Glad to see the first geration (76-79) Seville gaining fans here on CF
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By orconn
  • 1 Post By orconn
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Glad to see the first geration (76-79) Seville gaining fans here on CF in General Discussion; Been over in the classic section and have been happy to see folks taking notice of and buying first generation ...
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Glad to see the first geration (76-79) Seville gaining fans here on CF

Been over in the classic section and have been happy to see folks taking notice of and buying first generation Sevilles. As I have said many times, my 1976 Seville, bought new and owned for 8 years, was one of my all time favorite cars.

In my opinion, and the opinion of many of the world's top designers at the time, The first generation Seville was one of the best designs of the seventies. To many of us it harked back to the visual appeal of the late thirties, early forties Sixty Specials.

These Sevilles were very popular on both coasts because they combined a tasteful classic appearance with a degree of quality materials and assembly not seen in a Cadillac for several decades, in a smaller size, yet with the comfort and accessories of a much larger car. The first generation Seville joined the Mercedes 450SE and Jaguar XJ6 as the "Wilshire Taxi" of the seventies. Many folks, like myself, kept their prized first generation Seville many years after they would have normally traded it off. There was the factor that since it didn't look like anything else on the road, at the time, and it held up so well, that owners were reluctant to trade for a lesser vehicle from what was offered in the eighties.

It seems that appreciation for these special Cadillacs has been long overdue, so it is great to see them begin to be appreciated and restored by a new generation!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AElayyat is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 85 Fleetwood Brougham, 90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
    The first gen Seville has grown on me with in the last few years.

You don't see too many nice ones around any more

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Re: Glad to see the first geration (76-79) Seville gaining fans here on CF

I always have loved them! Back in the 70s, and compared to the rest of the American cars of that era, it was a groundbreaking design and car!

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I also have always loved them. I have wanted one since the first time I saw them. Beautiful, formal styling. The most bullet-proof V8 ever to come out of GM. The design could be brought out today, and it would still be fresh and tasteful.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I've only seen a tiny handful in person. I do see a couple 80s bustlebacks once or twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    I've only seen a tiny handful in person. I do see a couple 80s bustlebacks once or twice a year.
    First generation Sevilles were primarily bought of the East and West Coast (Southern California loved them). I don't think they were that popular in the Mid West where larger cars were still the order of the day. I don't think they had much of a following here in central Virginia either; I don't remember seeing one during the seven years I have lived here.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    I've seen a couple first gens around town. One is in the bevo mill area (and is in pretty nice shape). The rest have been trashed out ones in the hood.
    I've seen a few bustlebacks (maybe 4). Oddly, I think I've seen as many of the basterdized stretched coupe ones as factory ones.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    First generation Sevilles were primarily bought of the East and West Coast (Southern California loved them). I don't think they were that popular in the Mid West where larger cars were still the order of the day. I don't think they had much of a following here in central Virginia either; I don't remember seeing one during the seven years I have lived here.
    We had a lot of them around here, but with the rust issue you don't see them any more. Not sure if Madison would count under the "normal' Mid West rules though, we rarely do!

When it comes to cars Madison may fall into the "Greater Chicago" category, certainly when it comes to foreign cars .... Volvos certainly come to mind!
    talismandave likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.