Does anyone like the high sided, skinny windowed, fastback styling of today? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Does anyone like the high sided, skinny windowed, fastback styling of today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by 99flhr For the ultimate in looking out tank slot windows, try a Toyota FJ, like driving a ...
    Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Re: Does anyone like the high sided, skinny windowed, fastback styling of today?

Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr View Post
    For the ultimate in looking out tank slot windows, try a Toyota FJ, like driving a mobile bunker.
    I like how that's supposed to be a great off-roader. Kind of impossible to maneuver when the visibility is so piss poor and its hard to judge the front and rear corners of the truck. Plus its way too wide to fit down a lot of trails.

I can put up with crappy visibility if its some radically styled, cool looking sports car like that CTS-V pictured. In your ho-hum sedan or SUV, this new high beltline, small window, poor visibility crap sucks. Worst offender is the Ford Taurus. For such a big car, it feels VERY clausterphobic inside. The previous 500 sedan was the same size but a lot bigger inside with huge windows.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: Does anyone like the high sided, skinny windowed, fastback styling of today?

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    I like how that's supposed to be a great off-roader. Kind of impossible to maneuver when the visibility is so piss poor and its hard to judge the front and rear corners of the truck. Plus its way too wide to fit down a lot of trails.

I can put up with crappy visibility if its some radically styled, cool looking sports car like that CTS-V pictured. In your ho-hum sedan or SUV, this new high beltline, small window, poor visibility crap sucks. Worst offender is the Ford Taurus. For such a big car, it feels VERY clausterphobic inside. The previous 500 sedan was the same size but a lot bigger inside with huge windows.
    Visibility?

greencadillacmatt likes this.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Well when you can run over any other vehicle on the road, it doesn't really matter, now does it?

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

^But with that, the terrain just conforms to you lol. Don't think that accidentally backing into that tree you didn't see is really going to matter with that beast. With the FJ, that's going to leave a good battle scar.

All I'm saying is the FJ is the closest thing Toyota sells in the US market to a Jeep Wrangler. And its a pathetic pile IMO compared to a Wrangler. A last gen, reg cab, 4wd Tacoma is a much more capable vehicle off-road than anything Toyota makes now.

I miss the old late 80's/early 90's Suzuki Samurai. That was the last real Jeep Wrangler competitor.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    ^But with that, the terrain just conforms to you lol. Don't think that accidentally backing into that tree you didn't see is really going to matter with that beast. With the FJ, that's going to leave a good battle scar.

All I'm saying is the FJ is the closest thing Toyota sells in the US market to a Jeep Wrangler. And its a pathetic pile IMO compared to a Wrangler. A last gen, reg cab, 4wd Tacoma is a much more capable vehicle off-road than anything Toyota makes now.

I miss the old late 80's/early 90's Suzuki Samurai. That was the last real Jeep Wrangler competitor.
    You're right about the FJ. But I doubt Toyota sells the FJ as a hard core off-roader. I thought it just got some love from Retro-lovers after they presented this as a concept and went ahead for production.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Well when you can run over any other vehicle on the road, it doesn't really matter, now does it?
    In one of the Top Gear episodes Richard Hammond drives a red one and goed havoc on a parking lot, through walls and terrain (staged).
    talismandave likes this.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post

Visibility?
    Worst offender has to be the H2. It feels like you're riding in a chop top with 1ft wide A pillars. On top of that, the interior seems to be made of giant legos.
    70eldo, 77CDV and brandondeleo like this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    the interior seems to be made of giant legos.
    Wait, you mean it's not?!

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    On top of that, the interior seems to be made of giant legos.
    But... but I like Legos...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.