Top ten worst car list of all time. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Top ten worst car list of all time. in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Faith76 I was wondering if LeCar was going to be on there. I think there are a ...
    2manyhotrods is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith76
    I was wondering if LeCar was going to be on there. I think there are a few years of N* that should be on there.
    I hear frequently on this message board that the 1999 Northstar's are the worst. I hope that's not true. I own a '99.
    125,000 miles on it now and it treats me well, aside from some mid case leaks.
    I just love it's styling and the comfort is unmatched by anything else I've owned.
    Who else owns a '99 that has had good service from it?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Due to an unscientific poll on this site, '99's are the most likely to have HG issues. Don't dwell on it.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Re: Top ten worst car list of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by 02603sec View Post
    1974-1977 Camaro, Firebird
    Jim Rockford would disagree:

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Maybe unknown by you, but the first generation Mercedes A-class (and B-class) was a disaster. It started off as the new car that toppled doing the elk test (slalom). Then it was plagued by rust and electrical problems. No other spare part was sold more than those for the A-class. The versions with the smaller engine were really really slow. It was just scary joining the freeway as the merging lane was just too short for them to get enough speed to join the traffic safely.

They are also butt ugly and I just cannot understand why it was sold by the numbers it did!

Attached Images

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by bluztoo View Post
    Bought an American Eagle, I think the year before Chrysler bought them. I always buy he extendo warranty. Good thing. In the four years I owned it, it racked up $12,000 in work bills. And I don't do exaggeration. Supposedly Chrysler was obligated to continue to make it for a few years (designed in France, right down to the blinker on the wrong side - and the French can make great cars as I owned a 75 Peugeot 504). I actually liked the car but it was a disaster.
    As for the Chevy Vega - my father insisted on keeping his. After we dropped the third motor in I told him I wouldn't help anymore. The story is widely known - aluminum block and steel pistons. I think that car is the primary reason I pay someone else to wrench on my cars.
    How did you get that car? They were imported to the US? I have seen many of them in Europe, and they were really reliable and good cars!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2manyhotrods View Post
    I hear frequently on this message board that the 1999 Northstar's are the worst. I hope that's not true. I own a '99.
    125,000 miles on it now and it treats me well, aside from some mid case leaks.
    I just love it's styling and the comfort is unmatched by anything else I've owned.
    Who else owns a '99 that has had good service from it?
    I used to own a '99 STS, and loved that car! HG started to leak at around 140k miles. But I still love that car and it is nowhere even remotely close to be among the top ten worst cars! Actually I would candidate N* powered Sevilles as one of the best cars manufactured by an American company! I will buy another N* powered STS again, I am sure about it!

2manyhotrods is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.

I want to add 2 more DOGS to the list but it's from my own personal ownership and point of view.
    My '80 Corvette L82 I bought new and an 84 Corvette coupe that was 4 years old when I purchased it used.
    The '80 in the first 3,000 miles of ownership needed all 4 wheels to be replaced due to all 4 being warped, the float in the Quadrajet self destructed at 1500 miles, later the oil pump fell off the engine block at 1900 miles and cost G.M. a new short block under warranty.
    At 5,000 miles we discovered numerous cracks in the front frame near the main cross member. G.M. replaced the frame.
    I had to have the front bumper repainted 4 times because it wouldn't hold paint. Finally replaced the bumper with a new cover, problem solved.
    Horrible experience! Did a happy dance the day I sold it.
    Next I purchased a slightly used '04 coupe.
    The only good thing about the car was the Cross Fire injection engine. It had a terrible reputation but my engine never gave me a problem.
    The thing ate tires for lunch and dinner, leaked rain water like mad, dangerously over-steered at highway speeds, leaked transmission fluid from day one, and would not track straight on any road surface rougher than a pane of glass.
    Nightmare car!

A few years later I test drove a 2001 coupe. Grinding synchros were a turn-off for me. Pass!
    This past spring I test drove a used low mileage 2005 roadster. A total bucket to drive Pass!

I think my love affair with Corvettes is long over and DONE!

My 1985 Eldorado wasn't much better but my '70 and my '72 were pretty decent cars once I wore out the OE bias ply rollers and threw Michelins on them.
    Those car were great for their era.

My '99 ETC Eldorado is another banner ride for me. Love the thing despite what everyone else tells me about their early Northstar Caddys.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    1985-1987 Eldorado.
    Plymouth anything.

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    1985-1987 Eldorado.
    Plymouth anything.
    No roadrunner or barracuda for you.

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

I was about to say... Plymouth has made plenty of good cars. By either "cool" or "quality" Plymouth has come out with a few good ones.

Markharry1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V COUPE

There is no top 10 but Pinto is worst for me. I don't like it.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS
    Did u own a pinto? U cannot say any car sucks unless u owned it. We had 2 pintos. Zero issues on both

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    I was about to say... Plymouth has made plenty of good cars. By either "cool" or "quality" Plymouth has come out with a few good ones.
    The Prowler should be a 10 Worst car...

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006

I love the Rockford files.
    99flhr likes this.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I know as a fact the Jim Garner did not drive a Firebird on his own time!

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    The Prowler should be a 10 Worst car...
    thebigjimsho likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.