Greetings from Russia
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Greetings from Russia in General Discussion; Hi there everybody! It is pleasure for me to join community with my 95 Fleetwood Brougham. These cars are very ...
    El_Coyote is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood Brougham

Greetings from Russia

Hi there everybody!
    It is pleasure for me to join community with my 95 Fleetwood Brougham. These cars are very rare in Russia, there are few of them in Moscow and near it. So we have some troubles in finding parts and servicing them. All owners of such cars are trying to keep together to ease all the hard times But from the other side, we get all attention during any way we go, hitting every road. It's my second Fleetwood, first one was sold due to lack of funds being poor student. It's a little tired, not so glossy as yours and have some rust in floors because it ran all it's life in severe russian conditions, but it has strong running engine, good tranny and untouched interior from a donor car. Anyway, i didn't have much choice buying it, it was the only one in sale and probbaly one of the best Fleets in our region, since it is well-known in our american car community. So as far as dreamed about getting myself Fleetwood, i made my decision.
    thank you!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Greetings from Russia

Welcome to the forums!

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I can imagine how rare a sight that Fleetwood must be on Russian roads. What is the history of the car?

Welcome to the Forums.

Thank you!

Legend says it was a gift to the famous pope, Mitropolit of Russian Church, Kirill, now i think he is a Head of Russian Church. In early 2000s it was sold to private use. I am the third owner after him. Milege now is about 280k miles. From Pope there were huge set of icons on an old dashboard, and many antennas from some secret service communication (they drilled two holes in roof, barbarians!).

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Welcome to the forum!! Lots of good info and people in here. Enjoy your stay!!

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006

do you pay a duty to buy parts off ebay?

Bullitt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nice Caddy. I am aware it's not that easy to get spare parts in Russia. But at least unlike us, You have new Cadillac dealership, service chain in Russia. So maybe some day you'll get a new Caddy for Yourself. We don't have a single Cadillac showroom and that's embarassing. I often look at Cadillac Russia FB and there are events for customers organised, test-drives etc.
    Best Wishes from Poland Coyote. Waiting for more pictures of Your beauty.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Welcome! That is incredible having a Fleetwood in Russia, let alone with 280K miles!

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Russian Orthodox icons on the dash .... kind of trumps fury dice hanging from the rear view mirror. I wonder, when the church decommisioned the Fleetwood if they also deleted the "blessings" the car must have had?

I don't think we have ever had a former "Holy Fleetwood" on the Forums before. I am glad that the Orthodox Church had the good sense and good taste to choose a Cadillac for their senior officer instead of the ubiquitous Lincoln Town Car!
    talismandave likes this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Mr Putin will be jealous!

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I always love to see the members from outside of North America!

You guys Rock! To be so devoted to an old Cadillac and go through the hassle, work, and expense to keep them going is incredible. The thought of that big beautiful Cadillac roaming around Russia makes my heart jump with glee.

I look forward to hearing from you about your life with a Cadillac.
    ben.gators likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    Nice Caddy. I am aware it's not that easy to get spare parts in Russia. But at least unlike us, You have new Cadillac dealership, service chain in Russia. So maybe some day you'll get a new Caddy for Yourself. We don't have a single Cadillac showroom and that's embarassing. I often look at Cadillac Russia FB and there are events for customers organised, test-drives etc.
    Best Wishes from Poland Coyote. Waiting for more pictures of Your beauty.
    Actually it's very expensive to service old cars at dealers, they have highest prices for parts and works, maybe twice higher than general market prices. And they don't have parts on the warehouses, we should wait for the parts to get shipped. There's no profit of having Cadillac dealers unless you ride new model. So we take our cars to special american club services, there's few of them in Moscow, but they have more reasonable ways of treating these cars. Strange to hear that you don't have any Cadillac dealers, never thought!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 02603sec View Post
    do you pay a duty to buy parts off ebay?
    Duty is not so much problem, the problem is shipping and time of waiting. If part is big or weigh much, shipping price is sky high, times more than actual price of the part and it will take 3-4 weeks for it to arrive by air and months by sea.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Russian Orthodox icons on the dash .... kind of trumps fury dice hanging from the rear view mirror. I wonder, when the church decommisioned the Fleetwood if they also deleted the "blessings" the car must have had?

I don't think we have ever had a former "Holy Fleetwood" on the Forums before. I am glad that the Orthodox Church had the good sense and good taste to choose a Cadillac for their senior officer instead of the ubiquitous Lincoln Town Car!
    All the icons were at their places at the beginning but now they are gone with an old destroyed interior. All what's left from them is signs of glue on the ceiling. But i think it's blessing is still with us. I don't like Lincolns too, huge GM fan.
    Guys from a car club call it "Godly"

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    Mr Putin will be jealous!
    And he definitely is! Can you imagine, i should pay to Putin's regime about $1500 annual tax for runnung 260hp car here!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    I always love to see the members from outside of North America!

You guys Rock! To be so devoted to an old Cadillac and go through the hassle, work, and expense to keep them going is incredible. The thought of that big beautiful Cadillac roaming around Russia makes my heart jump with glee.

I look forward to hearing from you about your life with a Cadillac.
    Here we are all headless crazy guys, running cars twice bigger than normal, consuming gas twice much as usual car and paying taxes times more than for small displacement compact car. Riding the car that you may consider humdrum is a trully rebellious here
    70eldo and talismandave like this.

Thanks a lot for your warm acceptance, guys!
    Here's the monster on the first ride, bought it 350 miles from home.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.