Which cost you more each month - Mortgage Payment or Healthcare Payment? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Which cost more per month? Your Medical Insurance or your Mortgage?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Medical Insurance costs more than my Mortgage

2 15.38%
  • My Mortgage costs more than my Medical Insurance

3 23.08%
  • My job provides my Medical Insurance, so I don't care

6 46.15%
  • I have no Medical Insurance so I don't care

2 15.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree34Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Which cost you more each month - Mortgage Payment or Healthcare Payment? in General Discussion; Well, the Prez said it himself: " if you want change win an election." If you want the America you ...
    Kad4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

Re: Which cost you more each month - Mortgage Payment or Healthcare Payment?

Well, the Prez said it himself:
    " if you want change win an election."

If you want the America you remember; we had better damn well win one !

Just sayin' ...
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    That's all true, but a political debate goes in another thread.

Well, if you say so ..
    But if you think the whole thing isn't political and about votes I think you are laboring under a delusion, mate .

I didn't say it wasn't political, politics just goes in a different section of the forum. This was just a question. Truth be told, I've had and paid for insurance since my Dad dropped me from his when I was 19. I need insurance (I'm accident prone), frankly I'm happy to see the freeloaders have to pay up as I'm sick to death of paying their way. None the less, I do not and did not support Obamacare even though I'm one of the folks that will benefit from it.
    orconn and CadillacLuke24 like this.

I'm not sure I understand how people who are living on the dole (freeloaders) are going to be 'paying up'.
    What I find obnoxious and un-American is the idea that people should be penalized (taxed) for being able to afford health care that is on a par with that given to our representatives, senators and president gratis .
    Please, explain that to me .

Valid question with obvious answers. You should start a thread in the Political section of the forum with that.

HAZZARDJOHN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe deVille d'Elegance, 05 Lesabre,91 Suburban 4x4

My insurance has went from a my contribution of 70 a month to 350 a month since the ACA got passed. Also my plan went from a comprehensive low deductible plan to a high deductible plan with an HSA. Also my employer pays almost 10000 a year to allow me to have this plan (I consider this my salary as it is something I earn) so in essence I pay about 14000 a year for health care. So yes I pay more than my mortgage every month for health care. As someone who has had a major medical event about ten years ago, I will never go without insurance. My incident cost over 250,000. I am a 32 year old, healthy non smoker who has always had health care and done the right thing. Obama and the people who support this are stealing food from my table and I hope they rot in hell. The ACA has cost me a lot of money and if I want to keep my plan I do not see it getting better.

It is a leading question this poll, are you talking real cost or just what you see deducted from you paycheck if you work for a company? Also anyone whose company picks up the full tab (I know no one who has this though) it is part of your earnings. The amount you earn is what it costs your company to employ you. This includes benefits. Companies don't care where the money goes, it is cost to them. In essence if they didn't have health care to pay for in a perfect world I would make about 10000 more a year and I would take that money and get insurance like I do for my car. Where companies have to compete and reduce waste to keep customers on their plan. So anyone who doesn't care cause their company pays for it, companies don't pay for anything with their own money. It is YOUR money they are spending on your behalf.
    orconn and ben.gators like this.

STS_Seville_Hunter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 ETC, 91 STS, 98 Eldo Convertable, '93 Seville

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    You live in DHS. It's a rather more affordable area of SoCal.
    Yeah well

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    I'm waving from Indian Wells.
    Are you really?

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter
    Yeah well Are you really?
    I was there, but the vaca ended so back to the Beach.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.