help either. That old image is a problem and Cadillac is trying hard to get rid of that image!
    Yes, run from 112 years of heritage. That's always a recipe for success.
    talismandave likes this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I am happy to spend Cadillac's $100 they paid me for the test drive.

I am also glad they are doing so well they can turn their back on my $60,000,....of wait that's right we were talking sagging sales.
    77CDV likes this.

cadillac_guy21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Dts
    Very informative thread

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance
    These current new Cadillacs will never hit the sales heights that were once the norm a few decades ago when the brand was highly popular.

CTS looks like a Hyundai E Class although with classic vertical traditional taillights and flashy chrome grille, but they look like they were pasted on as an afterthought yet they are nevertheless there which makes me think the old school, embarrassing to some, Cadillacs of yesteryear are still living rent free in the minds of the folks at Cadillac. They haven't yet figured out that what they keep making isn't now and will not ever make hearts pound with desire. Not that many generations ago everything they made tickled and turned on luxury car buyers by the thousands.

Most buyers who covet german cars will always choose the genuine article, not some strangely awkward facsimile, when it comes time to pressing hard to sign the sales contract and transfer the hard earned $ from savings.

When Cadillac gets the confidence and initiative to build truly great and unique American cars, in whatever form they can imagine that to be, I predict a sales renaissance for the brand we all would like to cheer for! Cadillac, get with it and lead the way!
    orconn, talismandave and CaddyGas like this.

When I was an undergraduate student, I lived in a dormitory. There was a small mini market in the dorm. One day the owner asked me "what would be a good new product to bring?" I love pickles. So I answered everyone and I love pickles. Bring them. The next day there was a barrel full of pickles. One week later, when I was passing the mini market, I could smell the strong odor. The next week the owner had no option but to leave the barrel (which was still full of pickles) outside because of the odor. And eventually mold started to grow. I am not sure that I bought half a pound of pickles or I didn't buy at all! I still feel guilty and bad about it!

Now I am wondering if Cadillac builds a new floaty Cadillac, how many of you (and others) will actually show up in the dealerships to buy one?

Please don't get me wrong! I believe Cadillac MUST build a full sized, RWD Cadillac with a V-8 engine; I am very optimistic that the car (Ciel or Elmiraj maybe?) can be a hit. But I really don't think that the market size for this kind of big, floaty cars is big enough to dedicate the entire line up of Cadillac for this segment.

And again, please don't get me wrong, I consider myself a big fan of old Cadillacs. I loved my Seville STS, but I like my ATS! I appreciate and admire Fleetwood Brougham and I have its poster on my wall. But I am not going to get one to use it as my DD. A modern, small, light weighted, zippy Cadillac ATS serves my needs better. And that is why I got one!
    gdwriter, orconn and Hoosier Daddy like this.

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If they BUILT a Cadillac I'll be in line.
    77CDV likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.