Top ten worst car list of all time. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Top ten worst car list of all time. in General Discussion; Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 I call bull. Northstar cars are dead nuts reliable until they are neglected. MAYBE the 99 ...
    ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: Top ten worst car list of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    I call bull. Northstar cars are dead nuts reliable until they are neglected. MAYBE the 99 MY, but even then the Concours my Dad had was fairly well cared for and she never let us down.
    I wouldn't be so quick to call bull. My STS was maintained at a Cadillac dealership 8 years before I bought it. It blew a HG and leaked oil. With a Northstar you're dealing with luck more than anything else.
    77CDV and brandondeleo like this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Chevy Luv pickup. Mainly the Isuzu engine, what a POS

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    I call bull. Northstar cars are dead nuts reliable until they are neglected. MAYBE the 99 MY, but even then the Concours my Dad had was fairly well cared for and she never let us down.
    I disagree. GM simply F'd up when it came to the head bolts and thread pitch..

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    This list is pretty crap. The Mark VII (why the LSC Specifically?)? The V8-6-4? The Sterling (with a Honda drivetrain)? The beetle, the Range Rover? really??? Not a single soviet piece of garbage? Nothing from China or India's past?

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Hell the guys that made that list didn't even know where Russia or China was, much less that there were Soviets, and that Communists had cars. They don't teach that sort of thing in journalism school.
    70eldo, 77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

74-77 Camaro and Firebird???

Really??? Values are going UP UP UP on these cars, especially the Firebirds and Trans Am.

I mean come on, 1974 Firebird with the super duty 455 under the hood was one of the most powerful/fastest cars you could buy that year. I'm thinking for 1974 the just introduced Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer or Lamborghini Countach would be the only thing that would blow your doors off, and I don't think you could buy those in the states in 1974.

The fbody in the 70's kept the muscle car flame alive. Mopar canceled all their muscle cars by 1975 or so, Ford was pushing tarted up Pintos as Mustangs, the Camaro and Firebird were the only game in town if you wanted something sporty, v8 and affordable.
    77CDV likes this.

The seventies era Firebirds and Camaros were very good looking automobiles whose styling was much praised by auto designers around the world. The high powered ones were great nickel rockets, if you could stand the rattles, noise and shoddy construction. I drove a 78 Z28 that a friend had , on many occasions, and couldn't wait to give it back to its' owner. It was built for a certain market and like the "muscle" cars of an earlier decade succeeded in selling well to that market, but that doesn't mean it was a great car.

Most young folks on this forum couldn't have tolerated one of these cars for five minutes, OMG lousy sound systems, a clutch pedal and a transmission that was hard to shift and handling unassisted by electronics that would have scared them to death!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    '70s cop cars??? Whoa....WHOA....HOLD IT! I thought this forum had it all figured out already - cop cars are cop cars because they are super mega awesome reliable and they can ram into stationary objects unphased because they have such biblical strength! AMIRITE?
    unphased. lulz.

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Had a `75 Trans-Am w 455 H-0 and a 4spd. It was great !

Kad4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

Funny, I drove by the local Midas today and there in the lot was a fully restored '62 Valiant .
    I would call that an exercise in futility, but to each his own .

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Completely disagree with the camaros, great car, good construction, loud, what muscle car isn't? Loud exhaust is a symphony. I'll drive my friends 76 any day all day. Top 10 should include the smart cars and hybrids with their stupid batteries.

R/T kota is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 4, 67 Firebird, and a pair of SS Impalas

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    74-77 Camaro and Firebird???

Really??? Values are going UP UP UP on these cars, especially the Firebirds and Trans Am.

I mean come on, 1974 Firebird with the super duty 455 under the hood was one of the most powerful/fastest cars you could buy that year. I'm thinking for 1974 the just introduced Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer or Lamborghini Countach would be the only thing that would blow your doors off, and I don't think you could buy those in the states in 1974.

The fbody in the 70's kept the muscle car flame alive. Mopar canceled all their muscle cars by 1975 or so, Ford was pushing tarted up Pintos as Mustangs, the Camaro and Firebird were the only game in town if you wanted something sporty, v8 and affordable.
    The reason the values on them keep going up is because other years are priced too high now. Hard to find a clean 67-73 car now that is affordable to the average car guy.
    78 -81 camaros used to be real cheap back when you could still buy the early year cars for under 10 grand. Now look at the prices. My 80 z28 that was in pretty nice shape cost me 400 bucks.
    With those prices going up, people are moving to the 74-77 years. Most are not leaving them stock. Appearance and performance.

I have owned many F bodies including a 76 trans am. That car still had a 400 ci that would still spin the tire but in reality they were slow.
    75 was the heaviest years for theses cars. 74 -77 camaros had those ugly as sin giant bumpers on them. 78-81 was a huge improvement.
    74 -75 firebirds had that ugly black rub strip on the bumpers so they only looked good in black. 76 -78 were nice looking but got ugly again in 79.
    1974 f bodies will be more valuable because of the flat back window. Makes the car easy to clone a 70-73 out of it. Those years have sky rocketed in price so a 74 is a cheaper alternative.
    drewsdeville likes this.

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

[QUOTE=R/T kota;11153346
    74 -75 firebirds had that ugly black rub strip on the bumpers .[/QUOTE]

Compared to the chrome plated railroad ties cantilevered on the ends of other cars ends of the period, the "endura" bumpers were a thing of beauty. LOL

However big block torque and round headlights made me a fan then and now. The later (79 up?) 403ci Olds engine version was a stump puller, although I didn`t dig the rectangular lamps and under slung snout.

----------

Had 3 Pinto`s as loaners at a shop when I wrote service, good sturdy utilitarian car.

----------

I will nominate ANY year, ANY model of ANYTHING made by AMC as a complete craptastic POS. JMO

I have to agree about the AMC products. I had an AMC Renault dealership on the way home from work that I would occasionally stop at to see if there was anything interesting. I had stopped to take a look at the then new Renault Fuego, whose design I found quite interesting, and looked at a new Jeep Grand Wagoneer that was on the showroom floor. Today these Wagoneers have an avid following, but the ones I saw back when they were new grossly assembled piles of junk. I distinctly remember a door handle coming off in my hand as I tried to open the door, power window switches hanging by their wires, and the distinct sounds a door makes when it has been poorly design and then assembled over paid pot heads. All this left me wondering if similar quality control was present in the mechanical components of their cars.

A good thing you can say about Chrysler was they much improved Jeep products, but those products had nowhere to go but up!

bluztoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AST, 2.0T, Prem. AT, RWD
    Bought an American Eagle, I think the year before Chrysler bought them. I always buy he extendo warranty. Good thing. In the four years I owned it, it racked up $12,000 in work bills. And I don't do exaggeration. Supposedly Chrysler was obligated to continue to make it for a few years (designed in France, right down to the blinker on the wrong side - and the French can make great cars as I owned a 75 Peugeot 504). I actually liked the car but it was a disaster.
    As for the Chevy Vega - my father insisted on keeping his. After we dropped the third motor in I told him I wouldn't help anymore. The story is widely known - aluminum block and steel pistons. I think that car is the primary reason I pay someone else to wrench on my cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.