Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Which cost more per month? Your Medical Insurance or your Mortgage?

• My Medical Insurance costs more than my Mortgage

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • My Mortgage costs more than my Medical Insurance

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • My job provides my Medical Insurance, so I don't care

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I have no Medical Insurance so I don't care

Votes: 2 16.7%

Which cost you more each month - Mortgage Payment or Healthcare Payment?

5K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  Koooop 
#1 ·
I've been hearing from folks that their healthcare is more than their Mortgage. I find that hard to believe, how about a poll?

----------

I heard some people bitching that their Medical Insurance cost more than their Mortgage. I found it hard to believe that could be possible, then I realized if it weren't for the refinance I did a few months back, that's where I would be right now. Curiosity got me.

#33 ·
Obamacare says you will pay for healthcare or pay an IRS fine equal to what you should have paid for insurance. At least that is my understanding.

#39 ·
Kad4Life said:
Anyone beside myself feel that we have a tyrant in the WH, and that our government is more like a tyranny than a democracy ? :annoyed:
Let's not turn this into Obamabash 2013, it was just a question.

G
#41 ·
I actually just did the math for one of my employee's counting the 1-2.5% fine on his income through to 2016 it is still cheaper for him to pay the fines than it is to purchase our insurance or the exchange insurance in N.J.

#47 ·
That's all true, but a political debate goes in another thread.

#49 ·
I didn't say it wasn't political, politics just goes in a different section of the forum. This was just a question. Truth be told, I've had and paid for insurance since my Dad dropped me from his when I was 19. I need insurance (I'm accident prone), frankly I'm happy to see the freeloaders have to pay up as I'm sick to death of paying their way. None the less, I do not and did not support Obamacare even though I'm one of the folks that will benefit from it.

#50 ·
I'm not sure I understand how people who are living on the dole (freeloaders) are going to be 'paying up'.
What I find obnoxious and un-American is the idea that people should be penalized (taxed) for being able to afford health care that is on a par with that given to our representatives, senators and president gratis .
Please, explain that to me .

#51 ·
Valid question with obvious answers. You should start a thread in the Political section of the forum with that.

#52 ·
My insurance has went from a my contribution of 70 a month to 350 a month since the ACA got passed. Also my plan went from a comprehensive low deductible plan to a high deductible plan with an HSA. Also my employer pays almost 10000 a year to allow me to have this plan (I consider this my salary as it is something I earn) so in essence I pay about 14000 a year for health care. So yes I pay more than my mortgage every month for health care. As someone who has had a major medical event about ten years ago, I will never go without insurance. My incident cost over 250,000. I am a 32 year old, healthy non smoker who has always had health care and done the right thing. Obama and the people who support this are stealing food from my table and I hope they rot in hell. The ACA has cost me a lot of money and if I want to keep my plan I do not see it getting better.

It is a leading question this poll, are you talking real cost or just what you see deducted from you paycheck if you work for a company? Also anyone whose company picks up the full tab (I know no one who has this though) it is part of your earnings. The amount you earn is what it costs your company to employ you. This includes benefits. Companies don't care where the money goes, it is cost to them. In essence if they didn't have health care to pay for in a perfect world I would make about 10000 more a year and I would take that money and get insurance like I do for my car. Where companies have to compete and reduce waste to keep customers on their plan. So anyone who doesn't care cause their company pays for it, companies don't pay for anything with their own money. It is YOUR money they are spending on your behalf.

#54 ·
STS_Seville_Hunter said:
Yeah well :p Are you really?
I was there, but the vaca ended so back to the Beach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.