Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New 2000 DTS owner

504 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
HI everyone i'm new on this and i'm kind of lost for now lol but i have a beautiful cadillac 2000 deville DTS! I find this forum really interesting.

#3 ·
Re: New

HIYA !!!! Welcome to the Looney Bin. Deville Touring Sedan is a fun car. Surf through the sticky posts in each forum of interest, and study the entire Cadillac Technical Archive way up ^^^ in the top black bar. When all else fails, read the owner's manual. There's a ton of info in Engines, Northstar and in Discussions, Item Specific.

Your car is calibrated to run 87 octane gasoline and 5W-30 engine oil of whatever type floats your boat. It takes exactly 7.5 quarts of oil with filter. DO NOT pour snake oil and magic potions into the gas tank, engine oil, coolant or power steering fluid.

Proper oil level is here on the dipstick - < === ADD XXXXXXXXXX <--- OPERATING RANGE ======//======O

Proper coolant level is halfway up in the surge tank, cold.
Please perform proper underhood checks at least weekly - Don't wait for the car to scream "HELP !" in the DIC.

Please read the "Acronyms" sticky in the Deville forum - you'll need to know what we're throwing at you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.