Two Day Warning
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By talismandave
  • 1 Post By talismandave
  • 1 Post By bigm57ict
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Two Day Warning in General Discussion; Only two days left (today and tomorrow) to get $100 for test thrashing a CTS-V (or any other new Cadillac). ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Two Day Warning

Only two days left (today and tomorrow) to get $100 for test thrashing a CTS-V (or any other new Cadillac).

The program started March 1st and runs thru April 30. Sign up on the Cadillac web site and show the selected dealer you own an insured 10 year old (or newer) NON-Cadillac (registration and insurance). Take a test drive of any new Cadillac and wait a few weeks for your $100 prepaid VISA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Re: Two day warning

Dang, my STS is too old

Quote Originally Posted by EcSTSatic View Post
    Dang, my STS is too old
    And it might be a Cadillac!

CTSV_Rob is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Hmm... May need to sign up for this...

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    And it might be a Cadillac!
    Missed that part. It's the newest car I own
    Was there a lot of pressure sales? Seems like they would work hard to get their $100 worth out of lookers.

Quote Originally Posted by EcSTSatic View Post
    Was there a lot of pressure sales? Seems like they would work hard to get their $100 worth out of lookers.
    I never got a single follow-up call, email or anything else in the 3-4 weeks since I did the test drive. But I did tell them I would not be buying a car until the end of 2014 at the earliest and was testing one now instead of later just because of the $100. FWIW, they probably noticed that there are 3 Cadillac dealers closer to my home than they were. Also FWIW, the dealers probably don't put up a dime of the $100.

Not owning a newer non-Cadillac wouldn't have stopped me but the insurance would have. In my state its just $12 to transfer/modify a title. So I could have roped a friend into adding me to their title and then removing me after the test. Sure I would only net $76 that way and have to find a friend with TWO non-Cadillacs who didn't know about the promotion so he could also get $100 and not insist I split my $76 with him but I love the challenge. Unfortunately, its not so simple/cheap/easy to put the one-day car on my insurance.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Just signed up on website and got a call 2 min later. Turns out the sales manager at my local dealer is the son of a guy I worked with for 7 years at the Pontiac dealership and he recognized my name from 29 years ago!

His dad was the number one Pontiac salesman in the state quite a few years. His walls were lined with awards from Pontiac. Anyway, tomorrow I go see little "Mikey K" and test drive an XTS!

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Well, took Guido on a field trip today.

Figured I would class up the joint a little.

Well, I decided when I got there to drive the ATS instead of the XTS. With the ATS being the probable model that will be made into a convertible first, I thought I had best try it and see if it would be something I would replace the Volvo with.

When I arrived at 5 PM, I was afraid it might be busy being the last day of the offer and after people were off work.

The showroom was empty. The only people in site were in the two offices facing the showroom. There was a man behind each desk, and one othe person in one of the guest chairs. I was impressed that I wasn't swarmed by salesmen when I walked in.

That happy feeling waned and disappeared completely over the next 15 minutes without being greeted. By reading the names on the office windows I determined that the sales manager I was there to see was, the man who had someone with him in his office. As he finished and was leaving I realized he wasn't a customer, he was another employee.

Even then after waiting a few more minutes, I was still not greeted. I guess I didn't look worthy of a Cadillac. I finally gave up and went in and introduced myself to the sales manager.

We talked old times and old friends and such for a while, and old Cadillacs a while longer and then he introduced me to a very nice and knowledgeable young salesman. He picked out a nicely equipped base model with luxury over performance as I explained in my priorities.

So, My opinion of the car as a replacement to an '04 C70 Volvo?

First thing was I sat down into it. Which meant at some point I had to get up out of it. The younger people here will probably think I am making a big deal out of nothing, but I am past the days where that is something I enjoy doing 5 or 6 times a day when running errands. (And if I were going to, it would be for an Allante or XLR, not an ATS.)

I was very comfortable in the drivers seat, and very impressed with the quality of all the surfaces, and look of the interior. I also found all the controls to be obvious and easy to work without coaching. (Even for a dinosaur like me!)

As we were pulling out of the lot we hit a 1997 Denver mint dime that was face up...and three pieces of gravel 5/16" diameter. I could feel it in the bottom of the seat.

On the road I found the car to have very good pick-up and the ride was good for a small car. It actually seemed to handle bigger road imperfections better than small ones. Overall though, it was not as damped and soft as my Volvo. The tires also seemed to not only transmit the bumps directly to my posterior, but also seemed to provide road music to the cabin. Granted, I would normally had the radio up loud enough to drowned it out, but without radio on, it was noticeable.
    I ask him about the tire size and if they were the smoothest ones offered. He explained they were and then switched the car to Touring mode from Sport. The ride got noticeably smoother and on par with my 10 year old Volvo.

The only other thing I noticed was a rather anemic whine from the exhaust on acceleration. That would also be easily adjustable with a radio knob.
    Found out later why the ride was less than cushy, (Other than the Sport mode.) RUN FLAT TIRES....no spare.

So, overall I was impressed with it and can see why so many of the younger folks love them. If I were in the market for that size vehicle I would be too. It is even possible that if made in a convertible I would put up the the small things I didn't care for just to have a Cadillac convertible. However.........then we went in and looked at the XTS.

I didn't drive it, but looking at and sitting in it in the showroom, I loved it. I would think it is much more likely that I would replace the Volvo with one of those. Amazing car inside. Seats that I think would rival any for long distance travel. Loved the pull out bottom cushion to support your leg! Felt like my recliner at home. Great trunk, and fold down rear seats. A sunroof that covers the entire roof. Yeah, I could see myself in one of these.

I didn't have the time today to drive one, but I will be going back to do that. I think I am hooked.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Well, took Guido on a field trip today...........

So, overall I was impressed with it and can see why so many of the younger folks love them. If I were in the market for that size vehicle I would be too. It is even possible that if made in a convertible I would put up the the small things I didn't care for just to have a Cadillac convertible. However.........then we went in and looked at the XTS.

I didn't drive it, but looking at and sitting in it in the showroom, I loved it. I would think it is much more likely that I would replace the Volvo with one of those. Amazing car inside. Seats that I think would rival any for long distance travel. Loved the pull out bottom cushion to support your leg! Felt like my recliner at home. Great trunk, and fold down rear seats. A sunroof that covers the entire roof. Yeah, I could see myself in one of these.

I didn't have the time today to drive one, but I will be going back to do that. I think I am hooked.
    Enough about the cars... What are you going to do with the $100?

bigm57ict is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

Pay for gas for all these trips to the dealer for test drives.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigm57ict View Post
    Pay for gas for all these trips to the dealer for test drives.
    Only if the sales person insists on being with you on the test drive. If they don't, you just siphon the test drive car gas into Jerry cans you stashed a block away from the dealer. Then you tack weld your beater's VIN plate over the test car's and report your beater car stolen followed by an anonymous tip it was seen parked in the dealer lot. Actually you should only do one or the other or you will have just stolen your own gas when the test drive car is returned to you as your recovered beater. Imagine how dumb I felt the first time I did that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.